

June 2021

Agenda:

Owner	Topic	Action Items / Next Steps
Any	Old business	Big CNC Training: ETA? COVID relief fund update Selling old equipment?
	Start having in person Business meetings? Also provide the option for virtual?	
Matt	CNC peripherals	

Notes:

Roundtable Notes:

Attendees:

--	--	--	--	--

April 2021

Agenda:

Owner	Topic	Action Items / Next Steps
Any	Old business	Electrical work and training procedure for Metal Lathe - BENCHED Big CNC Training: ETA? COVID relief fund update
Megan	Selling old equipment Clearing out Indie lab equip CNC software 2020 taxes	Jointer, planer, vending machine? How can we do this? Also the old freezer chest Jointcam purchase key takeaways, changes that need to be made
Kent	Ramp Buy 3 rolls Ultimaker filament	OK where it is? Or make it compliant? Either way, we need help working on it. \$59 to avoid paying shipping
Catherine	Vending machine Soft Serve Room	Is there a way to make the vending machine work as a fundraiser? Akin to Art-o-Mat but hack-ish? Update/request for input/request for "finishing" funds
Dustin	Social Committee/Game Night	Let's do an online game night
Dustin	RFID Reader	Could be plugged in better (UPS is \$50)

Notes:

CNC training - working on training people to be trainers for members. ETA on when training for general members?

Covid relief fund: need to send survey still - Andi working on it

Not allowed to request donations legally should take the link down until an application is finalized. Document retention policy & conflict of interest policy need to be written.

CNC software jointcam <http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html> \$189 seems like a good deal - may need bed modifications, possible purchase in future.

Ramp status: need to reconfigure location May 30th ramp workday.

Soft serve: need \$200 - yarn storage, cutting boards and paint. John Harris moves a vote \$300 to update. **Approved(no objections) \$300 to update**

Virtual Game night in the works! revive social committee - maybe outdoor food event this summer/fundraiser/membership drive.

RFID need to be plugged in better - ron is making sign or something in meantime

Roundtable Notes:

We talked about lossa stuff.

Attendees:

catherine	ron	matt	charli	andi
john	will	kent	dustin	megan

March 2021

Agenda:

Owner	Topic	Action Items / Next Steps
Any	Old business	Action Update: Electrical work and training procedure for Metal Lathe Action Update: Board positions- needs to be done for tax/ business purposes Big CNC Training: ETA?
Any	RVASec Question	https://rvasec.com/?ref=infosec-conferences.com NOVEMBER 4-5, 2021 ##Ask Allison##

Roundtable Notes:

Attendees:

Kent	Dustin	Catherine	John	Megan
Ron				

February 2021

Agenda:

Owner	Topic	Action Items / Next Steps
-------	-------	---------------------------

Any	Old business	<p>Action Update: Electrical work and training procedure for Metal Lathe</p> <p>Action Update: Board positions</p> <p>Big CNC Training: ETA?</p> <p><i>Setup burnable wood can?</i></p> <p><i>Review purchasing plan?</i></p>
Zach	Donations	<ul style="list-style-type: none"> - Decision on allocation <ul style="list-style-type: none"> - Message to last 12 months cancelled and all current members - Offer 3 months of support - Authorize someone to make the decision → ANDI willing. - Survey Monkey <ul style="list-style-type: none"> - Email - Why are you interested - Basic Circumstances - Praxis - Dustom to create Andi@hackRVA.org* John to create message. - Target of Survey Monkey = Andi - AdrianaClinton@gmail.com - How has COVID-19 impacted your hack membership/activity. - Process for requesting support? <ul style="list-style-type: none"> - See above- SurveyMonkey - Space needs
Zach	Air Compressor	<ul style="list-style-type: none"> - Not my request, but have seen discussion on Slack channel and also aware this is something required for sand blasting. (5 cfm) <ul style="list-style-type: none"> - Consensus in support of getting compression - Plan to “free range” any compressor.

Zach	Ramp	<ul style="list-style-type: none"> - Set date in March for build and identify rain date for backup <ul style="list-style-type: none"> - Tabled for next meeting - Kent to laser it in the mean time.
	Separate note	Get staple gun / tool out of metal area for use.

Roundtable Notes:

--Just pitch ideas to get hackrats rocking and rolling.

--Megan appointed Queen of Woodshop <joking>

--Consider to add to scholarship to membership

→ Also looking for unofficial leads

--Chell suggests shelves for 3D printing:

--Badge likes idea of shelves and tables and workbenches... pitch materials list. → "Badgers" (?)

--1st Thing on Shelves... the knitting machines!

--French Cleats... Good idea for a group project.

Attendees:

January 2021

Agenda:

Owner	Topic	Action Items / Next Steps
Any	Old business	Action Update:Electrical work and training procedure for Metal Lathe Action Update: By-Laws for Board positions Action Update: Nov 4th Training procedure

		<p>meeting results</p> <p>Action: We need the tax info from Matt Balch</p> <p>Setup burnable wood can?</p> <p>Review purchasing plan?</p> <ul style="list-style-type: none"> • Get quote from Harris Electric quote for machining area (Matt) • Lathe, Mill training and procedure (?) • By laws, Emailed Micheal • Training procedure <p>Jointer ordered, back ordered till April</p>
Matt/Andi	CNC update	Matt Porr talk to Matt Blaire
	One on one tours	We need to grow memberships
Zach	Laser Orientation Video	<p>--ID anyone else willing to help create video?</p> <p>--ID starting resources (Materials Guide, Cut Power Settings, Existing Videos that are difficult to understand (Laser training))</p>
	Finances	C

Roundtable Notes:

Andi: Anonymous donor gave us \$1,900 for covid relief primarily membership for those who don't have enough to pay membership

Megan: still working on RFID access to High AMP machines, looking for help with it, we have insurance!! Keypad working

Attendees:

Andi	Chell that Belle	greyother	brokenjack	Megan
nacowafer	dfire	Zach	Landau	isthatmattporr
David Gilmore	Kent	john	Ron	

December 2020

Agenda:

Owner	Topic	Action Items / Next Steps
Any	Old business	<p>Action Update:Electrical work and training procedure for Metal Lathe</p> <p>Action Update: By-Laws for Board positions</p> <p>Action Update: Nov 4th Training procedure meeting results</p> <p>Setup burnable wood can?</p> <p>Review purchasing plan?</p> <ul style="list-style-type: none"> • Get quote from Harris Electric quote for machining area (Matt) • Lathe, Mill training and procedure (?) • By laws, Emailed Micheal • Training procedure <p>Jointer ordered, back ordered till January</p>
Matt/Andi	CNC update	<p>Progress update</p> <p>Spoil board s surfaced</p> <p>VCarve pro makerspace edition</p> <p>Recommended spare parts bundle : here</p> <p>\$249.75 approved</p>
	One on one tours	We need to grow memberships

Roundtable Notes:

November 2020

Agenda:

Owner	Topic	Action Items / Next Steps
Any	Old business	Action Update:Electrical work and training procedure for Metal Lathe Action Update: By-Laws for Board positions Action Update: Nov 4th Training procedure meeting results <i>Setup burnable wood can?</i> <i>Review purchasing plan?</i> <ul style="list-style-type: none">• Get quote from Harris Electric quote for machining area (Matt)• Lathe, Mill training and procedure (?)• By laws, Emailed Micheal• Training procedure
Matt/Andi	CNC update	Progress update <ul style="list-style-type: none">• CAM software: Fusion360 Promo invalid (autodesk's fault) License cost \$500 a year• Propose VCarvePro \$629 with 10% off promo from Avid• Maker space edition of V carve pro \$99 a year Voted: approved to purchase v carve pro maker space edition
Megan	MACS system/ jointer purchase proposal	Makerspace access control system Jointer: \$990 on sale for thanksgiving

		Approved!
Bill L (he/him)	Simply getting into the space	All I have is a brass key. Magnetic fob broke off key ring. (New Fob Issued 11/18/20 - ron)
Kent	Buy new Roomba bin	\$60. Approved
		•
	Dec meeting getting moved up a week!	Moved to December Monday the 21st

Roundtable Notes:

Chell:

JOhn Harris: thanks all!, let's be safe during the pandemic and be aware of potential lock down.
2-3 years left at the current space?

Ron:

Kent: need to onboard 4 new members, need someone to volunteer, new roomba bin

Matt:

October 2020

Agenda:

Owner	Topic	Action Items / Next Steps
Any	Old business	Remove trash from the back door, Done! Remove Gas bottles, Done! File taxes, Done! <i>Setup burnable wood can?</i> <i>Review purchasing plan?</i>
CAF	Donation of metal lathe and mill	Accepted. Action Items:

		<ul style="list-style-type: none"> • Figure out electrical, Matt Porr • Training • any other items we need
Matt	CNC update	<p>Almost ready!!</p> <p>Action Items:</p> <ul style="list-style-type: none"> •
Megan	Brief financial spreadsheet rundown	<p>review allocation amounts, make changes if needed.</p> <p>Action Items:</p> <ul style="list-style-type: none"> •
any	Board election	<p>We have board positions available</p> <p>Action Items:</p> <ul style="list-style-type: none"> • Find a copy of our by-laws
any	Training	<p>We need to update our training process</p> <p>Action Items:</p> <p>Discuss how to structure it</p> <ul style="list-style-type: none"> • Payment • Enforcement • Machine access control <p>Wed 4th November, 6 PM</p>
	Hackrat Leaderships	<p>Action Items:</p> <ul style="list-style-type: none"> • What areas? , • Monthly budget • responsibility/empowerment •
	Nov Dec meetings getting moved up a week?	<p>November 18th December 23rd</p>

Roundtable Notes:

Andi: Ramp is in progress

Chell: Bearings on the Prussa still need replacing. Linear bearings from the Prussa website?

