Using Screencastify to record
Add Screencastify to your Chrome browser
- Log into the ChromeBook with your student account (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Launch Chrome
- Go to the Chrome web store http://chrome.google.com/webstore/ - confirm you are logged in with your student ID
- Click on NPSGoogle App Self Service, if necessary
- Click on Screencastify button
Use Screencastify to record
- Once it's added to Chrome you'll see a filmstrip icon in your browser
- The first time you click it, Screencastify will ask where to store your videos -- choose Google Drive
- If asked, sign in again to confirm your Google Drive account
- If asked, setup Tab recording -- this will give you more options when you record
- If asked, allow the extra permissions for Tab recording
- Next you should see a brief tutorial - it’s worth watching!
- You can choose between recording the whole screen (so you can switch between tabs) or just one tab. You can also record your face with the webcam.
- Make sure the microphones are turned on!
- Click the orange button to start recording. The recording will capture what happens on screen, as well as your voice
- To stop or pause recording, click the filmstrip icon again
- When you are finished you will see a playback of your video. It will automatically be saved to a folder in your Google Drive (you may need to click “grant permission”).