Software Engineer, .NET/MSSQL
919-931-8503 - firstname.lastname@example.org
I am looking for a position in which I can apply knowledge of software design and development to build scalable high performance solutions and contribute to the improvement of legacy systems.
Software Engineer, ChannelAdvisor
Morrisville, NC — May 2011-Present
Part of a large engineering team responsible for the design, development, improvement, and maintenance of a high load, high performance, highly scalable SaaS system including multiple complex back-end systems, built primarily with C# and MSSQL. Technical leader on a smaller team concentrating on digital marketing solutions.
- Complete redesign of a legacy cost processing system that decreased processing time by 96% and database call count by 99%, with no increase in memory footprint.
- As part of a two man task force, re-engineered a data tracking system to make more efficient database calls, conserve memory, and simplify code. Decreased the total time to track data by up to 90%.
- Updated an old inventory import system to decrease import time by 75%.
- A leader of a small team that rebuilt a data transform pipeline, decreased transform times immensely using parallelism and caching.
Lead Developer, 3 Birds Marketing
Chapel Hill, NC — Mar 2010 - May 2011
Managed and implemented the majority of C# code in a large ASP.NET web application using VS2010 that serves all clients of 3 Birds Marketing, leveraging a major CMS.
- Built core web application and CMS integration libraries from the ground up for a successful electronic marketing startup.
- Increased efficiency of company account managers by developing several .NET web applications and libraries which automate repetitive time consuming work.
- Became the company expert on the CMS software and its use within the company. Worked with management, services, and development teams to develop expertise in the company.
Product Manager, N Software
Durham, NC — 2007-2010
Reported directly to the CEO, overseeing the full breadth of product offerings, managed API design, developers, and support. Streamlined project life-cycle and improved product usability by improving organization and planning.
- Managed priorities, acted as liaison between customers, developer support staff, and developers.
- Increased downloads and sales through blogging, building sample services, apps, SharePoint web part demos, tutorials and trade show exhibitions.
Developer Support Manager, N Software
Durham, NC — 2001-2007
Manager of developer support for a widely used suite of software development components used in many different languages. Developed a strong reputation for excellent support and responsiveness.
- Software development of desktop, web, and mobile applications, code review and analysis of client projects, technical conferencing and advising of clients.
- Designed and implemented automated unit testing of product suites using NUnit and PowerShell, resulting in more stable code bases with fewer bugs.
- Primary focus on the .NET (and CF) framework, web services, ASP.NET, file transfer, e-commerce, and other Internet communications protocols.
Lab Instructor & Teaching Assistant, North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC — 1996-1997
5 semesters teaching a Intro C++ lab. Graded labs, tests, programs, and homework. Designed, debugged, and explained C++ syntax to students.
- Bettered my own education along with that of the students, while learning how to logically explain code concepts and flow to fellow computer science students.
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC — 1994-1999
Applied Mathematics, Computer Science
Available upon request.