I am learning to DO RECIPROCAL READING
Why learning through reciprocal reading?
- It encourages students to think about their own thought process during reading.
- It helps students learn to be actively involved and monitor their comprehension as they read.
- It teaches students to ask questions during reading and helps make the text more comprehensible.
Here is my assessment:
- I share my predictions about what the text will be about
- I work together with my group to clarify words
- Together with my group I ask and answer questions
- I can summarise the article or part of an article
- I participate fully, contributing my valuable thinking
My comment:I think I need a little bit more practice and I think I can paticapate in the J K Rowling group.
I hope you are enjoying the challenge of doing Reciprocal Reading! Make sure you “butt in” and raise your hand to clarify all the words you need to learn. Reciprocal reading requires a lot of skill and concentration. We will look at the different levels of questions we can ask and answer.