RULES AND GUIDELINES
Solo Cosplay Catwalk is a fast, furious cosplay competition streamlined to be as simple and quick as possible. It is FREE to register and join the contest although the contestant must pay the entrance fee of Anime and Cosplay eXpo (ACX.) There are no reference picture requirements and the contest will focus mostly on the merit of the costume and their short stage performance. Only a maximum of 100 cosplayers will be accepted for registration. The overall winner will advance to the Cosplay Mania Cup 2017 to compete for a prize pool of P100,000 CASH while other stand-outs like Best Performance, Best Craftsmanship, Best Hair & Makeup, etc. will be given special prizes (see below.)
Contest registration is only on-site from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM on July 29, 2017. The following information must be submitted through a form below for on-site registrants:
- The competitor's real name;
- The competitor's stage name;
- The competitor's working contact details (mobile phone AND email);
- The name of the character that the cosplayer is cosplaying as (or in the case of a mash-up, the names of the characters involved in the mash-up);
- The series from which the character or characters (in the case of a mash-up) came from;
- Whether the competitor made or owns the costume they’re wearing. If they are not the owner, indicate the owner of the costume.
The information above must be truthful; falsifying any of the information will result in instant disqualification of the contestant. More than 1 case of falsifying information will result in a year-long suspension from events organized by Cosplay.ph. All registration information will be kept in the strictest of confidence and other competitors will not be allowed to review this information.
Original characters are also not allowed to join the contest, but Cosplay Mash-up of characters are allowed (ie. Goku/Batman or Steampunk Sailormoon) and gender-bend costumes (ie. Male Elsa or Female Mario) are allowed and encouraged.
- Fanservice (ie. yaoi, yuri, etc.) is allowed but should be “General Patronage”. Any kind of extreme kind of fan service (ie. kissing, PDA, etc.) that is deemed inappropriate for minors are strictly prohibited. Keep in mind that the contest is a wholesome and a General Patronage event.
- Costumes that are too revealing (ie. exposes private parts) are prohibited. Scantily clad and/or sexy costumes are allowed but not encouraged. The organizing team has the right to disqualify any participant on this ground.
- All kinds of costume props must be handled with utmost care and must not be harmful to his/her fellow contestants, event staff and event attendees. Any kind of sharp and/or bladed objects that will be used as costume props that could cut human flesh are strictly prohibited. Any kind of pyrotechnic equipment/s that will be used as costume props that could render damage to the venue and/or property is strictly prohibited.
- The organizing team, organizers and its staff will not be held responsible for damage or injury resulting from mishandling and/or negligence of a cosplayer in his/her use of props/materials throughout the duration of the event.
- Contestants under eighteen (18) years of age as of event date must have their parent/s and/or legal guardian/s sign the waiver/image release form to be provided at the registration table.
- Previous winners of 1st, 2nd or 3rd place of the Cosplay Craze in 2017 can be eligible to join the other legs only if they use a different costume. The specific costumes of previous winners can no longer join even if they are worn by a different competitor.
- For the 1st Place Winner, if they already have won in a previous leg with a different costume, they still receive the cash prize, but the Cosplay Mania Cup slot will be transferred to the next highest score. If 2nd Place also has a slot already, it will be transferred to the next highest and so on.
- The event organizers reserve the right to disqualify any contestant who ignores and/or violates any of the aforementioned guidelines.
- Registration and participation in this contest constitutes that the contestant gives the right and the authority to the organizers/staff, its sponsors and authorized press media to take pictures and/or videos of registered contestants, teams and its members and will be the sole property of the organizers/staff, its sponsors and authorized press media to be used for future publications and/or advertising promotions.
- The event organizers, staff and judges as well as their relatives up to the 2nd degree of affinity or consanguinity are disqualified from participating in the competition. This includes parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, uncles or aunts, first cousins, nephews or niece and brother or sister.
