Copiah-Jefferson Regional Library
Meeting Room Policy
- The room is available on a first-come, first-served basis upon prior reservation without charge to organizations engaged in informational, educational, cultural, or civic activities. No fee may be charged to attend the meeting.
- Library activities shall have precedence over the use of the room for other purposes. Activities may not interfere with the conduct of library business.
- Commercial use of the room which does not directly benefit the Library or its patrons is prohibited. No fees will be charged to attend any function. Commercial use is defined as any program or activity of which the main purpose is to sell a product or service.
- After-hour access to the meeting room is limited to patrons in good standing. Good standing is defined as a local patron with an account that has been established for three months with no overdue charges, fee assessments, or behavioral reprimands. Patrons making any reservation must be at least 18 years old.
- Reservation for library space shall be made at least one day, but not more than six months, in advance. Repetitive reservation of the meeting room at regular intervals is not allowed if it supersedes the interest of other groups desiring to use the meeting room.
- Patrons reserving a meeting room must be in attendance for the scheduled event. The person booking the room is responsible for the care of the room. Any damages to the library or meeting room (including failure to clean the room upon exiting) must be repaired at the expense of the person booking the room and will cause forfeiture of applied deposits.
- A deposit of $35.00 is required for use of a meeting room key. A $65.00 deposit is required if food is being served. Deposits are refundable upon the return of the key, when the Library has determined that the room is clean and undamaged. In the instance that a key is lost, the person who booked the room will be responsible for the cost of rekeying the associated locks for the meeting room. Deposits that are not picked up within two weeks of meeting room event are forfeited. Not all libraries have a meeting room available.
- Meeting room use is restricted to the timeslot reserved. Groups or patrons reserving the meeting room are not allowed to access the meeting room prior to their reservation time and must be completely out of the meeting room by the end of their reservation time.
- The Library is a tobacco, alcohol, and drug-free facility.
- Display materials must be approved prior to the meeting, and nothing may be affixed to the walls.
- The Library reserves the right to enforce any safety rules including but not limited to fire codes, noise limitation, and library building rules.
- Any violation of this policy may result in a loss of the privilege to reserve and use meeting rooms. The Branch Manager may deny the responsible party privilege of meeting room use. An appeal can be made to the Library Director if the responsible party thinks that their privilege has been wrongfully infringed upon.
- The booking of a meeting, and the content of its subsequent meeting, does not constitute an endorsement of, or any opinion about, the philosophy of such group by CJRL. The Library only promotes Library related or co-sponsored programs.