Arielle (Ari) Vaniderstine Not currently seeking employment.
email@example.com http://ariari.io ca.linkedin.com/in/ariari/ twitter.com/imariari github.com/arirawr
Technologies and Skills
Languages: English, French, limited Swedish
Design: web, responsive, HTML5/CSS3, Sass/SCSS/LESS, Bootstrap, Sketch, Balsamiq
Development: Wordpress, Visual Studio, XCode, webpack, CodeFlow, git, vim, command line, scrum, Trello
Marketing: public speaking, SEO, TweetDeck, Google Analytics, copywriting, editing, blog & social media writing
Developer Advocate Engineer, Spotify Stockholm, Sweden, Present
- Responsible for making the Spotify Platform engaging, easy to use, and available everywhere. Making the 3rd party developer experience great.
Technical Consultant, independent consulting Remote, 06/2014 - 04/2017
- Contract work for start-ups and established companies, focused on agile project management, design sprints, tech evangelism, web design and full stack development, SEO, and content marketing.
- Launched and led a project-based work-education program for junior developers.
Designer and Front-End Engineer, Barefoot Coders New York, NY (Remote), 09/2015 - 04/2017
- Contract design, front-end development, and product management for a variety of medium-scale web and mobile applications. Led design sprints both remotely and on-site.
Explorer Intern (Software Engineer + Project Manager), Microsoft Redmond, WA, 05/2015 - 08/2015
- Designed and implemented a heat map visualization control into the Azure web portal, then used the control to represent thousands of compute nodes in real time for Azure Batch.
Community Manager, AngelHack San Francisco, CA, 02/2015 - 05/2015
- Evangelised AngelHack within the developer and hacker communities both online and in-person and developed a social strategy. Managed ambassadors across the world to help them run local events.
Brand Growth, Wavo Montreal, QC, 01/2015 - 03/2015
- Managed and developed brand and content strategy, including managing 2 interns. Launched viral and automated marketing campaigns on social media. Designed and coded new landing pages.
Web Designer and Developer, UniSEO Montreal, QC, 10/2014 - 01/2015
- Designed and developed custom Wordpress themes and plugins for clients using PHP, HTML, SCSS, and PhotoShop. Managed tags and SEO optimization for client sites.
Web Editor, The McGill Daily Montreal, QC, 09/2014 - 12/2014
- Managed custom Wordpress site, designed and implemented mini-sites, edited content. Pioneered and managed a web staff team to teach design and coding basics to new contributors.
Volunteer and Charity Work
Director of Marketing, Hacker Fund Los Angeles, CA, 02/2015 - 06/2016
- In addition to board meetings, advised on and oversaw marketing initiatives for events. Onsite technical mentor and guest speaker for events. Played an integral role in content strategy.
Community Administrator, Hackathon Hackers The Internet, 09/2014 - 12/2015
- Moderated content and sparked discussion in an online community of over 21000 young hackers.
Venture Mentor and Judge, Dobson Centre for Entrepreneurship Montreal, QC, 01/2015 - 04/2015
- Hosted office hours to advise student ventures on marketing, design, and lean development. Judged ventures at the centre’s annual Dobson Cup Entrepreneurship Competition.
Director of Outreach and Mentorship, HackMcGill Montreal, QC, 09/2014 - 04/2015
- Promoted the organization and its events both internally (within McGill) and externally to other schools on social media. Recruited mentors for and directed mentorship at the annual flagship hackathon.
Bachelor of Arts and Science (incomplete), McGill University Montreal, QC, 09/2013 - 12/2014
- Major concentration Software Engineering, Major Concentration English Literature