Ricotta Amaretto Cheesecake
From the kitchen of: Yolanda Caccamo Quackenbush
Ingredients for Crust:
*50 small (1-inch) Amaretto Cookies (believe it or not I bought mine at Marshals, but you can try any Italian import store or Italian section of your grocery store).
*3 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled
Procedure for crust:
*Whirl the cookies to a powder in a food processor
* Add in the butter to evenly coat them.
* Pat the crumb mixture in the bottom of a 9 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch spring form pan.
* Wrap a large sheet of Aluminum Foil around the outside of the pan and set aside
Ingredients for Filling:
* 2 3/4 cup Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
* 1 1/4 cups Mascarpone Cheese
* 1/2 cup Sour Cream
* 1 cup Granulated Sugar
* 3 Large Eggs
* 1/4 teaspoon Salt
* 2 1/2 tablespoons unbleached all purpose Flour
* 1 teaspoon Pure Almond Extract
*1/8 cup Amaretto Liqueur
~*~Optional~*~ Caramel Topping
* In a stand mixer or by hand with a hand held mixer, beat the ricotta cheese with the mascarpone and sour cream.
* Beat in the sugar and eggs one at a time.
* Beat in the salt, flour, extract and the liqueur.
* Pour the batter carefully into the prepared pan.
* Place the pan in a larger pan and carefully pour boiling water into the larger pan until it is about 1-inch up the sides of the spring form pan.
* Bake on the middle oven shelf for 50 minutes.
* Turn off the oven and allow the cake to sit in the oven 50 minutes longer.
* Remove the cake from the larger pan and carefully remove and discard the aluminum foil.
* Allow the cake to cool for 30 minutes.
* Cover the top of the cake loosely with wax paper and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
* When ready to serve, allow the cake to come to room temperature. Unlatch the spring form pan rim and carefully remove it. Place the cake on its base on a serving platter.
* Top with whatever you wish! I put Caramel topping in a ziploc bag and cut a small piece of the tip off and decorated the top with it and then placed the extra Amaretto Cookies I had around the cake for a beautiful presentation!