3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1 1/2 cups peeled and diced apples (1 medium apple)
1 cup quinoa flakes
1/2 cup raisins soaked overnight to two days in 1 cup Trader Joe's unsweetened organic whole grain drink/your preferred milk or non-dairy alternative
2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1 egg, room temperature
1/2 cup light olive oil
1/3 cup amaranth flour
1/3 cup millet flour
1/4 cup tapioca starch + 1 tsp. for the blueberries
1/4 cup sweet rice flour
1 tsp xanthan gum
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Take your milk and soaked raisins out of the fridge and add the vinegar. Allow to sit while you prepare the flour mixture.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the quinoa flakes and milk/raisin mixture. Stir in the egg and oil.
- Pour flour mix over quinoa flakes and fold together until just combined.
- Fold in the apples. This is your topping.
- Pour the blueberries in an 8 x 8 in. greased pan. Sift the tsp. of tapioca flour over the blueberries and shake the pan to coat them evenly.
- Use a spoon to put the topping on the blueberries. You can use your fingers or the back of the spoon to pat it evenly over the blueberries like a crust.
- Bake for an hour or until the crust is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle of the crust comes out clean. If the edges begin browning too much before the middle is done, you can put tinfoil over the edges.
Find the original recipe at The Daily Dietribe.