Ron: did work on the Ultimaker

Megan: can we use the locks? Yes! Passed

Matt:

September 2020

Agenda:

Owner	Topic	Action Items / Next Steps
Matt Balch	Revive HackRATs	Identify viable HackRAT groups and choose “rat kings” for each group
Matt Balch	Budget allocations	Update allocation plan: Allocation Plan do we want to change from this? How should we handle allocations to HackRAT groups?
Matt, Andi, Zach	CNC Update	Final parts are on the way, should be running by mid Oct
Andi	Ramps	Voted Approved \$3000 for aluminum accessibility ramp
Megan	Woodshop purchases/updates on financial reports?	Action Item: Members review the purchasing plan and purchase request list on the Acquisition spreadsheet, to be

		voted on at the Oct meeting.
Kent	RFID Lock improvements	Discussed at electronics night. Max is ordering parts. Dustin is working on new code.
Hal?	Little Free Library	Monthly reminder - will be done 10/31!!!

Roundtable Notes:

Action Items:

1. Remove trash/woodscraps from outside back door
2. Review purchasing plan for future voting.

Ron: Updated Minecraft server

Matt: remove gas bottles

Hal: setup burnable wood can

Matt Balch: Taxes are in the mail

August 2020

Agenda:

Owner	Topic	Action Items / Next Steps
Megan	Insurance	Make Hack insurabler. Rework liability release. Smart fire alarm, door lock sensors, etc voted ok to spend \$200 on getting stuff fixed asap
Matt Porr	Resume regular purchasing	Review the 2020 Purchase Plan in the Acquisitions spreadsheet. HackRVA - Acquisitions
Max	IT infrastructure	Wiki went down need cloud backup probably will discuss with committee
Andi	Cnc progress	You guys are doing a great job! Still need a few volunteers for cnc build controller box arriving next week.
Andi	Accessible ramp	Andi will talk to landlord about installing a ramp. Ask the membership if anyone has a ramp guy The meeting wants to install a aluminum ramp Ron is going to angle grind the security plate so

Roundtable Notes:

June 2020

Agenda:

Owner	Topic	Action Items / Next Steps
Kent	What is broken?	Do we have parts coming for CNC and Ultimaker?
Kent	Email list of active members	We need to contact everyone that their physical key is gone.

Roundtable Notes:

Attendees:

April 2020

Agenda:

Owner	Topic	Action Items / Next Steps
Charli	Covid-19	Closed until further notice. Steps for re-opening - June 10 or later. follow CDC guidelines social distancing masks etc
Matt	Finances Feb, March	On Wiki
Charli	Gas/shop heat	Charli will call the city and close the hack account immediately. April bill (due May) is +\$400 see if they can come look at line for leaks THOROUGHLY and/or cancel service immediately/indefinitely.

Roundtable Notes:

Attendees:

hal	Matt p	charli	will	chelle
Matt B	MCloney?	Andi	laura	aaron
megan	kent	Sorry if i missed ya		

--	--	--	--	--

March 2020

Meeting cancelled due to Covid-19 Pandemic

February 2020

Agenda:

Owner	Topic	Action Items / Next Steps
Any	Old business -	Shop heat - gas is \$\$\$!!!! Open House attendance still low - need sign up sheet charli will contact jill about tour list. Little free library in progress
woodshop	CNC!!!	Should be delivered Mon 3/2 schedule build day when Matt returns (approx Mar 13) Get Vectric V-Carve License
Megan	Group project idea- 12" jointer build	Using parts from old planer - Homemade jointer project need budget and vote in March
leadership	Leadership position available!!	Hack RVA needs a Scribe and 3 board positions. Schedule board meeting instead of business meeting once a year try to get quorum for march meeting. Need secretary/chairman(scribe)
Aaron	Icecream Room	Propose using it as cnc design room.
Aaron	Purchasing Plan	Action items: member should read and we can vote March
Stephen/Rob	Vacuum form machine build	Bring proposal/budget ~\$350 to future meeting
Matt	Room utilization	Classroom, ice cream room, entryway in back, other side from project storage, hallway outside the icecream room, welding area. Finishing area, Digital Design area, Textiles area, and metalworking. Action items:announce on Slack that we want proposals for better utilizing these spaces for the March meeting.

Matt	Financial report	On the wiki

Roundtable Notes:

Max: 202 people with RFIDs 192 unique swipes - Matt will review probaly.

Attendees:

charli	matt	John h	kent	max
ron	stephen	rob	aaron	laura
will	andi			

January 2020

Agenda:

Owner	Topic	Action Items / Next Steps
Any	Old business -	Shop heat - gas is \$\$\$ no gas leaks 55 degrees and locked there. Need to keep tabs on temp setting Woodshop and new tools - Planer Dewalt \$500-\$650 and ribber for knitting machine \$330 approved both, etc proposing a new tool purchasing plan, acquisition sheet is there please use it RFID door status - key lock box new part Little free library status. - paint is happening?
woodshop	CNC!!!	240V installed, CNC ordered/shipping, shop rearranged, parking tickets happening please help enforce
Charli	Open house	Need more people to host and give tours - get

		a sign up sheet and cleanup night consolidated
Matt	Dec Finances	New Monthly Financial Report. Operations vs capital funds
-=*Ron*=-	Open House Game Center	Should We Set it Back Up? Reinstall tv and retro games (arcade cabinet has not happened.
-=*Ron*=-	FROSTFEST IS THIS SAT	FREE TESTING! Ham Radio

Roundtable Notes:

Catherine ; knitting machine workshop was awesome A+

Alan: purchasing process - consider having a place for people to voice concerns and feedback

Steve: vacuum form machine build might happen.

Paul: badge cabinet locked talk to paul about access

Joey: will look at circuits for woodshop tools and auto dust collection.

John h: game night feb 7th 7pm. Metal shop outside ice cream room possibly.

Ryan: available to help for open house

Kent: mass notification list for emergencies?

Laura: birthday donuts for Aaron

Attendees:

matt	charli	John h	joey	paul
kent	steve	ron	aaron	laura
johnv	catherine	mike	alan	

December 2019

Agenda:

Owner	Topic	Action Items / Next Steps
Any	Old business -	Shop heat - get new Thermostat buy tonight, john V will install Lights - need a couple ballasts CNC upgrade - committee got quote CNC routerparts 5x8' \$14500k budget vote passed Electrical work quotes - ~\$1000 to get 240 for CNC(included in budget for CNC) still need quote in Jan from Harris Elec. RFID door status - door closer installed - get key lock box Little free library status. - paint is happening? Financial report - budget sheets Oct and Nov done - may need to reassess capital vs expenses.
Charli	Rug Tufting Gun	~\$500 to get tools and basic setup. Vote passes
Megan	Tools	Upgrades - Combo jointer planer ~\$4000 qualifies as large purchase needs committee and savings
WoodShop	Track Saw	Condition? Warranty? Bought 3/2019 will look into soon
Woodshop	Orientation	Improve in future.
Woodshop	Pen Turning - Lathe Training	Schedule

Roundtable Notes:

Max: resin printer is being fixed new parts on the way.
 Bill: 4 first aid kits - check expiration
 Kent: request game night after new year
 Aaron: schedule CNC build day
 Laura: what do we do with old CNC? Need to discuss later
 Charli: new sawstop brakes are in

Attendees:

charli	matt	megan	kent	John v
max	andi	bill	laura	aaron

November 2019

Agenda:

Owner	Topic	Action Items / Next Steps
Any	Old business -	Shop heat - phone tag with frank CNC upgrade -schedule committee meeting for status update in January Electrical work quotes - matt will do talk to frank's guy RFID door status - workingish - get door closers. Maybe new rfid reader on horizon Little free library status. - paint is happening. Finances - working on it Events happened: Thankskilling; woodshop orientation class; open craft, open code, electronics night.
Megan	Tool upgrades	Jointer/planer, look into helical head model -need a way to make square lumber.

		Committee make a decision on what model to buy.
KentJohnV	laser rotary accessory	~\$600 attachment to do round things. Table until tool priority list - committee.
Ron	Assorted random nonsense	RATS hackRVA badge presentation; Minecraft looks OK; Black Friday Deals for the Space!?

Roundtable Notes:

Kent: industrial roomba? Sounds cool low priority

Bill: security of door with windows. Lets try to keep people honest. Trash should go out regularly.

