#18 - For Azeroth!: “Not a Dreadlord”
• Garrett • Jocelyn
Intro: Welcome to For Azeroth!
No show next week, Garrett’s traveling!
What We’re Up To
Kill many dinos, speculate about Hearthstone!
Getting Ready for 7.2
Launching sometime very soon, are you ready?
- Finally ran Court of Stars! Apparently forgot I need to get something off Xavius too.
- Ran Rift of Aln just before the show. Ended up getting my first Frost-spec Legendary!
Lady Jaina Proudmoore
- Youngest child of Grand Admiral Daelin Proudmoore
- Completely enamored with the stories of the Guardian Aegwynn, she was thrilled when her magical talents were discovered and she was sent to Dalaran to train
- She badgered Archmage Antonidas into taking her on as his apprentice, making her one of the very few women to directly serve Dalaran
- Eventually, at the cathedral in Lordaeron, Jaina met Prince Arthas Menethil. The two grew close, first as friends but eventually romance blossomed
- Kael'thas Sunstrider was also interested in Jaina, but in the end she chose to pursue Arthas
- Jaina was very much in love with Arthas, but he decided that they were rushing into things, and ended their relationship so that she could train in Dalaran without distraction
- Jaina was hurt, but believed it was the right decision at the time.
- Not long after, they decided to rekindle their relationship, just as the Scourge began to threaten Azeroth
The Third War
- Some time later, Archmage Antonidas was approached by a prophet who urged him to take his people to Kalimdor
- Antonidas dismissed the Prophet as a madman, but Jaina had observed the meeting from the shadows, and insisted she sensed great power in him, and though he should not be ignored
- Antonidas disagreed, believing that the plague in northern Lordaeron was more worthy of their attention, and so sent Jaina to aid Arthas while he investigated an outbreak in Brill
- Jaina and Arthas travelled through northern Lordaeron, fighting armies of undead as they went, finding more and more evidence that the land had been infected, ending in the tragic confrontation at Stratholme
- Jaina returned to Stratholme after Arthas had left, appalled to find that the town was in ruins
- She was visited by the Prophet, who had failed to reason with both Antonidas and King Terenas. He sensed Jaina’s leadership abilities and power, and so urged her to take what people and forces she could with her to the west, fleeing Lordaeron and her home of Kul Tiras for Kalimdor
- Months later, Arthas and his Scourge began their invasion of Dalaran, and she and Antonidas realized that the Prophet had been right
- Jaina gathered as many survivors as she could, but wanted to stay in Dalaran to confront Arthas and help defend the city if it came to that. She failed in her resolve though, and after a heated conversation with Kael’Thas who was still grieving the loss of his father and his home to the monster Arthas had become, she left with the survivors and sailed for Kalimdor as Dalaran fell, and Antonidas with it
- When Jaina arrived in Kalimdor, she ran into orcs that she believed must have followed her across the sea. Her troops clashed with those of Grom Hellscream, driving them off
- Jaina realized she needed two things, to find the Prophet, and to set up a defensible base, since Kalimdor was not as safe as she had hoped
- She led an expedition up Stonetalon Peak, believing it to be a solid defensible position, and also sensing great power within
- Jaina stumbled upon Thrall and Cairne. They were about to battle when the Prophet arrived, urging them to work together or Azeroth would be destroyed
- Reluctantly, Jaina agreed to ally her forces with Thrall’s against Hellscream and the demons
- Jaina and Thrall were able to capture Grom’s essence within a soul gem, which Jaina then purged of the demonic curse
- The two remained allies, even though their forces were not happy about it. Constant attacks by undead and night elves further threatened their uneasy alliance
- Finally, Thrall received a vision, and Jaina followed him to the home of the night elf leaders, Malfurion Stormrage and Tyrande Whisperwind
- Again the Prophet appeared, revealing himself to be the former Guardian Medivh attempting to make amends for his past mistakes while under the influence of Sargeras.
