UNIVERSITY AND COMMUNITY EARLY LEARNING CENTRE
8720-118 STREET EDMONTON, AB. T6G 1T5
PHONE: (780)433-0070 FAX: (780)433-8523
Fees: Full time - $1125.00/mo.
Two Days/week - $790.00/mo.
Three days/week - $940.00/mo.
Hours of Operation: 7:30 – 5:30
Age: 2.5 years minimum – 6 years
- Our staff are caring, trained professionals with a commitment to quality care.
- Our program nurtures the healthy growth of each child individually and socially.
- Our facilities at Windsor Park School provide a safe, stimulating environment in a convenient location.
- Our not-for –profit status means that your Early Learning and Care dollars go directly to the program and the staff who deliver it.
- Offers safety, security and stability for your child
- Based on the Reggio Philosophy.
- Focus on One Hundred Languages of Learning.
- Encourages your child to direct his or her own play.
- Encourages wonder, discovery and exploration.
- Fosters you child’s individuality and self-worth.
- Develops collaboration and negotiation skills.
- Develops responsibility, independence, and self-reliance.
- Prepares your child for a formal school program.
- The permanent teachers are graduates of accredited post secondary child care training programs.
- Are professionals committed to children and their quality care.
- Understand and have the skills to meet and challenge the developmental needs of your children.
- Are accredited and current in CPR and first aid.
- Value continues professional development
- Members of the Alberta Child Care Association.
- Nutritious hot lunches and snacks prepared by our staff cook.
- Weekly gym activities
- Two playgrounds and a school yard for fresh air adventures
- Community partnership with Windsor Park School, University of Alberta, Grant MacEwan University.
AND OF COURSE
- Opportunities for self expression in literature, dramatic play, music, and visual art.
- A balance of guided activities and free play time.
- Play structures, equipment and activities designed to improve co-ordination and dexterity.
- Field trips
- Special events ; Mother’s Day Tea, Father’s Day Fun, Muffin Mornings,
- Family bar-b-ques, concerts, etc.
BEING ADDED TO THE WAITLIST
- TOURS OF THE CENTRE ARE GIVEN EVERY SECOND WEDNESDAY OF THE MONTH (NO AUGUST/SEPTEMBER TOURS).
- YOU CAN ADD YOUR NAME TO OUR WAITLIST AT THIS TIME.
- YOU CAN ADD YOUR NAME TO OUR WAITLIST ANYTIME VIA MAIL BUT PLEASE NOTE WE WILL NOT GIVE DROP IN TOURS.
- THERE IS A $50.00 NON-REFUNDABLE / NO GARANTEE WAIT LIST FEE per child.*
- Priority is given to:
- University affiliated families
- Children accepted into Windsor Park Elementary School
- Order of registration
- It is up to the parents to e-mail the Centre every 6 months to update any information and to indicate continued interest. If no contact is made your registration form will be removed.
Revised December 2016