• 1 and 2/3 cup (210 grams) all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
• 1/4 cup light brown sugar
• 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
• 1 large egg
• 1/4 cup sour cream
• 3/4 cup milk
• 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
• 2/3 cup sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 350F (standard oven) or 325F (convection oven). Line mini muffin pan with paper liners. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter in the microwave. Whisk in the sugars vigorously getting out any brown sugar lumps - mixture will be gritty.
4. Whisk in egg, sour cream, milk, and vanilla extract until combined. Slowly mix in dry ingredients until no lumps remain. Batter will be thick.
5. Slowly stir in sprinkles, but do not overmix because the sprinkles will bleed their color.
6. Scoop batter into prepared muffin pan.
7. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool.