Chocolate Mint Truffles
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 4 oz. Dark Chocolate
- 2 Tbsp. Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. Peppermint Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Cocoa
- Let the cream cheese sit out until room temperature, or put it in the microwave, and stir after 15-second intervals until warm and soft.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave and once melted, let cool to the same temp as the cream cheese. (HINT: Melt the chocolate part way, and stir until the rest of the chocolate is melted. May have to reheat if it all doesn't melt the first time.
- Add chocolate to the cream cheese, then add the rest of the ingredients. Mix until all are combined. If you do not have the mint taste you like, add small amounts until it suits you.
- Cool this mixture in the refrigerator until firm enough to roll into balls.
- Spoon dough out, and roll into small balls, and let these truffles cool in the refrigerator again.
- Dust with cocoa powder and powdered sugar, and enjoy!