1320 N. Smithfield Road
Knightdale, NC 27545
We are excited about some changes that will be taking place next school year to make carpool safer for our students. This letter is to inform you of these changes.
Our Vision: All Lockhart Carpool students are picked up safely and by the appropriate people.
Our Goal: To ensure that carpool runs as safely and efficiently as possible.
Lockhart will be implementing a new carpool application, which will be specifically for Lockhart students. In order for this to be a success, we will need your help.
- We are asking that all parents of carpool students stop by the office to claim your new number for the upcoming school year. In many cases, the number that you currently have, will remain your number, but you will need to claim it in the office and pick up a new tag.
- Even if your child will only be a car rider one or two days a week, or every Friday, etc., we are asking that you get a number. We are trying to be as consistent as possible with the carpool process.
- Parents will also need to fill out a form and list anyone that will be picking up your child(ren).
- When you fill out the form, you will need to have your picture taken. Anyone who will be picking up your child(ren) on a regular basis, will also need to have their picture taken. This is to ensure that students are being picked up by the right people.
- We are aware that emergency situations occur. In the event that someone has to pick up your child that is not on the list, you will need to send a note to the office, with the name of the person who will be picking up the child so that it can be put in our system. This way, when the child arrives at carpool, we will know who is to pick up that child. We will check that person’s id before releasing the child.
- When you get the new student handbook, please refer to the Carpool section to see all of the procedures that will occur to ensure the safest and most efficient dismissal possible.
Thank you so very much for all that you do to support our students and staff. We know that this will be a great school year with all of us working together!
The Carpool Team