Attendees:

matt	John h			
charli	John v			
max	ron			
katie	bill			
megan				

October 2019

Agenda:

Owner	Topic	Action Items / Next Steps
Any	Old business - New workbench doors LFL update 3D filament purchase CNC upgrade New laser computer Electrical quotes/dust collection	Paint doors saturday LFL Painting happening this month Order some tonight Done - need lightburn license Yet to happen
John V	Powder coating kit https://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-dual-voltage-powder-gun-starter-kit.html 170\$ plus need an old oven	Can use donated kiln (after electrical work) Need spray booth will have to build one Committee meeting TBD
John H/Charli	Move November board meeting due to Thanksgiving? reschedule December Mtg?	November mtg moved to 20th 7pm Decide December mtg at Nov one
Charli/Peter/Max	RFID door status	Working today. Hold it in the middle trick works. Mechanical problem do we get professional installation? Get quote - Peter will get a professional consultation and begin researching permanent solutions for a more reliable door experience.
Megan	Dust collection- Dustopper for shop vac https://www.homedepot.com/p/Dustopper-High-Efficiency-Dust-Separator-12-in-Dia-with-2-5-in-Hose-36-in-Long-HD12/302643445	Let's get duststopper tonight.
Max	Turn on the gas?	Charli will do 1600F - also lightbulbs from Frank

Roundtable Notes:

John v ; roomba isnt charging correctly move up against wall

Max: can give access to RFID list to make changes if needed; more soda!

end

Attendees

Charli	Max	Andi	Kent	Dave
Megan	John V	Hal	Peter	Mike

September 2019**Agenda:**

Owner	Topic	Action Items / Next Steps
Any	Old business	BHAG - workbench status - schedule workday Work day for finishing the bench. 10/02/2019 6:30PM Little Free Library - still need to schedule workday? 10/06/2019 2:00 Bob Ross Paint Night - 09-27-19 7:00 RSVP on meetup
Any	Prusa 3D printer status	Leah- Seems to be working perfectly with exception of clogged throat. Filament cannot reach the nozzle. Replacement parts have

		been identified but need to be purchased. I can fix it within a day of their arrival. Will order parts and filament tonight
Any/Joey	CNC upgrade - status update	Which one? Chinese model 4x8-more bells and whistles,large single piece assembly, CNC Router Parts 5x8 pro-assembly required, customizable/upgradable, lots of makerspaces have them large online community, or 22k Shopbot \$\$\$\$? next step: committee meeting 8pm Oct 17th
Matt P	August Financial Report	Spreadsheet is work in progress
Charli	Lightbulbs	Call Frank and/or buy bulbs - turn on gas inshop
John V.	Laser Computer	\$550 budget for new laser computer yay
Charli, Matt	Dust collection and breakers	Ongoing issue with the wood shop circuits being overloaded. We need better distribution and dedicated circuits. See below
Matt P	Electrical evaluation	Get a quote from a commercial electrician to get all of Hacks electrical up to code and improve our distribution. Matt will get quote.
Matt P	Drill press and other tool replacement	Grizzly G7944 - 14" Heavy-Duty Floor Drill Press. About \$600 - propose we start replacing tools regularly/monthly
Ron	Admitting Unknown Entities	Continue or Change? Standardize? Update member agreement and onboarding that there are rules for admitting unknown persons without a key
Ron	3 in 1 USB Cable for the Space?	Aliexpress Order talk about how many with Ron

Roundtable Notes:

Hal: large vinyl cutter needs vinyl order some tonight

Alan: claw machine needs location in main room on workbench

Peter: woodshop class will happen?

Kent: recycling needs a place to go. Charli will look into getting a can from city

Andi: did woodshop class great job

Attendees

Kent	johnv	matt	peter	will
andi	ron	max	alan	hal
joey				

August 2019**Agenda:**

Owner	Topic	Action Items / Next Steps
Any	Old business	Gas Meter - needs to be turned on. Charli will do before Oct BHAG - workbench status - one more work day on assembly then ploy and paint
Matt P	Finances Update	Quarterly paypal report maybe. Updated finances as of July 2019. \$8300 of CNC budget has been funded. Monthly reports will happen moving forward YAY. discussions of planning future purchases. Need to use some of the money allocated to tools and badge. Flammables cabinet from badge budget purchase to happen in Sept.
Hal	LFL next steps	Close to done need hardware/paint. Need to schedule workday check slack channel
Matt, Charli	Bathroom improvements	New commercial grade TP paper towels and soap dispensers. Maybe a lidded bin.
Peter, Cassidy	Bob Ross Night Workshop	Rough budget: \$350/10 people members only or small fee for non-members. Tentative date Sept 27
Ron	3D Printer Progress	Ultimaker and UpMini working. Filament is all inventoried on wiki and labeled with minimum print settings.

Roundtable Notes:

Max: Dustin is moving. Help relieve his hack jobs. Max is doing Open code moving forward.

Kent: need several powerstrips. Slack communication -

Joey: auto dust collect - needs better signage and/or override emergency shut-off. Switch to 5min runtime.

Ron: What can we do to help keep common space clean and taking care of tools? Training? Create accountability committee?

John V: sawstop is left on frequently. What is the solution? Training

Andi: sept 12th teaching some basic woodshop stuff. - instructables sawstop training is a good resource

Alan: need to find place to put claw machine.

Laura: boardgame nights on Fridays yay

Aaron : is minecraft still up? Yes.

Attendees

max	joey	John v		
andi	alan	aaron		
charli	cassidy	ron		
Matt p	Peter	hal		
kent	John H			

July 2019

Agenda:

Owner	Topic	Action Items / Next Steps
-------	-------	---------------------------

Any	Old business	<p>New cordless sander purchase - \$99 deal sold out, one new sander(corded) has been purchased</p> <p>Knitting machines progress - Mike made beanie hats!</p> <p>BHAG - front room cabinet progress -left to do: router edge, sand/poly, make doors</p> <p>BHAG - arcade cabinet status</p> <p>Deep freeze licences</p> <p>Temp project storage situation - Matt, Charli and others helped clean out a load of stuff to the dump - cost \$55. Please do not leave large donations or projects parked in front of electrical panel</p> <p>Treasurer transfer progress</p>
Kent	Sander	We now have a new corded sander, seems to have solved the need
Kent/John	USB Extension cable for Vinyl Cutter	Kent going to order one
Joey	Gas meter and gas hookup needs to be taken care of.	

Roundtable Notes:

Joey: Would like an update on CNC funding; sorry I haven't been around too much, will be more active.

Kent: We have several leadership positions available, please encourage folks to step up and

help out. Also encourage new members to participate in helping run the space.

Hal: Little Free Library coming along, looking fantastic! Still on pace to finish it by the end of August. Will not be able to take freezer, will work with Joey to get rid of it.

John: The lift is being painted tomorrow, so the back door will be closed tomorrow at 6am until the paint dries. Need ideas for social events, join #socialcommitte on slack.

Attendees

John	Hal	Joey	Kent	Jodi
Derek				

June 2019

Agenda:

Owner	Topic	Action Items / Next Steps
Any	Old business	BHAG Arcade cabinet status - will bleed into Q3 BHAG Front room status - schedule next work day Badge Cookout - Sun July 14 noonish-? Field Day report - ARRL 2019
Alan (and others who may want to contribute)	Knitting Machine Update	Two knitting machines installed. Need some TLC. ready to start working on them. Tech lab re-arranged as discussed. Meetups will be scheduled. Maybe need a new monitor? Maybe we need hot air work station guidelines? Alan will put a sign on it.
Kent	Purchase sander set	\$99 three different sanders and battery and charger. Approved
John V	Deep freeze for newer machines	Purchase deep freeze licenses for VR/xcarve/knitting computers. \$100 for two. We need three? Get two licenses for now. Work on identifying which computers need them and possibly purchase more next month.
Alan	Project temporary storage issues	Temp storage is becoming permanent. Emphasize and enforce parking permits. Make a trip to the dump day. Vending machine? Maybe Max is doing something? Cleanout the storage day July 3rd!!! Discuss creating a fine or pay schedule for long term storage.
John H.	Successful Hack.RVA June Events	Space Improvement, BHAG Builds, Open Houses, All Hack Training Day (Thanks Kent!), ARRL Field Day, Open Code Need events organized for July and August, please host something!
Tommy	Glass blowing at Hack?	Possible new process. Concerns: Hot works permit Policy of not making and drug any related items at Hack. Ventilation Location

Matt P	New Treasurer?	Get caught up on finances by end of August. Also changing to having an assistant treasurer.

Roundtable Notes:

Ron. Mortal Train bat. Gamify training. We need more training. Points for training people.

Paul the LED wall will be above the new work bench.

Will Caster car class, needs someone to help put it together.

Kent recycled \$10 worth of cans!

Lloyd ultimaker settings labeling? Ron is on it. If you use an odd material put back PLA?

John H. 90 second cleaning blitz!!!!

Bryan bring back lightning talks! We need a date 07/19

Hal. mid august to finish the little free library. Badge video needs to schedule interviews.

