AEJO ERASMUS+ PROJECT
COORDINATING VET SCHOOL: CIP TAFALLA
MEETING MINUTES - APRILIA
20th to 24th March, 2017
Day 1 – 21st March, 2017
The first topic is budget:
There is some uncertainty about which documents each partner has to present the coordinator in relation to management and implementation. Some partners with experience in previous projects claim that in the concept of management and implementation the National Agencies don’t request any documents related to expenses, they just need to find evidences that the intended results, products and objectives have been accomplished. During the meeting, Marian, the coordinator, consults the Spanish National Agency and it confirms it doesn’t require any documents regarding expenses on the budget of management and implementation.
Partners put their ideas together about what activities have been done so far this year and what is still left to do.
Assessment of the tasks completed: Work Plan Year 2
Activity 3. Students learn to write a CV Europass and letters for applying for a job (Cover letters).
As agreed in the meeting in Bocholt, our students’ CVs and cover letters are stored in Google Drive and not in eTwinning for privacy reasons. However, the Italian partners suggested the project should be presented for eTwinning Awards, and so all the activities should be shown in eTwinning so that they can be evaluated. Therefore, Marian will remove any personal identification about the students from their CVs and cover letters and will publish them in eTwinning.
Activity 4. Survey to the companies.
Futuro digitale showed the partners their PowerPoint/report with a comparison of the results of the companies’ survey in the different countries. They agreed to pass Marian this report in order to be published both in the website and in eTwinning.
Activity 5. Job interview simulation video.
All the partners selected some students and acted a job interview. Marian commented the Spanish students were very reluctant to be recorded. She had to make great efforts to convince them and in the end she managed to do the activity. The German partner commented his students didn’t want to be recorded either, and he respected their decision for privacy reasons. In the meeting all partners agreed a solution would be to record just the students’ voice, not their image, so they will do the activity in audio files.
The already made videos of the interviews are published in eTwinning.
Marian will make a collage for the website.
Activity 6. Employability in your region/country.
All the partners except the Italians made their Employability report and it is published in eTwinning. The Italian partner said she needed more time to finish, so she will have it ready in two weeks.
Activity 7. A gap year.
In the previous meeting in November in Bocholt Futuro Digitale shared with the partners an Erasmus+ Programmes Database of European Mobility Programmes in the form of a Power Point which Marian converted into a video AEJO JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN EUROPE where students can easily check and find the job opportunities there are in the different countries in Europe by means of European mobility programmes. They will realize how much practice they can get and the great quantity of options there are at their disposal.
This video was inserted in the “Attitudes to and knowledge of working abroad” survey as an introduction for the students.
There was a problem with the Google Form because it was the same for all partners and they didn’t make their own copy, so the results were in the same answer sheet, which made comparison impossible.
After the meeting Marian has sent a separate Google Form for each partner. All partners will analyse and present a summary report on the data in two weeks. CIP Tafalla’s example is already in Twinspace.
Futuro Digitale committed themselves to send Marian a selection of websites of institutions and companies where students could find job opportunities. The file will be published both in the website and in eTwinning.
Day 2 – 22nd March, 2017
Marian reminds the partners what the expected project results for the Spanish National Agency are. Final report needs:
● Publish an ANNUAL newsletter with the activities and tasks that are carried out in the different phases of the PROJECT. Futuro Digitale showed us the Newsletter for Year 1 they have created: a pdf with the all the activities (Timeline, Didactic Unit, evidences about etwinning, etc.), and Futuro Digitale also committed themselves to create the second newsletter for Year 2 when Marian publishes in the website http://www.aejoerasmus.eu all the information about the the second year and the fourth meeting in Aprilia.
● Prepare a report for each meeting. Marian has already published a report of all the previous meetings taking into account the agendas, minutes, photos, etc. of each meeting. In the next weeks Marian will make a selection of the photos and a report of the meeting in Aprilia will be published in the website of the project.
● Hold two inter-cultural weeks (one per year), which involve the proposed cross-curricular issues, promote international coexistence and recognition of the linguistic, social and cultural diversity. TWO EXCHANGES in this Year 2.
We have already carried out two inter-cultural weeks: the first in November, 2016, in Bocholt, we took five students from each school (Spanish, French, Italians) to Bocholt and they were warmly received by fifteen German students in their homes. We have repeated the experience in our meeting in Aprilia in March, 2017. We took five students from each school (Spanish, French, German) to Italy.
● Maintain project information during its development through a web for the PROJECT, both in the public domain WordPress, and also internally for the partners (etwinning).
● Develop a FINAL WEB “LIVE AND ACTIVE” that lasts over time, continuing the project “APPROACHING EUROPE AND ITS JOB OPPORTUNITIES”.
● Develop a Guide based on the FINAL PROJECT on various proposals carried out in each partner country, and its DIGITAL REPORT dissemination that will describe from different viewpoints (students, teachers) all the experiences during the learning process of personal and social skills. TWO DIDACTIC UNITS are already published in the website of the project.
● Subscribe with centers and strategic partners collaboration agreements so that we can create a network of companies and partnerships in order to facilitate the exchange of practices of students, both FCT and graduate (if possible, in the future, we would like some students from each centre to carry out their practice period in different countries of the association).
Indeed, one of the results of this project is the collaboration agreement the Spanish and the French school reached for a KA1 project by means of which the Spanish school is sending some students to some enterprises in France for their Workplace Internship.
● End report: We will include the answers of the questionnaire. We need evidence of Evaluation, both for the students (Cuantiative self-evaluation in Google Forms, by means of the rubric included in the Didactic Unit, and Qualitative self-evaluation in Google Docs, by means of an open questionnaire) and the teachers.
Day 3 - 23rd March, 2017
As in the evaluation of the Intermediate Report that CIP Tafalla presented the Spanish National Agency stated that there wasn’t enough evidence in the partners’ websites about the existence of the AEJO project, we need to agree on a common strategy for dissemination in all the partners’ websites, that is to say, a minimum number of links to access: