Salty Roads Investigation
- Do commercial de-icing agents meet their claims about their effective lowest temperatures?
- Are brand name de-icing agents more effective than generic ones?
- Various de-icing agents
- Test tubes with holders
- Digital thermometers
- Other materials upon request & with approval from the teacher
- You will design an investigation to determine the answers to the guiding questions above.
- Things to consider:
- You must make a claim about the guiding questions (your answers).
- How many substances must be tested to prove your claim?
- How will you consistently test out the substances? (your procedure)
- What type of data will you collect and how will you consistently collect it?
- How will you analyze the data?
3. Make a video of your investigation as you do it.
- May be written or a video
- Claim, Evidence, & Reasoning for the investigation