Attendees

Ron	Alan	Paul	Will	John V
Kent	Lloyd	Bryan	John H	Charli
Matt P	Tommy	Marcella	Hal	Jill

May 2019

Attendees

Ron	Hal	Jill	Charli	Dustin
Rich	Andi	John V	John H	Kent
Heather				

Agenda:

Owner	Topic	Action Items / Next Steps
	Old business	RFID door knob replaced thanks JohnV Bonfire Tshirts are excellent! How much \$ did hack get \$248.80 & a \$25 donation BHAG Arcade cabinet status - in progress BHAG Front room status - work day june 2 Lights in woodshop leaky ceiling-Charli will do
Badge person	RVA SEC badge - how'd it go?	Dustin reports that RVA Sec was awesome, and this was the best badge yet! They were popular, and everyone at the conference loved them. Cookout: TBD
Ron	Field Day 2019 June 22-23	hackRVA / RATS Duo?! Can it be done?! Field trip to field day - schedule on meetup http://www.arrl.org/field-day The 2019 ARRL PSA Possible collaboration with Qguv?

Roundtable Notes:

Dustin - RVA Sec was awesome!

Ron - [5.11 Tactical](#) as a sponsor for HackRVA?

John H - some good social events this month - May the 4th, Open Code (12 people), RVA Sec was amazing! (good exposure)

Kent - Training Day is June 9th. Remember to come and train people.

All - discussion of training

John V - [Harbour Freight solar motion light](#) for outside?

Charli - security cameras need some attention

April 2019

Attendees

Rich	John V	John H	Lloyd	Brian J
*Dustin :)	Peter	Charli	Jill	Mike
Kent	Ron	Andi	Max	David

Agenda:

Owner	Topic	Action Items / Next Steps
	Old business - security cameras, member agreements, track saw purchase, Vcarve, ventilation	<p>Thanks to Mike B and Andy for repairing the LightHydra!</p> <p>Thanks to Dustin, John V., and Charli for setting up the new security cameras! & John H for the door stickers!</p> <p>Scanned agreements & drop box</p> <p>Thanks to John H, John V, and Alan for helping improve the laser ventilation.</p> <p>Track Saw is here and works great, need to build a shelf for the tracks.</p> <p>V-Carve- still need to test the software with our setup.</p>
Charli	RFID door problems	Get a quote? New door? John vann will install new knob purchased tonight High priority

		https://www.amazon.com/Dynasty-Hardware-AUG-03-26D-Commercial-Classroom/dp/B01M0R3Y3E/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1523244286&sr=8-3&keywords=classroom%2Block&th=1
	Improvement Day schedule	Coordinate with bhag group through Q2
Andi	Poll for front room arrangement	
John	<p>Social Committee Report: Lots of successful events in the last month:</p> <p>Open Houses Game Night New Member Onboarding BHAG Cookout Celebration Badge Builds Space Improvement Days Open Craft Make A Button Hangout X-Carve Class Open Code</p> <p>Star Wars Day May 4th Space Nerds in Space Hangout May 4th</p>	<p>Thanks to everyone who helped with these!!!</p> <p>We want to do more stuff. Help plan an event! All are welcome to join the social committee.</p> <p>Join #socialcommittee on Slack</p>
Dustin	Bonfire T-Shirt Campaign	<p>It's live! Only 7 more days! They're not just pink!</p> <p>https://www.bonfire.com/hackrva-white-font/</p>
Dustin	BHAG: Arcade Cabinet Group Project Budget	Proposed: \$600 from savings - motion carried
Dustin	BHAG: Front Room Reno budget	Proposed: \$800 - motion carried
Johnathan	Shop lighting	Multiple lights in the shop are dim/out

Roundtable Notes:

Rich - concerns about who left the space unlocked, what happened with the bandsaw, and how to address these issues - Dustin and Charli will work on this.

Dustin - Let's be mindful of Badge and be sure the space is functional as we are working on improvements.

John H - Camera to use with Lightburn software - will cost \$80 - helps align things in the laser. Voted to approve.

John V - Safety Concerns - People are being unsafe. What are the consequences? How should we handle this? Three strikes you're out? A letter and a temporary ban? John will make a meeting on Slack or in person.

March 2019

Attendees

Nathan	Jonathan K	John H		
Kent	Max			
Dustin	Andi			
Jill	Matt			
John V	Charli			

Agenda:

Owner	Topic	Action Items / Next Steps
	Old business - security cameras, finance restructuring, sawstop status, laser Y-limit follow-up, BHAG meeting results	Charli will order cameras tonight - contact Rich Sawstop - cord was replaced, is working fine Charli to meet with michael about finances; working fine - a couple spare parts - hopefully hear back from sawstop

		soon,
Charli	fumes and ventilation	We are looking for someone to come up with a plan so that spray painting can take place inside. No noxious fumes are allowed inside. Things that are unsafe to breathe should not be used inside. This is not about things that smell bad.
Charli	Membership agreements	Charli will update and version agreement - annual re-signing? Leadership channel on slack to have input on changes.
	Coordinator Openings: community outreach, diversity, communications, education, open houses & more. Looking for members to lead.	Matt will work on education when he is here. Andi will help.
John/Matt	Track Saw purchase recommendation & vote. \$609.95 + Free Shipping at Toolup.com	Vote: carry
John	<p>Social Committee Report: Lots of successful events in March:</p> <p>Open Houses Badge Builds Space Improvement Days Open Craft Game Night Open Code</p>	<p>We want to do more stuff. Help plan an event! All are welcome to join the social committee.</p> <p>And join #socialcommittee on Slack Social committee meeting: 3-28-2019 630pm</p>
John	<p>Proposal: Test Vcarve software and make sure it works with our setup, if it works well, purchase a license. (\$99/yr Makerspace Edition)</p> <p>https://www.vectric.com/sites/default/files/Files/MakerspaceDocument.pdf</p> <p>This would most likely be the software we'd use to create toolpaths for a new CNC, it should also work for our 2 current CNC machines.</p>	We will test this in March and then we can evaluate if we want to pay for the Makerspace edition.
Jonathan Kelley	Organization improvement opportunity	He is offering to make recommendations to help us implement some changes to

		help Hack run more smoothly. He has experience with nonprofits. He will talk to people and propose some ideas next month
DF	BHAG - Q1	<p>The first quarter goal was to improve member onboarding. We have done that through: new member orientation, checklist, Member Sign up Station (tablet on table under TV), NameTags -- diy or lowtech paper, Member Handbook/Welcome Packet -- kicked off still in progress</p> <p>The second quarter goal may be equipment training. We would like for training to be consistent no matter who is providing the training and as good as the current laser training is.</p>

Roundtable:

Andi is pleased that we are considering an area to paint safely indoors because many people are sensitive to these things.

It should be noted that the meeting was done in less than 58 minutes.

February 2019

Attendees

Hal	John V	Ron		
Rich	John H	Catherine		
Charli	Dustin	Kent		
Jill	Chris	Mike		

Matt	David	Bill		
------	-------	------	--	--

Agenda:

Owner	Topic	Action Items / Next Steps
	Old business Security Cameras, x-Carve, woodshop, tool box, lightning talks	Order cameras, schedule another lightning talk, we need someone to head it up
John, Matt, Charli, Jill	Financial committee	<p>Proposed a plan as follows:</p> <p>Savings - \$100/month</p> <p>Facilities - \$250/month (cap \$1000)</p> <p>Consumables - \$100/month (cap \$500)</p> <p>Tools - \$350/month (no cap)</p> <p>CNC \$200/month plus 100% of "bucket dollars" over \$1050</p> <p>Workshops - Hack gets 30% from classes/workshops.</p> <p>We looked at past spending and discussed saving for the CNC.</p> <p>Move \$1000 from consumables to facilities to fix current situation.</p> <p>Move about \$2170 from tools to CNC.</p> <p>We voted in favor of this plan.</p>
Matt	Sawstop. Tracksaw?	<p>We have been having repeated issues with the Sawstop. (We made repairs starting about a month ago. Sawstop has sent parts to us to try to solve the problem. We still have issues that are unknown.) This is not members doing something wrong. A Sawstop repairman is coming to look at it tomorrow.</p> <p>Tracksaw: It is about \$600 for a Dewalt Corded Tracksaw Kit with 59" and 102" track. It is capable of many things that the Sawstop is.</p>

	Thunder laser Y-limit issues.	The Thunder Laser is crashing the Y-limit in a way that so far seems random. It has happened 3 times. Matt will make a post to the laser channel on slack to recruit someone to follow up with Thunder Laser. We need to create a maintenance log.
David	Shelving/Reference-bookshelf for main room.	David wants to clean out the corner in the main room and make a shelf to organize manuals for tools at Hack and also have some reference books available. David will bring this up again in the future when the saw is working.
	Painting, finishing, spray booth. Back door area?	No aerosol spray paint/other aerosol things should be happening inside in any part of the space. This was voted on. We need to not paint the parking lot. We do need space to paint and let things dry.
Catherine	Workshops: 3D printer maintenance; Little Free Library	Catherine would like to do a workshop to learn about vintage 3D printers and how to fix them. Catherine has 5 printers that are in various stages of functioning that can be worked on as learning tools. Catherine has contacted Chris Caswell about leading this 2-day workshop.
Dustin	Q1 BHAG -- member onboarding	<p>This is a new initiative - every quarter we have a new goal. We brainstorm and implement ideas that work toward that goal. Discussion in the #BHAG channel. This quarter we are trying to improve member onboarding.</p> <p>We need to streamline a process for adding new members. On March 9th 11 AM a committee will meet.</p>
Dustin	Convert CodingAccountability to a guest Channel -- tie it in with open code night	This was approved.
John	Social Committee Report	Lots of successful events in February:

		Open Houses Badge Builds Lightning Talks 2 Space Improvement Days All Hack Training Day X Carve Class Game Night Space Nerds in Space Play Night Open Code We want to do more stuff. All are welcome to join the social committee. And join #socialcommittee on Slack
Ron	a. Smart switch for hack rva sign b. Remote business meeting attendance? c. Power wall?	a. \$30 so we don't draw in drunks late at night. Let's do it! Approved. b. Not now c. Find a group of people who want to work on this.

