~ FILLED!! Thank you to all who volunteered & shared! ~
**CROSSPOSTING NEEDED & GREATLY APPRECIATED!!**
Saturday, February 25, 2017
Knoxville, TN to Frederick, MD
ROUTE: TN VA WV MD (I-40, I-81, VA-7, US-340)
**Mileage for this transport is tax deductible!!**
Click here for most current version of run sheet!
~ BEFORE VOLUNTEERING *** PLEASE READ *** BEFORE VOLUNTEERING ~
1. Do you have access to a mobile phone? Unfortunately, pay phones are a thing of the past, and if you’re unable to communicate with the Team while you’re on the road, driving for rescue transports is not for you.
2. Will all the passengers fit? Check the weights of each passenger, which ones are traveling with their own crates and the dimensions of those crates to see how many of the passengers you can safely haul.
3. Are you willing to read and adhere to the Volunteer Protocol? If you can’t be bothered to actually READ the protocol and take necessary steps to adhere to it during transport, please do not waste your, my and the rest of the volunteers’ time by offering. These aren’t “guidelines” - they are rules, and they’re in place for both your and the passengers’ safety. Failure to adhere to the protocol will NOT be tolerated!
ALL Volunteers must READ & ADHERE TO PROTOCOL at following links:
>> TRANSPORT VOLUNTEER PROTOCOL <<
BASSET HOUND HANDLING INSTRUCTIONS
READY TO VOLUNTEER?
1. READ protocol at: TRANSPORT VOLUNTEER PROTOCOL & FAQ
2. NEW CCRT Volunteers, sign up at: VOLUNTEER SIGN-UP FORM
3. Previous CCRT Volunteers ONLY: EMAIL US directly
Canine Crossing Rescue & Transport
Tanya Kittrell ~ Founder/Transport Coordinator
1. Crate is NOT provided. Passenger to ride tethered by harness or drivers to provide crate if so desired.
ATTENTION ALL VOLUNTEERS
1. Adhere to the protocol at: Transport Volunteer Protocol!!
2. Carefully follow the handling instructions at: Basset Hound Handling Instructions!!
3. Times noted on each leg are approximate and reflect drive time only.
4. 10 minutes have been added between each leg for break and transfer.
5. Drivers to arrive at starting location when or before preceding driver is due to arrive, NOT when leg is due to start.
6. Unless instructed otherwise, do NOT feed passengers anything while transport is on the road
7. IMPORTANT: Check collars and harnesses for proper fit and tightness, making any necessary adjustments, PRIOR TO UNLOADING PASSENGERS FROM VEHICLE!!
8. Passengers to be DOUBLE LEASHED AT ALL TIMES (even when in vehicle) - 1 leash attached to harness & separate leash attached to collar.
9. At no point is ANY passenger to ride in the laps of the Driver or anyone sitting in the Front Seat! ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS!!
10. Tethered dogs may ride in the front copilot seat ONLY if have the option to turn off the passenger side airbag!
***START OF TRANSPORT***
SATURDAY, FEB 25
LEG 1: KNOXVILLE, TN to BULLS GAP, TN (I-40, I-81)
(59min, 58mi) 9:00am - 10:00am
**FILLED by BRBR - Thank you, Susan & Tim L**
LEG 2: BULLS GAP, TN to BRISTOL, TN (I-81)
(54min, 59mi) 10:10am - 11:05am
**FILLED - Thank you, Loni W**
LEG 3: BRISTOL, TN to WYTHEVILLE, VA (I-81)
(1hr, 66mi) 11:15am - 12:15pm
**FILLED - Thank you, Crystal C**
LEG 4: WYTHEVILLE, VA to TROUTVILLE, VA (I-81)
(1hr 15min, 80mi) 12:25pm - 1:40pm
**FILLED - Thank you, Susan & Scott H**
LEG 5: TROUTVILLE, VA to STAUNTON, VA (I-81)
(1hr 7min, 73mi) 1:50pm - 2:55pm
**FILLED - Thank you, Joy E**
LEG 6: STAUNTON, VA to STRASBURG, VA (I-81)
(1hr 7min, 76mi) 3:05pm - 4:15pm
**FILLED - Thank you, Adria H**
LEG 7: STRASBURG, VA to FREDERICK, MD (I-81, VA-7, US-340)
(1hr 20min, 70mi) 4:25pm - 5:45pm
**FILLED - Thank you, Krissy T**
***END OF TRANSPORT***
Total Passengers: One (1)
Reason for Transport: rescue to senior Basset retirement community
Each passenger traveling with:
• Paperwork: Health Certificate, Rabies Certificate, vet records
• Gear wearing: Martingale collar, harness, 2 leashes
• Supplies: Food, bag of stuff
Name: Belly Rubs Basset Rescue
Location: Knoxville, TN
RECEIVING & RESPONSIBLE PARTY
Rescue: House of Puddles
PASSENGER 1 – ROSCOE
Special instructions: Will need assistance when loading/unloading from vehicles due to arthritis. Refer to Basset Hound Handling Instructions to prevent injury. Due to his unpredictable fear of certain noises, walk as far away from traffic as possible.
Story: owner surrender - “moving, can’t afford care”
In foster care since: 2/12/17
Breed/Description: Basset mix, tricolor
Age: 12 years
Size/weight: med, ~50 lbs (underweight)
General health/appearance: arthritic, very thin, cyst on right ear
UTD on age appropriate vaccs: yes
Rabies Certificate: yes
HW status: unknown (will be tested at rescue)
Parasite free: yes
Health Certificate: yes
Temperament: very sweet, laid back
• Strangers: good
• Children: unknown
• New dogs: good
• Cats: good
Crate trained: unknown, not currently crated
Walks on leash: yes
Travels well in vehicle: yes
Crate provided: NO, to ride tethered by harness or driver to provide crate if so desired