Principal’s Message: Week Ending 3.17.17
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
- One last reminder that kindergarten registration is scheduled for next Thursday (March 23rd). If you have an incoming kindergartner for next school year (or know of a new family to SES), here is information on kindergarten screening sign ups: Kindergarten Signups
- A reminder that the Fox C-6 Parent Summit is Wednesday, March 29th from 6:00-8:30 at Rickman Auditorium and the Fox Campus. FHS & SHS are providing a free dinner to all parents prior to the summit. The spaghetti dinner will be hosted at FHS cafeteria from 4:45-5:30 so please stop by before attending the summit. Here is more detailed information for you regarding this event: Parent Summit - Presentations Flyer (1).pdf.
- Our Book Fair begins today and runs until the end of parent conferences (next Thursday). As always, we appreciate your support and encouragment of just how important early literacy is to your child(ren).
- If you have purchased Father/Daughter Dance tickets please remember that the dance is this Sunday at Andre's West from 1:00-3:00. Tickets for the event are being sent home today, but we will also have a list at the front of Andre's in case any happen to get misplaced over the weekend. Please note that parking for the event might be a bit challenging. We are encouraging families to carpool, if at all possible.
- We have worked on finalizing the dates of the upcoming MAP test and wanted to share them with everyone. April 24-28...5th and 6th grades will be testing; May 1-5...3rd, 4th and 5th grades will be testing. We will be sending out more information to you (if you have a child(ren) in grades 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th) as the dates draw closer.
- A few sixth grade girls have teamed up with Cardinal Glennon for "Bears for Hope." They are collecting new stuffed animals and will be donating them to the hospital. This great cause runs through next Thursday. Feel free to send your child to SES with a new stuffed animal, and these students will definitely make sure that the children's hospital receives them.
- Here is information regarding the Mother/Son event coming up in April: SES Mother Son Night (2).docx
- Our 3rd Annual Food Truck Night is Friday, April 21 from 5 PM - 7:30 PM. Each of the food trucks coming have committed to donating at least 10% of their sales back to our school. Feel free to bring a blanket or some chairs to enjoy a food truck experience with your family and friends! Here is a flier with more information: SES 3rd Annual Family Food Truck Night (1).pdf. Please share it with your friends and family!
- Thursday, March 23rd...No student attendance (AM-professional development for teachers; PM-parent/teacher conferences)
- Friday, March 24th...No school
Have a great weekend!