Other Discussions:

Let's make a list of Tier 1 and Tier 2 tools. Tier 1 tools will be noted with contact information so that when someone goes wrong a Hack member can easily contact the company and address the issue with support. Tier 2 tools are not under warranty.

Roundtable:

Chris - was going to join temporarily, but is enjoying it!

Catherine - Knitting Machine Mania - Catherine made a page on the Wiki and set up a Wiki just for knitting machines.

Jill - relocation coming soon probably

Bill - mentioned concerns of heat in the woodshop and 3D printer maintenance

January 2019

Attendees

Jon L	Alan	Catherine	David	Kent
Jeff 2	John H	Joey	Will	Micheal
Jeff B	Bill	Jill B	Max	Hal
Charli	Mike	Matt P	Brian	John V

Andi	Shellie	Travis		
------	---------	--------	--	--

Agenda:

Owner	Topic	Action Items / Next Steps
Matt/Michael	Current budget	Shared current and recent budget, reminded everyone that they can access it on the Wiki
	Old Business	Summarized what is done and what needs to be done
Matt/Jill/John/Jeff	Creation of a committee to balance the Budget	First meeting on Tuesday February 19th at 6PM. Vote passed. Committee will meet twice before the next meeting. Slack Channel has been started called "finance committee".
Jill/Charli/Matt	General improvement Projects and progress.	Changing cleaning night to improvement day/night. Now twice a month to encourage ideas and participation.
Catherine	Space for knitting machine?	Can be located in the Tech Lab. Catherine has a table.
Jeff 2	Space for blacksmith forge(propane with tank) and anvil outside.	Jeff is willing to provide equipment, however we do not have a hot work permit. Jeff and Matt will research this further. http://www.richmondgov.com/Fire/prevHotWorksSweatingPipe.aspx
John H	Laser training curriculum	There was a meeting. A draft of the certification process has been created and will likely be ready in a week. Instructors will be able to go point-by-point through the list twice.
John H	Social committee updates	Game night on the 15th of Feb. Lightning talks happened, were about 15 minutes each. Open Code was last night. Field trips?
Joey/Matt/John	Creation of CNC committee. Day/Time?	Looking at new machines \$8-10,000 range, many things to consider

		<p>(hardware, software, etc), want it to be accessible to many members</p> <p>First Meeting: Sunday, February 10th at noon (before All Hack Training Day) (tentative, will notify on Slack if time changes) The committee will review options and make a recommendation of what to buy. The committee will also include all accessories needed and how to fund it including maintenance costs.</p>
	Board positions available.	<p>Jon L - not interested</p> <p>Jill - is interested in 3</p> <p>Laura - absent</p> <p>Quint - moved</p> <p>John V - interested in 3 years</p> <hr/> <p>Max, Michael, Kent are on for 2 more years.</p> <p>Charli is a 1 year board member.</p> <hr/> <p>Interested:</p> <p>Will</p> <p>Jeff B</p> <p>Hal</p> <p>Mike</p> <p>All 6 board members were added as a group.</p>
Dustin	2019 - BHAG initiative	Dustin is not here.
Matt/Joey	New tool box purchase, X-carve station budget, and Belt sander purchase	<p>Proposed tool purchases:</p> <p>Toolbox: ~ \$500 (larger, help with organization) VOTE PASSES</p> <p>X-Carve Station: ~\$450 includes home for computer, power management, its' own shop vac VOTE PASSES</p> <p>Belt Sander: ~\$550 (pro level) VOTE PASSES</p>
Max	Pay real estate tax / appoint president.	<p>Landlord sent message on Jan. 21st. We owe \$633.60. We can pay lump sum or monthly. We will pay it monthly.</p> <hr/> <p>The President does what a lot of</p>

		members do, and also answers lots of emails. Max appointed Charli Curtis to be the new President. A majority approved Charli and President.
--	--	---

Other: X-Carve Training on the 12th

Our current rate of tool spending is not sustainable. We know this.

List of Current Board Members and Terms:

3 Years

John V

Jill B

Will

Jeff B

Hal

Mike B

2 Years

Max

Michael (Treasurer)

Kent (Vice-President)

Matt P

John H

Dustin

Joey

1 Year

Brian Jones

Charli (President)

Roundtable:

Jon L - Badge has a lot going on because The Conference has been scheduled earlier.

Catherine - meeting of RVA Maker Ed at 10 a.m. Saturday at Collegiate

Kent - rebuild the Free Little Library - Jill may help

Jon H - Open Houses market to teachers and librarians? Also, three of us are going to The Community Foundation to learn abouts support for organizing and/or money.

Will - wants to do a Caster Car thing and is looking for support with planning the class

Jeff - Where are we at with RFID? Need permission from landlord to change access to the building. People in RFID group on Slack will move forward.

Bill - Laser ventilation concern

Travis - OWASP meeting will be held here quarterly

Brian - training day (2/10 & 3/10) will not conflict with Badge this year. Also, a live laser tag play test with 10-20 people testing the game

Joey - We need training for some small tools too, not just the big ones.

Jill - Good job with staying on task.

John V - Chemical cabinet is needed. Jon L mentioned that Badge will be getting one.

December/2018

Agenda:

Owner	Topic
Dustin	Controller for xcarve -- this tool needs to be easier to use and less error prone
Dustin	2019 - BHAG initiative
Matt Porr	Dust collection upgrade
Matt Porr	Laser ventilation improvement
Matt Porr	New space lockers/shelves
John Harris	Laser training curriculum
Joey Smith	CNC replacement budget
Joey Smith	Glass blowing interest?

Tabling CNC upgrade till later in Jan

Joey and Matt will work on laser ventilation

Matt and John will work on locker design/budget for next meeting

DVR and cameras \$400

Dust collection \$950

Shelves, osb, bins \$500

Xcarve \$500

11/28/2018

Agenda:

Owner	Topic
Max	Amendment to membership agreement. People sleeping in the space.
Jon/Max	Board member elections
Jeff	Deep freeze license for laser computer
Jeff	\$500 for maintenance on the Ultimaker: fix Z-axis wobble.
Archana	Lightning talks for showcasing your work/getting people together?
Max	Meeting for december
dustin	Feedback form

Minutes:

Old business

- John Vann will have a quote for a better NAS by the next meeting
 - Ron Nash mentioned a source of inexpensive 4TB WD RED drives. More information can be found here:
<https://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-easystore-4tb-external-usb-3-0-hard-drive-black/5792400.p?skuld=5792400>

New business

- Network rats have done research on what the best system for the space would be
- The membership voted to amend the membership agreement
 - Send an email notification to the membership
- Jeff Burdick Made a motion to spend \$50 on a new license for Deep Freeze for the Laser Computer.
 - The Vote was approved.
 - The maintenance of this machine was determined to fall under the NetworkRATS group.
- Jeff proposes a \$500 maintenance on the ultimaker to fix z axis drift
 - There is a new bed needed for the prusa. For another \$100 jeff can get that done as well.
 - \$700 was approved from consumables
- Archana wants to host demos/lightning talks at the space
 - Most people seem in favor
 - Jeff wants it open to the public
 - We don't want to have it on open house night
- December meeting moved to 1/2/19
- \$2200 approved for NAS computer. Move 2200 from savings to facilities.
- RFID team will make a plan for production implementations
 - Look at profesional systems
 - support if system goes down

10/31/2018

Attendees

Agenda:

Owner	Topic
Dustin/ Travis	Travis wants to host quarterly Owasp meetings at HackRVA
Cassiopaea	Safety officer information

Minutes:

I'm

09/26/2018

Attendees

ron n	charli c	kent d	alan f	max r
brian j	qguv	jill b	kris	

Agenda:

Owner	Topic
Max/charli	Makerfest is on October 6!
Bill S. via Quint	Solar Prize promo during open house
Max	Rfid door testing

Ron	The NAS
John V. (Ron)	NAS repairs/upgrades (see leadership channel entry by chron-job)

Minutes:

- Makerfest is soon. sign up at the space to volunteer. Bring a project to show off. We need help with soldering and the small spirograph.
- Indie labs wants to promote their entry into the solar prize during open house 9/4.
 - No one at the meeting opposed this vote
- We will be testing the rfid installation for the next month. We will encourage all members to use the side door only
- We will buy drives for the NAS and defer buying a new NAS computer until we have better understanding of the budget and answers to some technical questions regarding the setup. Technical questions will be posted in [#networkratspublic](#) on slack

08/29/2018

Attendees

Kent	Alan	Jeff	Jon L	Max
Hal	Jill	Shellie	Peter	John H
Ron	Catherine	Michael	Laura	Matt P

