IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
NEW IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS FOR 2017‐2018 SCHOOL YEAR
The Immunization Regulations from the Pennsylvania Department of Health and Pennsylvania School Code were recently changed and go into effect at the beginning of the 2017‐2018 school year.
Every student in all grades attending school in Pennsylvania must have the following Immunizations: (Those in BOLD print indicate new requirements).
● 4 doses tetanus, diphtheria, & pertussis (DTaP)
● 4 doses polio
● 2 doses measles, mumps, & rubella (MMR)
● 3 doses hepatitis B (Hep B)
● 2 doses of varicella (Varivax – chickenpox vaccine)
In addition, students attending 7th through 12th grade need the following:
● 1 dose of tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis (Tdap)
● 2 doses of meningococcal vaccine (MCV)
Please review your child’s immunizations with your healthcare provider to ensure that all requirements have been met. All required immunizations are due by the first day of school on Monday, August 28, 2017. Failure to comply with this state regulation may result in exclusion from school on September 5, 2017.