History of defense
strategy in the style of Tower Defense
with elements of City Builder
*Screenshot of map from Unity3D”
The epic saga of a family of prehistoric people through evolution and technological progress, through the mouth of continuous wars, passing into the next era.
Cheerful and colorful characters, day after day, with the help of defenses and traps protect their village from the invasion of various dangerous and cunning enemies, exploring various mechanisms to seek divine essence and confront the wild.
Genre and audience
Colorful cartoon-style graphics and fun presenting the daily life of the villagers can be attributed to family games with the age limit of five years.
The main component is a strategy in the Tower Defense style, and elements of management villagers, is the most interesting for the audience aged 13 to 28 years.
Detailed storyline with emotional moments and bloodless battles allows neglect sifting audience by gender.
- From fight to fight, developing both in quantitative and qualitative terms the village of the player which affect the way of the battle.
- It's choice of the player - to increase the size of the village, to improve the defenses of the village, or learn a new technology.
- Buildings are created not instantaneous, and take some time to complete.
- Micromanagement of the villagers during the battle to control the defense structures, repair them, a temporary improvement or movement.
- Enemies attacking villagers' defenses during the battle.
- Strengthening enemies by arms with different mechanics and tactical tricks.
- Forces of nature, divine intervention, prehistoric and mythical animals, affecting the gameplay.
- There's no defeat in a game - all characters, villagers, and enemies do not die in battle cooperation, and only leave the battlefield until the next battle.
- Atmosphere: bright, light, contrast, fun and funny.
- Setting: cartoon, slightly angular and rounded (ala WoW).
- Recognizable elements: bright yellow and green colors of the landscape, the skeletons of ancient animals, outfits and primitive tools of villagers.
Essence of the game
The player controls the village of prehistoric people in the mountainous terrain. Gradually mastering the area around the cave, creates the necessary buildings and defenses, learns new technology and reflects the enemies' attacks which seek to capture the resources of the village.
Enemies move between rocks mountainous terrain, which makes him an easy target, while leaving the villagers in relative safety. Defeated enemy leaves the village. If an enemy has come down to the cave he takes player's resources and then has to successfully carry off them outside of the village. In case enemies steal all the resources, the fight is lost and the player should start again.
Player manages the villagers, sending them to the specific objects of defense for their activation, repair or temporary improvement.
After successful completion of the buttle the player is able to make an improvement of the village or to buy a decorative building
Preconditions of creation
The game is based on the mechanics of the Tower Defense strategic style games where the player with the help of defenses attacks enemies, whom attacking the player's base.
The main games of this genre.
- Kindom Rush - cartoon Tower Defense in a fantasy setting, with the possibility of construction of guns only in certain places the map.
- Fieldrunners - diverse Tower Defense with cartoon graphics, the main feature is the massive waves of enemies.
- Cursed Treasure - fantasy Tower Defense, the main feature of which is the presence at the level of crystals, which are trying to carry off enemies.
- Epic War TD - sci-fi Tower Defense, the main feature of which is realistic graphics and special effects.
- Bloons TD - series of animated Tower Defense, with simplified graphics. The main feature is the possibility to development a large number of guns which are opened gradually during the game.
Moments are taken from these games:
- cartoon graphics;
- partial restriction of places of creation defense buildigs;
- gradual development of defense buildings;
- enemies' goal to steal player's resources;
- vivid, catchy villagers and enemies, with lots of action and emotion.
Key features of the game:
- storyline logically linking the player's and enemies’ actions;
- management of the villagers during the battle;
- defense building remain with a player in the next battle.
The game is developed with Unity3D, it's allowing to deploy the game for multiple platforms with minimal resources.
- mobile and tablets on base of iOS;
- mobile and tablets on base of Android;
- mobile and tablets on base of Windows Phone;
- social networks;
The game is distributed for free in versions for mobile devices and social networks.