Agenda:

Owner	Topic
Max	Makerfest
Peter	X-carve
Max	Talks on Thursday, lecturn
Catherine	Knitting machine a-go-go are super exciting
Kent	Flyers
Catherine	Maintenance on Little Free Library
Jonathan L	Suspended Member Reinstatement
Michael	Treasurer
Max	Presidential elections

Minutes:

- Max - Makerfest budget
 - Michael- Previous budgets are \$300 - \$500
- Peter - Wants to develop a curriculum for the xcarve and fix it up to get it available for the members to use. Will lead a committee to do the same
- Max - Desires a podium.
- Catherine - \$100 budget for the hack.RVA AYAB Knitting Machine Approved.
- Kent - hack.RVA brochures horribly out of date. Pricing wrong. Location is on table under Pioneer big screen TV.
- Cathering - Little Free Library has mold and needs repair. Peter, Jill, Catherine, will work on a committee to repair it.
- Jonathan L - *Suspended Member* - Please reconsider his suspension.
 - hack.RVA members may need to be more considerate of how they treat addictive substances at the space.
 - hack.RVA may need to explicitly spell out that the result of violation of this is a permanent termination.
- Michael - Reports haven't been put out the last few months.
 - Getting tired of being treasurer. Would like to find a new one.
 - New Treasurer Recruitment
 - Tax Filings
 - Pay The Bills
 - Reimburse People
-

07/25/2018

Attendees

Jill	Catherine	Kent	Charli	Max
Ron	Jon	Shellie	Marian	Beth
John v				

Agenda:

Owner	Topic
Max	Review of Last Week's Minutes

Minutes:

Max - Review of last weeks minutes.

Max - Missing Screws from the Chairs

Charli - Paint Suit, Respirator, Brushes, Rollers, Masking Tape, Circuit Breaker, and electrical supplies, spare nozzle for paint sprayer, instruction book, and cleaning kit for paint sprayer, one spare drop cloth. All of the above items were left in the white room after Charli finished painting and they disappeared. If someone accidentally threw these items away please let us know. An apology would be greatly appreciated.

Jon - we may be able to check cameras.

Beth - Maker camp started. 11 children the first session. Is going well. Need some more volunteers for some sessions.

Beth - open craft is bringing a lot of people in. open sew this weekend. Jill and I want to do some outreach events

Jon - less meetings

Kent - its ok to take the trash out

Catherine - meeting for machine knitters guild in the morning of august 25th will be happening at the space

Jon - Morning of August 18th - pcb fab workshop

Ron - fancy introduction, we need to knock peoples pants off at open house. Put stuff on empty screens

Kent - maybe demonstrations at open house would be impressive. Have laser and 3d printers running.

Jill - doors are staying unlocked, stuff is staying on. We need to stop that

Jon - cameras have been unplugged since january. I will research new cameras to buy.

Schedule the slack bot to remind people to be good

06/27/2018

Attendees

Dustin	Jon lundquist	John vann	Hal	Max
Shellie	Bill?	Kent	Charli	Joey

Ron	Brian			

Agenda:

Owner	Topic
Jon	Less meetings/ remember to vote
Max	Leather working tools & business membership for Tandy Leather store
Dustin	Saw Dust Collection In the Wood Shop
Dustin	Tables and chairs -- white room (soon with black curtains)
Charli	Parking passes

Minutes:

- Jon - we really need less meetings. Maybe one board meeting a year
- Jon - Remember to vote on motions at the end of discussions, even if people are loud (all agree)
- Max - We can get a free discounts from Tandy Leather
- Joey - we might be able to get memberships with Office Max and Kroger
- Hal - Amazon Smile
- Dustin - motion passes for 2 more dust collectors - spend < \$500 - unanimous vote
- Dustin - motion for furnishings for the white room no more than \$1000 - unanimous vote passed -- committee meeting on Tuesday 7/3/2018
- Hal - Ice Cream Room setup for recording? Ceiling? Anyone have any input?
 - Ron - Hal provided me with a Wimu 4K to record with and I am trying to work up to recording a HackRVA commercial. There are significant challenges.
- Kent - Should we make signs to put on local polls to invite local neighborhood peeps to join HackRVA.
- Dustin - Ran ethernet wire to ice cream room with Ron and Mike Bronnenberg.
- John H - People are doing awesome cool things here at HackRVA!!!
 - Charli - What am I allowed to put on Instagram and what am I not?
- John H - Let's be conscious of being more supportive and nice.

05/30/2018

Attendees

Dustin	Shellie	Quint	John H	John V
Jon	Joey	Charli	Alan	Max
Kent	Michael	Michele	Sean	Marian
Will	Brian	Ron	Andy	

Agenda:

Owner	Topic												
Alan	co-locate a mill and metal lathe on two 4' workbenches and a tool cabinet												
Andy	drone r&d												
Charli	Makerfest 2018												
Joey	CNC 4x8 options												
Shellie	Bylaws & board												
John/Dustin/++	White Room												
Michael	Membership Drive update - increase advertising <table><tr><td>Month</td><td>Jan</td><td>Feb</td><td>Mar</td><td>Apr</td><td>May</td></tr><tr><td>Members</td><td>88</td><td>87</td><td>94</td><td>110</td><td>107</td></tr></table>	Month	Jan	Feb	Mar	Apr	May	Members	88	87	94	110	107
Month	Jan	Feb	Mar	Apr	May								
Members	88	87	94	110	107								
Jonathan L	Last week of badge (some impositions)												
Ron	Office Supplies, Icecream Room												

Minutes

Alan: Metal Lathe and Mill are co-located here. A couple of heavy duty 4 foot tables will be in soon. What is the location?

John H: The far corner was planned for metal. It may also be a better location for various other reasons.

Alan: Tables should show up at the space tomorrow.

Andy: I'm working on a project to position drones in indoor locations. I'd like to use the woodshop for part of that. I'd expect to place them during the day when there is low utilization.

VCU would probably provide some netting.

Joey: That seems reasonable since other rooms get blocked off.

John H: What kind of schedule?

Andy: A couple times a week probably.

John H: Make sure to coordinate with the other people using the space.

Shellie: It would also be cool to show it off in a few months.

Max: Notify it on Slack to make sure we get good engagement.

Charli: Makerfest application is due June 7 and I can facilitate. I'll need to know the size. Do we want to sell things? There would be a \$150 fee to sell things. There may also be a fee to pull higher electricity. Makerfest is Oct 6.

Jonathan: Conversion rate from Makerfest is very low. Should we focus more on our target demo?

Quint: This is an example of how growing may change our culture.

Shellie: We don't even know if W&M will provide boards and volunteers this year. We should consider

John H: I would bet that makerfest would be open to upgrading our booth if we decided to sell something. Children and our target membership don't have to be exclusive.

Charli: Last year, we lacked showing a lot of the cool stuff we made.

Joey: what about members donating things they've made to sell?

Brian: I agree with John's plan. Let's go with what we did last year, and if we want to upgrade then we can talk to leadership.

Joey: CNC upgrade is pointing more toward a new CNC from a manufacturer in China (STM1325-R3). Pricing is around \$7000 shipped. I know we don't have the money in the budget currently, but I'd like to crowd-fund it. Looking for approval to crowd fund and looking for members to help.

Michael: Group seems to agree that crowd-funding is a good idea. We should coordinate an advertising effort prior to launching the campaign. I'm willing to help, but let's start a discussion in the slack channel..

Shellie: Our bylaws are outdated and not really applicable to our current organization. I reached out to Nation of Makers and they pointed to an application process. Should we go for a new call for board members? A lot of boards require at least one person with skills in grant writing.

Charli: The application should also include clear commitments and requirements.

Shellie: Nation of Makes also mentions board insurance.

John H: We definitely should get D&O insurance, but the state government does limit the liability for non profits. Quorum and proxy are unstated, so again we fall back to va law, so it is allowed. As for qualifications, we should solidify those requirements. That may even open up some positions on the board. 5 spots open up in January, so it may be time to start this process now.

Shellie: The next step is to define the way forward. I can put together the application, but I need to know what those qualifications should be.

John H: We should meet with SCORE to get recommendations to move forward.

Quint: Please communicate out to the members about any changes to the bylaws.

Jonathan: Max and I can work on the SCORE meeting.

John H: Lots of successful Projects: Laser Installed (John H., Michael, John V); Venting for

Laser installed (John H., Michael, John V.); Several Paint projects (Bathroom & Doors) Charli, Work Benches: Jeff; Laser Curriculum (Michael, John V., John H.)

Jonathan: There's 1 week to the conference. We'll be in the white room basically all week.

Sorry in advance. Is there anything I can do to improve that?

Group: Accepted.

John: There seems to be consensus on the white room. Dustin has committed to helping with dividers. I'd like to get a committee and a budget together. Suggesting \$1200 to renovate that room. If budget will be exceeded, then approval would be required by board members via Slack.

Ron: The white room is the only wheelchair accessible entrance. We need to think about accessibility.

John: The divider would be on the left side and the tables can be moved, so we can accommodate.

