Principal's Message: Week Ending 05/08/2020
Good morning! I hope that everyone is continuing to do well. An early shout out to all of our awesome SES moms...Happy Mother's Day on Sunday!
- The teachers have finished bagging up your child(ren)'s items and are ready to be picked up next week. They have also placed any sibling items with your oldest child's classroom teacher so that you do not have to make an extra trip up to SES. As was previously mentioned, this plan is to not have any parents/students enter the building. We are bringing out the brown paper bags by grade level to the front of the building. When picking up your items, you will use our building dropoff procedures (here is a map to give you a visual idea of how this will look out front: ). You will not need to get out of your car. As you pull up, we will give you your items and you can hand us anything that you are returning to us. Staff will be wearing masks/gloves when exchanging items. Another option is to pop your trunk or open the back of your car to avoid contact. We will have two lines in our front parking lot to speed things up. Since we have 4 sections at each grade level, we will have two lines (clearly marked) for you to go through one of them (example: for 5th grade parents we will have a Claxton/Palermo line; and a Kurtz/Fluegge another line). Here are the pickup times:
- 5th grade Monday, May 11th from 9:00-11:00
- 4th grade Monday, May 11th from 12:30-2:30
- 3rd grade Tuesday, May 12th from 9:00-11:00
- 2nd grade Tuesday, May 12th from 12:30-2:30
- 1st grade Wednesday, May 13th from 9:00-11:00
- Kindergarten & Preschool Wednesday, May 13th from 12:30-2:30
- Click here for the slideshow/video art lesson on Scratch art. Click here for Mrs. Sloan's final art video lesson/ slideshow entitled "Painted Rocks".
- We have been in contact with Lifetouch regarding this Spring's school pictures and yearbooks. The spring pictures have been delivered and distributed to the teachers and should be in their brown bags. Yearbooks will be delivered at the beginning of the school year. If you did not order a yearbook, a few extra have been ordered. They will be handed out on a first come first serve basis. The cost is $12. Thank you for your patience and understanding with all of these orders.
I apologize but the map did not come up on the email blast. Here it is: SES Map for pickup of items 2020.pdf
Please stay happy & healthy and tell your kiddos that I said hello!