EPICS Version 4 Telecon, 26-Apr-2016

Agenda

0. Usual status, AIs, pull requests

1. 4.6 planning.

MS/MD Answer on whether gateway should be included [1]

2. Lund WG meeting agenda items.Training planning

Minutes

Present: AJ, GW, KK, MK, MD, TK, RL, DH

Chair: GW

Scribe: RL

AIs.

No

Action

Assignee

Target Date

Status

2

See who can fund dbGroup/Qsrv going on

GW

assigned

5

Write the one license file (using the MIT license in most cases)

AJ

assigned

6

Update your module to include copy of that one LICENSE. Update your headers to contain the header text.

ALL MODULE OWNERS

wait on 5

7

On your module pages, remove the current/previous links; replace “Working Draft” with version number of module, which has its own numbering scheme, like 5.0.2 for pvDataCPP. Eg “Version 5.0.2 18/Nov/2015”

AJ check status, ALL MODULE OWNERS

5-Mar-2016

Assigned

10

Simplify Literature page and home page to help users find novice oriented documentation.

GW

assigned

16

Commit changes to all modules, other than exampleCPP and pvDatabaseCPP, which set the shared library versions

MD

assigned

17

Monitor changes pull request (AI from meeting 15-Mar-2016, http://tinyurl.com/zqa3qyp

MD

5-Apr-2016

assigned

1. Planning for 4.6

GW: Tracker is up. Should the Gateway or Qsrv be part of this release?

MD: No for both. Both depend on unmerged features of V4 and Base.

Rather add a link. Not ready in any way.

AJ: Timetable was described in previous minutes:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14tNuYhI1UKfo30gpWqp2ZGqrg68-xKYngkgGhq-XLw4/edit?usp=sharing

DH: All servers currently crash when run on Windows. Training doesn’t actually need 4.6, need something that works (4.5.0.1) plus patches.

GW: Should we not do the 4.6. release now then?

GW: Should 4.5.0.2 include the changes in the examples done by Marty?

RL: 4.6 - if includes examples, should not be done without a pre-release (pre).

MK: can we do a 4.6 release, with caveat re Windows?

RL: What for? DH needs something that works for the training.

GW: We’re doing a 4.5.0.2 for the Lund meeting/training. Close to 4.5.0.1, no structural changes.

GW: What about doing a 4.6 alpha for the same date?
MD: Who will do the release planning? Who will do the work?

RL: Proposed a new way to do release build and bundle for Java (only) in order to include running tests as part of build and bundle. Involves parent POMs and git-submodules.

RESOLUTION: The Lund training will be based on a new bundle, 4.5.0.2 - composed of 4.5.0.1 plus patches. We will start assembling 4.6 but we will not target its readiness for Lund.

MD: Let’s ask Dave to open a ticket for the Windows crashes.

2. Lund meeting

TK: About 30 participants for the V4 training. Rooms should be large enough.

KK: Who will provide the training?

DH + colleague from DLS.

MD may also be there.

Days:

V4 Training day is Tuesday.

V4 WG meeting on Sunday will be at Hotel Planetstaden. Monday is at ESS.