Charli: Signage in the space would also help with promoting social media. Person in charge should be responsible for proofreading and posting (implementing a process). Meet up and facebook need to be updated.

Ron: What about having additional co-working supplies and promoting more coworking?

Group: Not much interest in coworking or fax machines.

Ron: Is there interest in HackRVA youtube videos?

Group: good idea. Get with the planning committee.

Group: Sweeps needed on door.

John Vann: colocated another gaming PC, and it's on the wikie.

Joey: CNC is also offered in single phase.

John H: Laser was installed (John H, V, and Michael). Charli has done a lot of cleaning and painting. Jeff is working on benches. Laser curriculum has started. Open Code, badge, open sew, 3d printing, t shirt. Many events.

04/25/2018

Attendees

Max	John	Dustin	Shellie	beth
Charli	Alan	Quint	Jill	
joey	will	michael	jon	kent
eli	Ron<-1LeGgEd	jeff	brian	andrew

Agenda:

Owner	Topic
Michael	Budget revisions

Michael	Membership drive
Michael	Marketing Opportunities - press releases
Michael	Laser Plan
Michael	Floor plan meeting
Michael	Immediate expansion needs (Ramp and doors and table)
Beth	Maker Camp

Accomplishments

1. Multiple successful events
2. Workbench and cabinets installed
3. Signed lease to expand to adjacent space
4. Laser arrived
5. Use of the space for Maker Camp approved
6. Smoke alarm installed
7. Smart thermostat donated and installed

Action Items

1. Shellie to update promotional fliers
2. Floor plan meeting next Wednesday
3. Jon to replace vent fan for 40 watt laser

Minutes:

John H: Social: Lots of successful events held in April, including Open Code, Badge Builds, 2600, T-Shirt Making, Open Houses, Open Craft, Sewing for Critters and monthly Clean-Up. Thanks to all who helped out with these! Busy next few weeks, check the calendar!

John H: Workbench cabinets bought and installed.

Michael: Discussed agenda items...

Beth: What about going to other places to promote? We can take flyers.

Charli: Membership rates are out of date now.

Shellie: Will update promos.

Quint: WRIR donation paid for. This gets advertising spots.

Michael: Press releases to send to media outlets.

Dustin & Jill: Could work together for a press release

Jeff: Arts Line is on WCVE and gets advertised for free. Will look into WCVE advertising.

Michael: Looking for a Marketing lead

Jeff: Will set up a marketing channel on Slack.

Brian: Marketing channel is done.

John L: We could also do a fund drive.

Michael: Floor plan meeting for next wednesday.

Ron: We could potentially use the larger, empty room for some fund raising event opportunities.

Michael: Immediate expansion building needs.

Alan: We should keep the other door locked.

Joey: Material is on hand to build a work table.

Jill: There is also mold on the back wall behind the water heater. Send to landlord.

Beth: Maker camp is July 23 - Aug 16 every other week. Sessions will be held here Tuesday evening from 6 - 8 and Thursday morning 9-11 for 4 weeks (8 sessions in total, 5 at hackrva).

There is a general information meeting on May 4 @ 6:00pm.

Beth: Are there any objections?

Group: No objections mentioned.

Shellie: Can we get a list and donation location for what will be needed?

Beth: It will be published once received from Make.

Jonathan: Badge season is halfway over. The pace is significantly picking up. We need all the volunteers we can get. All the volunteers we've had are greatly appreciated, really awesome this year. Thank you. This also brings money into the space.

Jeff: I heard there is lasering involved.

Jonathan: There are a lot of small pieces, but the new laser should be able to tear through it.

Ron: Geocaching events were fun in the past. That could be a way to find more people interested in HackRVA. What other places have people that are interested in the kind of stuff we do?

Joey: We could also just place a cache outside of the space. It's still a thing.

Jeff: It would be cool to make a puzzle and take it to Browns island or other places too.

Jonathan: There used to be a geocache on the dairy bar porch (no longer there). Another idea would be to host a Capture the Flag competition and run a paid event.

Kent: User experience hasn't heard any complaints, but if you are here then pay attention to if someone is playing music too loud, or hogging equipment, offer a gentle reminder to keep behavior consistent with our values.

Max: Broke the formlabs printer. New vats and resin tanks are on the way. We also have a vending machine. It is 10% into a project that will allow a tie into paypal. The intention will be to sell kits and stuff from it.

Quint: It could be a way to stock stuff for the space, the other way is kind of link consignment vending.

Jeff: We need a new fan on the laser. The current one is "GGGod Fucking Aweful"

Jon: There is a fan under the brake/sheer/press. It could be installed in the next couple of weeks.

Jill: Appreciate positive intents. Next week: Clean at 6:00, plan at 7:00. What is the intent for the meeting. Sharing or making plans?

Jon: People with similar plans tends to make and for consensus plans.

Charli: Let's get a channel on slack.

Jeff: There could be 2 meetings. The first to present individual ideas.

Michael: I'll put it on the calendar.

John V: New extinguisher is purchased, and smoke alarm is installed.

Joey: New smart thermostat donated. CNC is down until we get a permanent location.

Beth: We donated 30 more items, 240 in total. Both sewing machines are now in perfect working order.

Marian: A loft would be cool.

Dustin: The landlord wants to know about any new changes to the property.

04/10/2018

Attendees

John H	Jon L	Joey	Alan	Michael
Max	Mike B	Jeff B	Kent	Quint
Michele	Shellie	Beth	Jill	John V

Agenda:

Owner	Topic
John H	Expansion of physical space

Accomplishments

8. Voted in favor of expansion
9. Voted in favor of membership drive
10. Voted in favor of modified standard membership rate

Action Items

4. John H to follow up with landlord
5. Schedule marketing meeting/Form marketing group
6. Create Open House training material and schedule training sessions
7. Michael to change Open House Meetup to weekly
8. Michael to update PayPal rates and buttons on 4/19

Minutes:

Proposal

HackRVA may have an opportunity to expand to approximately 4,000 square feet. This would result in additional capabilities, as well as additional expenses. A vote was held to determine if HackRVA is in favor of expanding into additional space at a possible monthly rent of \$2,400.

Vote for expanding HackRVA:

13 members voted in favor

0 members opposed

Proposal

HackRVA will hold a membership drive from April 19 to May 31. During this time, there will be an advertised Open House every Thursday with at least 2 hosts assigned each week. John H has the volunteers documented for 4/19 (John H. & Max) and 4/26 (Jon L., Michael, & Quint).

Vote for membership drive:

15 members voted in favor

0 members opposed

Proposal

HackRVA shall change the standard membership rate to \$35 for new members starting on 4/19/2018. Existing members' dues are not changed, but would be affected by future lapses and renewals.

Vote for new rate structure

15 members voted in favor

0 members opposed

Additional Discussion

How would the lease be structured? Probably year to year. It should be structured to keep existing and add new lease, both with the same termination date.

How would this impact the water bill?

Will there be any leasehold improvements included?

Google offer grants for nonprofits that pays for adwords. We should pursue and form a marketing team. We should also look for grants on GiveRichmond.org. Jill volunteered to help write proposals. We should also be asking for scholarship grants. (ex. 10 librarian/teacher/underserved/veteran memberships).

03/28/2018

Attendees

Jeff B	John V	Dustin F	Ron N	Shellie
Jill	Beth	Brian	Max	Jon
John H	Joey	Kent	Quint	Michael
charli				

Agenda:

Owner	Topic
Coordinator/Committee reports	<ul style="list-style-type: none"> -Member Experience - Kent -Technical Infrastructure/New Media - Dustin -Finance - Michael -Safety - Johnathan -Social - John ← Ice Cream Man -Badge - Jon/Paul -Community Outreach - Beth -Diversity - vacant -Planning - Brian Jones -Communication - Charli & Andrew -Education & Learning - Joey -Membership/Recruitment/Open Houses - Eli & ??? Membership down ~15%, Feb: 93 paying members -HackRATs - Laser - Jon -HackRATs - CNC - Joey/Danny -HackRATs - 3D Printing - Jeff/Brian -HackRATs - VR & Gaming - James/Eli/ -HackRATs - Woodshop - Matt p
Continuation vote:	Thunder (thunder, thundercats, Hoooooooo!!!) laser purchase
New Business:	CNC Upgrade/Repair- Joey
proposal:	updates/upgrades for thermoplastic 3d printers - jeff
proposal:	New effort for RFID - quint/jeff
Beth	Maker Camp
John V	Fire extinguishers, dripping sink, design laptops
Ron	TV Server

Minutes:

Joey - one member had a complaint about the woodshop tools

Also he wants to contribute to the woodshop

Dustin - we have certs

Jon - the power in the tech lab is weird - 133 v

Joey - we have a high leg (some technical description)

Jon - maybe we should put some less breakable electrical stuff on that line

John V - we should have an event to finish the electrical work

John H - all directors/committee/coordinators should host 1 class per year

Jon L - badge pick and place are starting this sunday

We got a bunch of equipment in

John H - diversity should be part of our culture.

