Software Engineer, .NET/MSSQL
919-931-8503 - email@example.com
I am looking for a position in which I can apply knowledge of software design, development, and management to build new well-designed applications and improve existing projects.
Software Engineer, ChannelAdvisor
Morrisville, NC — May 2011-Present
Part of an engineering team responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of a high load, high performance, highly scalable web application including multiple complex back-end systems, all built primarily with C# and MS SQL.
- Became a recognized leader on a large sub-system which was part of an even larger code base.
- Identified legacy code bottlenecks, refactored improve speed and efficiency, saving millions of rows from the database and decreasing processing time by up to 75%.
- Working in a small team, re-engineered a data tracking system to make more efficient database calls, conserve memory, and simplify code. Decreased the total time to track data by up to 90%.
- Rebuilt a legacy “data transform” system to take advantage of parallelism, caching, and streaming. Decreased transform times immensely depending on cache hit/miss ratio.
- Identified redundant work cycles in two data transform systems (internal and external) and eliminated them, resulting in savings of hundreds of hours of processing hours per day. Received “best project” award.
Lead Developer, 3 Birds Marketing
Chapel Hill, NC — Mar 2010 - May 2011
Manage and implemented the majority of C# code in a large ASP.NET web application using VS2010 that serves all clients of 3 Birds Marketing, leveraging a major CMS.
- Built core web application and CMS integration libraries from the ground up for a successful electronic marketing startup.
- Increased efficiency of company account managers by developing several .NET web applications and libraries which automate repetitive time consuming work.
- Became the company expert on the CMS software and its use within the company. Worked with management, services, and development teams to develop expertise in the company.
Product Manager, N Software
Durham, NC — 2007-2010
Reported directly to the CEO, overseeing the full breadth of product offerings, managed API design, developers, and support. Streamlined project life-cycle and improved product usability by improving organization and planning.
- Managed priorities, acted as liaison between customers, developer support staff, and developers.
- Increased downloads and sales through blogging, building sample services, apps, SharePoint web part demos, tutorials and trade show exhibitions.
Developer Support Manager, N Software
Durham, NC — 2001-2007
Manager of developer support for a widely used suite of software development components used in many different languages. Developed a strong reputation for excellent support and responsiveness.
- Software development of desktop, web, and mobile applications, code review and analysis of client projects, technical conferencing and advising of clients.
- Designed and implemented automated unit testing of product suites using NUnit and PowerShell, resulting in more stable code bases with fewer bugs.
- Primary focus on the .NET (and CF) framework, web services, ASP.NET, file transfer, e-commerce, and other Internet communications protocols.
Lab Instructor & Teaching Assistant, North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC — 1996-1997
5 semesters teaching a Intro C++ lab. Graded labs, tests, programs, and homework. Designed, debugged, and explained C++ syntax to students.
- Bettered my own education along with that of the students, while learning how to logically explain code concepts and flow to fellow computer science students.
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC — 1994-1999
Applied Mathematics, Computer Science
- Programming Languages: C#/VB.Net, .NET CF, ASP.Net, HTML/ASP, VB6/eVB, PowerShell
- Web Technologies & Internet Protocols: HTML, ASP.NET, ASP, XML, REST - LDAP, SNMP, FTP, SOAP, POX.
- Applications: TFS, SharePoint, PowerShell, NUnit, SVN, Bugzilla, Ethereal/Wireshark, DotNetNuke
Available upon request.