Children’s Kiva Montessori School
Elementary/Middle School - Board of Directors Meeting
10.23.15 at 5 pm – 311 N. Broadway
BOD Approved on 11.16.15
- Call to Order: Julie S. called the meeting to order at 5:07 pm.
- Roll Call: Julie Suckla, President; Tamia Hurst, Secretary; Nate Seeley, Treasurer; Chad Fish, Member; Kathy Stemmler, Member; JenniLynn Lawrence, Member
- Vision – Children’s Kiva Montessori School will provide a vibrant and engaging learning environment based on the teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori that supports all students’ academic excellence and ability to become empowered, creative, lifelong learners responsible for themselves, their community, and their environment.
Mission - Children’s Kiva Montessori School uses authentic Montessori Methods, Community-Based educational approaches, and integrated academics (STEAM) to support student academic success, responsibility, and independence.
Montessori Moment – Julie
Volunteer for next Montessori Moment (TBD at meeting) – JenniLynn
- Approval of Agenda: Nate moved to approve the agenda as presented, seconded, approved unanimously. Motion carried.
- Community Member Forum: None
- Executive Session
- At 5:12 pm JenniLynn moved to enter into Executive Session for the sole purpose of discussing personnel matters as authorized by Colorado Revised Statues 24-6-402(4)(f). JenniLynn stipulated that all EMS Board of Directors (Julie Suckla, Tamia Hurst, Nate Seeley, Chad Fish, Kathy Stemmler, JenniLynn Lawrence) be in attendance. Motion seconded, approved unanimously. Motion carried.
- Executive Session was recorded on Julie Suckla’s I-Phone.
- At 6:53 pm Julie moved to exit out of Executive Session. Motion seconded, approved unanimously. Motioned carried.
- New Business
- Action Item – Tamia will create an EMS Board of Directors folder in Google.
- Action Item – Julie will draft a letter to families and upload to Google for review.
- Adjournment: Tamia moved to adjourn the meeting, seconded, unanimously approved. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:53 pm.
Prepared by Tamia Hurst, BOD Secretary