Brian - Planning committee trying to make the space more diverse

There are not many people here at the sunday open houses, john h has reverted the change

Jeff - how can we incentivize more people to show. rebrand as a demo day

Charli - we should have people sign up for a month that works for them. Try for 6 persons should sign up

3d printing demo - sunday april 15

Joey - replace the router on the cnc with a water cooled spindle motor thing

Allows mach 3 to control spindle speed

Price - \$400

Change z axis mount to a ball screw

Price - \$150

Michael - will work on contacting sawstop about the saw problem, probably a cable

Laser vote - it passes -\$8,550 - should be delivered in 3-4 weeks

Beth - maker camp - on a weekday morning

starts - summer

Price - \$150 - \$200

Volunteers - propose a need for people next month

Money approved for fire extinguishers and new UPS

3d printing update/upgrade options:

[replaceable bed kit for Prusa](#) \$200 - allows removing bed from Prusa and bending sheet to remove parts

[Ultimaker Advanced 3d printing kit](#) \$120 - comes with spare bed and other parts to print higher temperature materials, such as ABS, PC, Nylon, etc

[additional bed for Ultimaker](#) \$40 - just an extra bed

[0.8 mm nozzle for Ultimaker](#) \$114 - allows faster and stronger printing

[0.8 mm nozzle for Ultimaker support material](#) \$114 - allows faster printing of support material and hopefully less clogging; there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in support material, probably because we don't provide it, but maybe also because it has clogged

Suggested combination:

Prusa bed \$200

Ultimaker advanced kit: \$120

0.8 mm nozzle for ultimaker \$114

TOTAL: \$634

Less expensive combination:

Prusa bed kit \$200

Additional bed for ultimaker: \$40

Total: \$240

RFID:

[reader hardware](#) talks to server via HTTP; server handles user stuff; can be extended to other applications like logins, tools; we should meet regularly until this is working because it's kinda :(that we don't have this working, yet.

Jeff can implement hardware, quint can do some software work, what has the prior RFID efforts accomplished? What can we reuse? Who is willing to join us?

02/28/2018

Attendees

John V	Jon L	John H	Jill B	Sean D
Shellie L	Paul B	Charli C	Laura T	Ron Nash
Matt P	Jeff B	Max R	Beth F	Kent D
Joey S	Quint G			

Agenda:

Owner	Topic
Coordinator/Committee reports	-Member Experience - Kent -Technical Infrastructure/New Media - Dustin -Finance - Michael -Safety - Johnathan -Social - John -Badge - Jon/Paul -Community Outreach - vacant -Diversity - vacant -Planning - Brian Jones -Communication - Charli & Andrew -Education & Learning - Joey -Membership/Recruitment/Open Houses - Eli & ??? -HackRATs - Laser - Jon -HackRATs - CNC - Joey/Danny -HackRATs - 3D Printing - Jeff/Brian -HackRATs - VR & Gaming - James/Eli -HackRATs - Woodshop - Matt p
New Business:	Laser Committee - John: New Laser Proposal, vote to be held at March meeting
	Reimbursement and Instructor Payment Forms - John:
	Wiki is up, Domain payment to registrar is delinquent
Beth:	Wo-hack, Community Projects, Opencraft night
Old Business:	Coordinator openings and updates, review guidelines.
	Workbench Project - John:
Around the Room:	
End of Meeting:	Straighten up a bit for tomorrow's big open house

Social - John: Lots of events were held in February including open houses, room swap party, learn to MIG weld class, open sew and crafting for critters, badge meetings, woodshop meeting, training day, laser research meetings, 2600 meeting, and the monthly cleanup night. Thanks to everyone who helped make all these events happen.

Planning a 6 years in the Freezer party for March, with various frozen treats.

Badge - Jon: Badge update, upcoming badge build days, tech Lab upgrades and new tools.

Minutes:

Committee

Kent - we need people at the open houses, sunday open house was sparsely attended by members

Max - we need to collect money from people better. Paypal problems,

Shellie - get everyone off quickbooks

John V - I want another person to help with safety

Jon - badge build starts this weekend (3/3)

Charli - a guy might donate some computer stuff

Jon - a water leak was fixed by brian

Joey - 1 more person used the cnc. Also, some changes have occurred. Computer and homing

Jeff - we bought some new material and I want to try it. PETG

Max - new form resin. Dfire printer has an octoprint server attached

Jeff - want to hack on the prusa, i will propose at next meeting the changes i want to make

New Business

John - laser proposal - the committee decided to propose a Nova Thunder laser.

Price - \$7,750 includes everything ~Tool Budget currently \$12,000

Also propose a software called lightburn - \$80 for lifetime license

Also propose a new computer - up to \$600

John - new instructor & reimbursement forms - they are on the wiki

Beth - wohack meetup is being decommissioned

- Those people will be recruited to the hack meetup
- Open Craft night
- Want more fabric/textile tools & supplies
 - Propose \$200 - vote and pass unanimously

Beth - signs for remote hack events

Sean - cool LED sign, badge will pay for it

John - \$350 for new cabinets over new workbench - passed

Matt - propose new chairs

- \$300 for 3 new office chair - vote passed
- Sample cushioned stool < \$100 - passed

01/31/2018

Attendees

Quint Guv	Brian Jones	Jill B	Matt P	Sir Ron N
James	John H	Charli	Alan F	Jon L
Dustin F	Joey S	Laura	John V	Max R
Kent D	Matt B			

Agenda:

Owner	Topic
Coordinator/Committee reports	<ul style="list-style-type: none">-Member Experience - Kent-Technical Infrastructure/New Media - Dustin-Finance - Michael-Safety - Johnathan-Social - John-Community Outreach/Diversity - vacant-Planning - Brian Jones-Communication - Charli & Andrew-Education & Learning - Joey-Membership/Recruitment/Open Houses - Eli & ???-HackRATs - Laser - Jon-HackRATs - CNC - Joey/Danny-HackRATs - 3D Printing - Jeff/Brian-HackRATs - VR & Gaming - James/Eli-HackRATs - Woodshop - Matt p
New Business:	Major decision making at Hack/ bylaws
	Laser Upgrade
	Badge Update (Tech lab upgrades & \$2K tool expenditure meeting upcoming)
	FirstAid -- James
	Office Chairs

	Move open house to 2 Sundays a month or 1 Thurs & 1 Sun or 2 Thurs + 1 Sun?
	Chop band saw purchase
	Front door swap
	Main room re-organization
	Wiki Woes -- move to digital ocean -- DF
	2018 network plans -- DF
	Laser committee
	Spring/Summer Renovation Projects (Main Room, Porch/Outside)
	Renovation budget (rebalance or part of facilities?)
	Mill Vice -- James
Old Business:	Room swap
End of Meeting	Straighten up a bit for tomorrow's big open house

Minutes:

- Network is having problems. Hard Drives Failed. We are rebuilding with docker for faster recoveries. Contact network rats if you want to help
- We are updating the budget from the room swap. We are looking good though
- New fire extinguisher
- James is going to buy a good first aid kit
- A bunch of cool meetups happened
- Planning - room swap was good. Most engagement that i have seen at the space - Brian
- We had a very good open house on sunday - was supposed to be all hack training.
- Proposal - Have some sundays become open houses and one sunday be a members only training.
 - There is some concern about losing sunday as a free day
 - Change marketing on open houses - "come learn about our tools"
 - One sunday and one thursday for february - 2nd and 18th
- John H - maybe we should have more events on thursday
- Dustin will get charli a hack email address
- Matt B will be stepping down from the membership committee
- Lots of changes to the cnc
- More 3d printing consumables came in
- Dev version of the preform software has been installed
- Colocation document/ plan for equipment
- James is the new VR/ Gaming committee chair

- The woodshop moved
- Matt P is going to make a woodshop committee
- Joey wants more RATS recruiting
- John H - laser is the next tool to be upgraded (\$4k - \$8k)
 - We have money in the budget for one
 - A meeting in february of the laser RATS to decide what to do
 - We need more accessible software
 - Monday 2/12 at 7pm we will have a meeting
- Jon - Badge Update
 - Tech lab upgrades
 - Electronics equipment
 - Make it more accommodating to shoot boards
 - Badge meetings monday at 8. Come if you are interested
- We will gauge interest in first aid class and james will renegotiate price with his contact
- Matt P will Figure out price for 5 new office chairs and 1 stool
 - Vote for 3 \$100 office chairs
- Mattp buy a 250 metal saw
- Should we make the front door have a window?
 - Yes - unanimous vote
- We want to look into alternate pricing & sourcing options for new member storage area
 - Max laura and john talk about it
 - \$350 approved for work bench
- Vote to move \$2200 from consumables budget to facilities - passed
- James to research mill vice
 -
- Board members to be nominated
 - 3 years
 - Dustin
 - Mattp
 - John h
 - Brian Jones
 - Joey
 - 2 years
 - Charli curtis
 - 1 year
 - jon L
 - Jill
 - Laura
 - Quint
 - John V
 - We need to update the state with our board members - not true?
- Charli - space parking permits
 - Will bring to meeting next month

- Laura - Adobe creative suite consideration
- Stop interrupting people
- Jill will temporarily take over cleanup meeting
- Ron - people in wheel chairs are unable to use the restroom
 - Planning committee will take care of it
- Ron - do we want windows? Security concern?
- Jill & jon- we can be more respectful
- Jill - rules of order for ongoing meetings
- Ron - frost fest is this weekend.