Vom Grovatts Rottweiler Stud Contract
Vom Grovatts Rottweilers
Morrison, Mo 65601
Phone 636-290-6999 Fax N/A
OFA Hips _____________ OFA Elbows _____________ OFA Cardiac ____________________
CERF _________________ Other Clearances __________ Tatoo/Microchip _________________
DNA profile ___________ AKC Number _____________ D.O.B. ________________________
Bitch's D.O.B_____________ AKC/CKC
OFA Hips________________ OFA Elbows_________________ OFA
CERF____________________ Other Health Clearances
Stud Dog owner enters into this agreement with the intent to help the Bitch owner to produce healthy
puppies which, in both type and temperament, will be good representatives of the Rottweiler breed. To this
end, the following items are included in this Stud Contract:
1. Bitch must be registered by the American Kennel Club or Canadian Kennel Club and be over 24 mos.
2. Bitch must be certified clear of Canine Hip Dysplasia and Cardiac disorders by the Orthopedic
Foundation for Animals if inside the USA, or its foreign counterpart if outside the USA. Bitch must have
an Elbow x-ray and CERF exam submitted and the results shared with Stud Dog Owner.
3. Bitch may have no disqualifying faults per the FCI Breed Standard for the Rottweiler and all genetic
and/or health problems which exist or have existed in the bitch must be disclosed to Stud Dog owner.
4. Bitch must have good temperament, as evidenced by conformation or working titles. If the Bitch is not
titled in a way to make good temperament probable, bitch owner agrees to make Bitch available for
examination by Stud Dog owner. In cases where the Stud Dog owner cannot meet the bitch, owner will
provide current photographs.
5. Bitch owner must provide Stud Dog owner with the bitch's three generation pedigree.
6. Bitch owner must provide current brucellosis results and a vaginal culture report performed within 14
days of the expected breeding.
7. Bitch owner warrants that this Bitch has not been exposed to any other Stud Dog from the start of her
1. A stud fee of $______Private Treaty shall be payable in full prior to the first mating or insemination by cash or
certified check unless other arrangements are made beforehand between the breeder and stud dog owner.
2. The Bitch owner is responsible for any and all fees associated with breeding, including, but not limited
to veterinary Services, shipping fees, ovulation timing or artificial insemination fees.
3. The owner of the Stud Dog guarantees that the Bitch whelp 3 live puppies. If the Bitch fails to whelp or
whelps less than three live puppies, the owner of the Bitch must notify the Stud Dog owner within 7 days of
the expected whelp date. In these cases, the Stud Dog owner will provide one repeat stud service to this
Bitch or an agreed upon Bitch owned or co-owned by the same owner. In the case of a substitute Bitch, all
requirements of the original contract must be met. In the case that the Bitch changes ownership, there is
no obligation on the part of the Stud Dog owner to provide a repeat service.
4. If, after the second mating/insemination, the original Bitch again fails to whelp, the Stud Dog owner will
offer services of Stud Dog once more, only after the Bitch has undergone examination by a reproductive
veterinarian and has had ovulation timing. Any attempt to mate/inseminate after the second unsuccessful
mating or insemination, will be at no expense to the Stud Dog owner. In this case, Bitch owner will also
incur the expense of frozen semen collection if the bitch is to be inseminated in this manner.
5. The stud fee shall not be refunded, in whole or in part, for any reason, except as specifically provided for
within this contract. Puppy Placement
1. Bitch owner agrees to involve Esmond Rottweilers in the decision making process when choosing
homes for all puppies that result from this mating and will put the Stud Dog owner in touch with each
prospective owner prior to promising any puppy.
2. Bitch owner agrees not to knowingly sell a puppy to a pet store, animal wholesaler or broker or via
auction. No puppy may be sold either directly, or indirectly, to any party outside of North America without
the express written consent of the Stud Dog owner.
3. Bitch owner agrees to sell all puppies on a written contract. Copy of this contract must be furnished to
Stud Dog owner prior to first mating taking place. Furthermore, Bitch owner agrees to sell any puppy with
a disqualifying fault per the FCI standard, on an AKC limited registration. For Bitch owners residing in
Canada, pups must be sold on "non-breeding" contracts, which can be lifted once pups grow into dogs
worthy of breeding.
4. Bitch owner agrees to provide the name, address and phone number of each puppy purchaser within 30
days of transfer of ownership and also agrees to provide each purchaser with the name, address and phone
number of the Stud Dog owner.
5. Bitch owner further agrees to provide each owner with a letter from the stud dog Sample Letter
6. Bitch owner agrees to assume responsibility for any resultant pups for their lifetimes and agrees to
accept any puppy that is returned. Bitch owner further agrees to notify Stud Dog owner of any puppy,
which results from this breeding, that cannot be kept by it's original owner. In such cases, Stud Dog owner
is entitled to the "first right of refusal" in the case that the Bitch owner or Breeder cannot keep the puppy.
Furthermore, Stud Dog owner reserves the right to deny any breeder or bitch for any reason. In the case
that the breeding has previously been approved, Stud Dog owner also reserves the right to later refuse any
bitch that is aggressive to any person while attempting to breed naturally or artificially or whose breeder is
found to not be in good standing with the American Kennel Club and Canadian Kennel Club. In either
case, full stud fee, less $200 for expenses, will be refunded.
In breeding animals, there is always a risk that one may be injured during the process. Bitch owner agrees
to hold the stud dog harmless from any liability or damage. In addition, the Bitch owner understands that
the Stud Dog owner accepts no liability for the actions of this Bitch while in their care, including but not
limited to personal injury or property damage.
It is specifically agreed that Vom Grovatts Rottweilers is not required to sign the application for registration of a
resulting litter until such time as all expenses and stud fees are paid and all conditions of this contract are
Any further agreement between the parties is set forth below:
This contract contains the entire agreement of the parties and shall be construed and enforced in accordance
with the laws of Osage County Missouri. Both parties stipulate that there are no other agreements other
than those set forth in this document. Any legal action filed by either party in an effort to enforce this
contract, will be filed in Osage county Missouri. If any legal action occurs, the prevailing party
will be entitled to recover reasonable costs and attorney's fees. Each party acknowledges that they have
read and understand the terms and conditions of this Stud Service Contract and have voluntarily entered
into and executed this agreement.
Signature of Stud Dog owner______________________________________________ Date ___________
Signature of Bitch owner_________________________________________________ Date____________
Signature of Bitch co-owner______________________________________________ Date____________