Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
From Don’t Judge Me for My Sweet Tooth
- 1 cup cold, unsalted butter, cubed *note: these were made with Crisco, but I've made them both ways. While I am a Crisco girl generally... this time, I decided that they are better with butter.
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips *This time, I only used 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips, the other half was Andes chips! They were great!
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugar. Beat together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Blend in the eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl as needed. Mix in the cocoa powder until well blended.
- Add the flour, salt, baking powder, and cornstarch to the bowl and mix on low speed just until incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula. (The dough is very thick.)
- Roll into small balls, and place on baking sheets a few inches apart. Flatten slightly.
- Bake 12-16 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheets 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
3 ½ dozen cookies
Source (for original): Love from the Oven