MISSION STATEMENT, VISION STATEMENT
Fort Smith School District Mission Statement
The mission of the Fort Smith Public Schools is to
ensure academic and personal success for each
student today and in the future.
Ballman Elementary Mission Statement
Preparing for Real Life.....The Ballman Way!!
This mission was inspired from the Ballman School Song, composed by Emmy Award Winner and Ballman Parent, Kevin Croxton in 2016.
Click Here For The Ballman School Song Lyrics
Click Here For The Ballman School Song Music
Ballman Elementary Vision Statement
We are an innovative school aiming to prepare our students for a rapidly changing world by equipping them with critical thinking skills, global perspective, and respect for core values of honesty, loyalty, and compassion. Development of these skills is the cornerstone of the education we offer. Students will be successful today and be prepared for tomorrow.
Ballman Elementary Core Beliefs
- Engaged students have fewer behavior problems
- Set procedures and be consistent
- Create positive relationships for positive behavior
- Active, relevant learning contributes to positive behavior
- Positive incentives will improve behavior
(Learning for Students)
- All students can learn and make progress
- Active involvement creates productive learners
- Provide a safe environment for active learning
- Build positive teacher/child relationships
- Children learn from each other
- Assessment drives instruction
- Differentiated instruction is necessary to meet all student needs
- Students deserve to be challenged-Set high expectations
- Essential questions and instruction must be meaningful
- The pace of instruction is determined by the pace of learning
(Learning for Adults)
- Adults are life-long learners
- Learn from our mistakes and experiences
- We learn from each other
- We choose our own paths
- If you think you can, you can. If you think you can’t, you can’t.