Maine FabLab at Engine provides the community affordable access to tools and resources for education, innovation, and professional development. We are interested in design, hands-on projects, arts and digital fabrication. Maine FabLab Users have access to the digital fabrication (cnc) equipment and the Media Lab with iMac computers running professional design software.
SIGN UP - fill out the application form here, and we review your information and get back to you as soon as possible.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Maine FabLab has something for just about everyone, and anyone is welcome to become a user. Here are some of the types of people who use the Maine FabLab.
- designers (graphic, industrial, video, audio, etc.)
- makers of all things
- community members
EQUIPMENT & AMENITIES
- 3D Printers (MakerBot Replicator 2 and MakerGear)
- Shapeoko 2 CNC Milling Machine
- Vinyl cutter with Klik-n-Kut software
- [ media lab ] iMac Computer Lab with six stations
- model: 21.5in , late 2013
- processor: 2.9 GHZ Intel Core i5
- video card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 MB
- [ medialab ] Adobe Creative Cloud
- After Effects
- [ amenities ] Community Work Table
- [ amenities ] WiFi
- Sunday - Tuesday: Closed to the public, available for use by vetted members
- Wednesday - Friday: 1pm - 6pm
- Saturday: 11am - 4pm
MEMBERSHIP FEES + DUES
- $10 per day (4 hours)
- $5 per half day (2 hours)
- $300/year ($120 savings)
- $100/year ($80 savings)
*Maine FabLab users opting for monthly payment plan must sign up for recurring payment plan via Engine’s chosen payment gateway.
HOW IT WORKS
Users may access facilities and reserve equipment during open hours. All users must reserve time on a specific computer or machine via the online reservation system. Specific machines require training, and members may not use equipment until being trained and/or approved by Design Lab staff.
- SIGN UP - fill out the application form here, and we review your information and get back to you as soon as possible.
- FILL OUT CONTRACT - once your application has been approved, you can swing by during open hours and sign our contract.
- ORIENTATION - schedule an orientation with FabLab staff.
- RESERVE TIME - all users must reserve time on equipment via the online reservation system.
- Respect the facilities, equipment, users, and staff.
- Work responsibly and independently.
- Adhere to health and safety guidelines as explained during workshops and orientations.
- Use equipment only after receiving training and/or approval from Lab staff.
- Leave the space clean and orderly.
- Leave all equipment and supplies on the premises.
- Understand that you are liable for any damage incurred to equipment due to misuse or negligence.