Etchells Fleet 12 - San Francisco
2017 Fleet Championship and World Championship Qualification Series
Notice of Race
- The series will be governed by the rules as defined in the Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS)
- The rules of the International Etchells Class (CR) will be in effect.
- Eligibility and Entry
- The series is open to all International Etchells Class boats that have registered prior to April 15, 2017.
- Late entries are accepted provided the entrant pays the late entry fee as prescribed on the registration form. Boats not registered prior to April 15, 2017 will not be scored for races sailed prior to the completion of their registration and payment of all fleet dues.
- Fleet dues are required to enter the series and be scored for 2017 World Championship Qualification.
- A late fee may be assessed for all boats registering after April 15, 2017.
- World Championship Qualification Series
The World Championship Qualification Series will be noted in the schedule with event(s) labeled “WQ”.
The schedule shall be available on the Fleet 12 website - www.etchellsfleet12.com
- Each boat shall have a valid Etchells measurement certificate.
- All safety gear and required equipment shall be present while racing.
- All sails shall conform to the measurement rules of the Etchells Class.
- Sailing instructions
- For all events of the series hosted by other organizing authorities, the sailing instructions shall be available either during registration or online prior to the commencement of the event.
- For Fleet 12 events, the sailing instructions shall be posted on the Fleet 12 website - https://etchellsfleet12.com.
- Venue and Racing Areas
- Racing areas will be determined by the individual event organizing authorities.
- For Fleet 12 events, the racing area will be in the Olympic Circle area, approximately 1nm ESE of Southampton Shoal.
Courses will be published in the sailing instructions and their appendices.
- Penalty System
- Penalties will be in accordance with RRS 44.
- RRS 44.1 is modified to say “A boat may take a One-Turn Penalty when she may have broken one or more rules of Part 2 in an incident while racing, unless that penalty is for a rule broken inside of the zone.” If a rule of Part 2 is broken in an incident while racing inside of the zone, a boat may take a Two-Turn Penalty.”
- Series Scoring
- Scoring for the series will be in accordance with RRS Appendix A.
- RRS A.2 is modified to say “Each boat’s series score shall be the total of her race scores excluding her worst 20% of races”.
- Radio Communications
Except in an emergency, a boat shall neither make radio transmissions while racing nor receive radio communications not available to all boats. This restriction also applies to telephones, tablets and other devices.
Prizes will be awarded to the top-3 boats in the series and to the top new fleet member.
- Disclaimer of Liability
Competitors participate in the regatta entirely at their own risk. See rule 4, Decision to Race. The organizing authority will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the regatta.
Each participating boat shall be insured with valid third-party liability insurance.
- For further information, please contact:
Fleet Captain - Etchells Fleet 12, San Francisco