- Bingo is an important part of our annual fundraising each year to keep fees lower for everyone. The 2019/2020 Bingo requirements are in addition to the Raffle requirement.
- If you are swimming short course only ( Sept 2019-April 2020) the requirement is 2 Bingo credits per swimmer
- If you are swimming short course and long course ( Sept 2019-June 2020) the requirement is 3 Bingo credits per swimmer
- If you are swimming long course only (April 2020-June 2020) the requirement is 1 Bingo credit per swimmer
- We are required to notify the bingo hall of our numbers no later than 3 days before the day of the bingo. In the event that we do not have 10 volunteers, the bingo coordinator will then send out an urgent request for volunteers. If you are able to help by filling a spot in this situation you will be given a $75.00 credit that can be used to offset swim meet fees or be applied to your next sessions fees. This does not mean you will not have to do your required Bingo for the next session. We are trying to ensure that each bingo has a full 10 volunteers. For example, if we only have nine, then we will only receive ½ of the total possible amount from the bingo.
- If you are unable to make your shift for any reason you must notify the bingo coordinator as soon as possible and make every attempt yourself to cover the shift. It is AGLC rules that the bingo cannot run without a full 10 volunteers and our failure to do so could result in the loss of all of our bingo dates. Failure to notify us could result in the cashing of your bond chq.
- The Olds Rapids Swim Club does not choose the dates or times of the bingos. We can and do request that our bingos include as many weekend days/evenings as possible but ultimately it is decided by the bingo hall in accordance with the rules set out by the AGLC board.
- This income is very important to the operation of our club and maintaining our fees at a level that make them as affordable as possible. Our expenses to run the club each month (coaches salaries and pool rental) are around $4200. This does not include any swim meet coaching fees or operational fees. A full bingo brings in about $$1000 for the club each month. Other fundraisers have been done in the past such as coffee sales, pizza sales, bottle drives etc but often with low participation and small amounts raised.
As a board we understand that it can be difficult to fulfill this commitment as none of us are exempt from it. There are some options that those having a really hard time can consider:
- Anyone over 18 can work your shift! Some restrictions apply to Casino shifts.
- See if you can find someone over 18 who would be willing to work your shift for a fee. I have talked to other groups at bingos and there are many people who will do this for $50-75.00. The board is looking into making a list of people who would be interested. If you know of anyone (college student etc) who would like their name on such a list, please let us know.
1. Volunteer Requirements
- All workers must be 18 years of age.
- Each group must have all volunteer signed in by the time indicated:
- 10:30 am for an Afternoon event
- 4:30 pm for an Evening event
- Ten (10) volunteers will be required to run a professional bingo for the afternoon and evening event
- Chairperson/Banker, Paymaster, Special Games Controller MUST be bona fide members of the group volunteering. (eg parents, grandparents, not someone paid to do your shift)
- The caller/advisor will assist with training of new to bingo workers in conjunction with the other experienced bingo volunteers.
- All volunteers must help with clean up after each bingo event
-push in chairs, clean digi screens, collect programs, clear off tables.
2. Positions for Events:
1. Banker/Chairperson (count room)
2. Paymaster (count room)
3. Special Games Controller (count room)
4. Early Bird (floor)
5. Lucky Seven (floor)
6. Houdini (floor)
7. Mini (floor)
8. Odd/Even (floor)
9. Super (floor)
10. Dual Dab (floor)
11. Wild (evening only) (floor)
3. Volunteer info:
- All volunteer must refrain from wearing hats in the hall.
- Cell phones and electronics are only to be used during a break.
- All purses and bags are to be locked in lockers (available by washrooms)
- Volunteers must hand in their Apron when leaving the floor to use the washroom, lockers or smoking area.
- Olds Rapids provides our volunteers with a concession tab. Please try to limit your order to a maximum of $10.00/volunteer.
Failure to provide the required number of volunteers for a scheduled bingo may result in Olds Rapids losing our scheduled bingos. This is a huge source of revenue for our club. If you fail to show up for a scheduled shift your bond cheque will be cashed. If you need to cancel or change your shift it is your responsibility to find a replacement. Please be aware that our volunteer behavior reflects on our club as a whole.