- Medivh urged the humans, orcs, and night elves to join forces against the Legion, and so all three vowed to defend Mount Hyjal together
- Jaina used teleportation spells to scout the area, and found Archimonde had begun to make his way up the mountain
- They set up three bases on the slopes of the mountain. Jaina’s base was closest to the bottom, and so was first to fall. She escaped, and was able to make it to Thrall’s base to transport him away before Archimonde could kill him
- The night elves were able to defeat a weakened Archimonde on Mount Hyjal, and Jaina left to attempt to find a place for her people to settle on the continent of Kalimdor
- Jaina took the refugees to a small island outpost, newly named Theramore
- Shortly after establishing herself there, she was approached by Rexxar, a half orc, half ogre, who was loyal to Thrall. He accused her of organizing an ambush of Thrall, and of humans encroaching on Durotar and attacking orcs and their troll allies alike
- Jaina was horrified at any attempt on Thrall’s life, and swore she had no knowledge of any human incursions into orc territory, and so demanded to see the soldiers for herself
- She and Rexxar set out to investigate, and found the outpost where Thrall had been ambushed under attack by the Naga
- They fought off the naga looking for survivors, but the only one they found was a dying man, who said the “Admiral” would be glad to see Jaina alive
- Rexxar was confused, but trusted Jaina after seeing how horrified she was. He agreed to accompany her back to Theramore
- When they arrived, they were greeted by Jaina’s father, who immediately ordered the imprisonment of Rexxar and his friends. Jaina pleaded for her father to let them go, but he didn’t listen. Rexxar and his men fought their way out of Theramore, and made their way back to the troll leader Vol’jin to tell him what happened
- Thrall rallied his new Horde, consisting of Orcs, Tauren, Trolls, and Ogres led by Rexxar, to push back the encroaching humans
- The Horde raised strongholds and pursued Admiral Proudmoore and his forces back to Theramore Island
- Jaina had a hard decision to make. While she was loyal to her father and her nation, she had also seen how petty vendettas like her father’s did not matter in the grand scheme.
- Jaina helped the Horde get ships from the goblins, and ordered her own troops to stand down when the Horde attacked.
- The Horde was victorious, and her father was killed in the battle, leaving Jaina heartbroken, but more resolved than ever to lead her people and remain at peace with the Horde
You can send your emails to FAZpodcast@gmail.com
Tim from Germany
Let’s say I wanted to play Legion. How much would it cost me to get WoW now? Do I need to buy all the expansions? *Joce’s Note: It’s $49.99 US for Legion, + $19.99 US for the base game which includes all expansions pre-Legion. One month of sub time is included with the $19.99 base game.
Also what Class would be fun to play? I played a bit of the trial mode but a level 20 character and a 110 clearly a not the same. I am mostly looking for advice on how the different rotations play “play whatever you think is cool“ isn’t really that helpful when the actual gameplay of that specific class isn’t fun.
I am mostly interested in Balance Druid, Monk (Healer or DPS) or Warlock. Now I know you don’t really play those classes but a bit of an overlook on how these classes play would be great. Maybe you have some resources I could look into?
Thanks for your show
Elaine of Shalott
You asked about good leveling story content for alliance characters. I have an Alliance alt and I found a really great story in Ashenvale. The quest line starts out with a fairly typical series of fetch quests to get a cure for a sick child. The first in the chain is called Bathran's hair.
It takes a turn about halfway through. As your first few attempts to cure the child fail you travel to a moonwell where you are spoken to by Elune. Elune sends you to Avrus Illwhisper, a repentant Satyr. In the end not only do you save the child but you cure the Satyr making him a night elf again.
Love the show especially the lore segments.
Subscribe to For Azeroth! on iTunes and on Youtube.com/Amovetv.
Catch the live show Monday mornings at 12pm Eastern on Twitch.tv/amovetv. Catch the live show from virtually any device thanks to AlphaGeekMedia.com.
Joce where can you be found?
Follow Jocelyn @JocePlays
The Gamers’ Inn
Follow Garrett @GarrettArt
NOMOONart.com for Garrett’s stream designs.
Into the Nexus: The Heroes of the Storm Podcast!
The Angry Nerd: Amove.tv/angrynerd