- Costumes that were partially or wholly fabricated by any of the judges are disqualified from participating in the competition. Costumes owned by any of the judges are likewise disqualified.
REGISTRATION AND JUDGING PROCESS
- Contestants can register between 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM even if they are not in full costume. They must be in full costume between 1:00 PM until 3:00 PM when they will be judged.
- The judges table will be located near the registration table. In cases where this is not possible, the staff will direct the registrant to the location of the judges table.
- The contestant is responsible for reporting to the judges table or risk not being judged. Contestants who are not judged will be ineligible for the Top 20.
- Contestants who register between 1:00 PM until 3:00 PM must register in full costume and will be judged shortly after being registered.
- There will no longer be any secret judges. Instead, a judge’s table will be provided next to the registration table where they will judge the contestants. The highest 20 scores will be placed into the Top 20 finalists and only they will be allowed to do a catwalk on-stage.
- At 3:00 PM registration will end and the cosplayers must assemble for Cosplay Parade.
- Only the first one hundred (100) registered cosplayers will be accepted.
- Contestants will then have one (1) minute each on-stage to perform for the judges. Take note that exceeding the one (1) minute will incur a penalty to your score (see below.)
- Contestants are allowed a maximum of one (1) human prop or stage assistant during their skit.
In the pre-judging stage, only Costume Quality will be scored to determine the Top 20 finalists. During the Top 20 catwalk, a panel of judges will judge the contest with the following criteria in mind:
- Costume Quality (50%): Faithfulness to the source material as well as the quality of details, difficulty, durability and mobility of the costume.
- Performance (40%): Overall entertainment value of the stage performance including projection, facial expression as well as the quality, creativity and originality of the skit.
- Audience Impact (10%): The overall impact that the performance achieved on the audience.
In addition to the judging scores, penalties will be imposed on the following rule infractions:
- Exceeding Time Limit (10% Infraction): For every one (1) minute or fraction thereof that the performance exceeds the time limit of one (1) minute, a 10% score deduction will be applied.
- Unsportsmanlike Conduct (10% Infraction): For actions that are demeaning to the organizers, staff or judges or that incite conflict in the competition, a 10% score deduction will be applied. If this unsportsmanlike conduct continues, it may result in disqualification and ejection from the venue grounds. Multiple cases of unsportsmanlike conduct or willful defamation of character of any of the organizers, staff, judges or fellow competitors will result in a year-long suspension from any events organized by Cosplay.ph.
Judges’ decisions are final and cannot be appealed.
At the end of the event, the scores will be tabulated and the highest scores based on the following criteria will be given awards. The awards will be as follows:
Overall Champion: P2,000 CASH + Prizes + Cosplay Mania Cup Slot
Craftiest Craftsman (Best Craftsmanship): P1,000 CASH + Prizes
Peak Performer (Best Performance): P1,000 CASH + Prizes
Priceless Props (Best Props): P500 CASH + Prizes
Treasured Trap (Best Cross-dress): P500 CASH + Prizes
Heart-stopping Hair (Best Hair & Make-up): P500 CASH + Prizes
Fan Favorite (Audience Choice): P500 CASH + Prizes
* If the winner already has a slot in the Cosplay Mania Cup, the next highest score will be awarded to Cosplay Mania Cup slot instead.
All winners must be present in the audience or near the stage and in plain view of the staff for the awarding ceremony and must be in full costume. If the winner is not present during the awarding ceremony, the next highest-scoring competitor will be awarded the prize instead. If there is a compelling reason for the contestant not to be present during the awarding ceremony, they will be required to inform an organizer beforehand and provide a proxy for themselves during the awarding ceremony.
Rules are subject to change and revisions without prior notice.
The Solo Cosplay Catwalk Rules and Guidelines is the sole property of Cosplay.ph® and Cosplay Philippines®.
The guidelines cannot be copied and/or replicated and/or reproduced for any other event and/or contest without the consent and/or permission from its parent owners.