Atlanta Workshop Players
Winter Performing Arts Camp 2016
Dec. 27-29th 2016 STAFF HOURS 9:15am-7:30pm. Calltime 1st day 8am!
8560 Holcomb Bridge Rd., Suite 111 Alpharetta, GA 30022 770-998-8111 FAX: 770-998-0227
Email COMPLETED Form to Ashlyn@AtlantaWorkshopPlayers.com
CAMP COUNSELOR APPLICATION - Page 1
Please include a recent photo with your application.
Date of Application__________ NAME___________________________________AGE__________
GENDER______DATE OF BIRTH_________
HOME PHONE____________________WORK PHONE__________________CELL PHONE___________________
PARENT’S NAME (minors only)___________________________________
EDUCATION - Year completed 11/2015: Freshman / Sophomore / Junior / Senior (circle) High School or College
NATURE OF WORK____________________________________________________DATES_________________
DESCRIBE YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE IN THE PERFORMING ARTS (please use the back):
1. From whom did you learn of our camp program?
2. Were you a camper at AWP Performing Arts Camp? Yes____No____If yes, # of years_______
3. Are you willing to submit to random drug testing? Yes____No____If no, explain____________________________
4. Do you give AWP permission to do a background check? (Over 18 only) Yes____No____
Driver’s license #____________________State Issued____Social Security #____________________
Full Legal Name______________________________Signature____________________Date________________
5. Have you ever been treated for eating disorders, depression, drug use, etc.? Yes____No____If Yes, please explain_____________________________________________________________________________
6. Do you smoke or use any type of tobacco?_________________________________________________________
NOTE: SMOKING, TOBACCO, ALCOHOL, AND ILLEGAL DRUG USE ARE STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. IF YOU ARE A HABITUAL USER OF ANY OF THESE, PLEASE, DO NOT APPLY! BUT WE DO HOPE YOU’LL QUIT, LIVE A LONG & HEALTHY LIFE AND APPLY AGAIN LATER.
THE REAL YOU!
We’d like a chance to get to know you better. Please use the questions below as a springboard, so that we can get a better sense of how you might fit into the Atlanta Workshop Players program!
1. Why do you want to be a camp counselor/staff member?
2. What personal qualities do you have that would enable you to be an effective camp counselor/staff member?
3. What is your greatest strength?
4. What is your greatest weakness?
5. If you had a group of campers, your goals for the campers would be?
6. Are you calm during emergency situations?____Do you feel prepared to handle an emergency? Explain.
7. Describe your views on the use of tobacco, alcohol, and drugs.
8. Will you abide by the camp policy which forbids romantic contact with any camper, staff member, or other counselors during camp?
9. Have you ever been accused or convicted of any offense other than a traffic violation? Yes____No____If yes, please explain:
10. If you discovered that a fellow counselor or staff member was breaking the AWP rules, what would you do?
11. What experience have you had working with children?
12. Briefly describe your family background, interests, aims, and any experience you consider relevant to the application.
13. In one word, describe yourself:
14. Please explain your qualifications, goals, and philosophies concerning, inspiring, organizing and focusing young people.
Include any special safety skills such as CPR, Lifeguard Certification, First Aid, etc. Feel free to use the back of this sheet if needed.
If you have been a counselor previous years you are NOT required to submit a letter of recommendation. If you are a first time applicant, please submit 1 letter of recommendation with this application from an employer or performing arts teacher/director etc. Be sure they include contact information in case we have questions. Please list your reference below (not relatives) who have extensive knowledge of your abilities, experience and character.
I certify that all the information I have provided in this application is true, accurate and complete. I understand that I will be expected to abide by the policies, procedures and practices of the Atlanta Workshop Players Performing Arts Camp.