COMMUNITY LINK ABQ (CLABQ)
Board of Directors Job Description
TITLE: Board Chair
DESCRIPTION: Performs as a Board Director and guides the activities of the Board.
OBJECTIVES: To develop a nonprofit Corporation that supports the mission statement and vision of Community Link ABQ.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED: Working knowledge of leadership and management techniques, plus Board of Director Responsibilities.
SKILLS: Leadership and management. Attention to detail. Patience required when training and working with volunteers. Public speaking.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma, High School Equivalency Certificate or GED.
TIME COMMITMENT: As needed by the situation.
SUPERVISED BY: The Board of Directors.
WORKING WITH: Board Members and CLABQ Executive Director.
WORK LOCATION: At either Corporate Headquarters or one of the Action Centers.
AGE REQUIREMENTS: At least 18 years old.
BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIRED: No.
OTHER SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Development and adherence to all policies. Some travel to presentations and meetings will be necessary. The Board Director cannot be in a hosted program. Signing of a Confidentiality and Conflict of Interest form is required. A sex offender registry check will be conducted. If a person is on the registry they will not be allowed to work in the Action Center because children and vulnerable individuals are present at times.
Specific Duties: Includes, but not limited to;
- Uses personal initiative to continually improve corporate operations and the number of people helped.
- Performs in an honorable manner to bring credit to the organization. This includes abiding by all the policies, procedures and expectations published for the organization.
- Ensures that people are comfortable talking with others about faith based beliefs.
- Leads, supervises and manages corporate planning and activities.
- Develops funding sources to support corporate operations.
- Attends board meeting and corporate events.
- Is a member of the Board.
- Serves as the Chief Volunteer of the organization.
- Is a partner with the Chief Executive in achieving the organization's mission.
- Provides leadership to the Board of Directors, who sets policy and to whom the Chief Executive is accountable.
- Chairs meetings of the Board after developing the agenda with the Chief Executive.
- Encourages Board's role in strategic planning.
- Appoints the chairpersons of committees, in consultation with other Board members.
- Serves ex officio as a member of committees and attends their meetings when invited.
- Discusses issues confronting the organization with the Chief Executive.
- Helps guide and mediate Board actions with respect to organizational priorities and governance concerns.
- Reviews with the Chief Executive any issues of concern to the Board.
- Monitors financial planning and financial reports.
- Plays a leading role in fundraising activities.
- Formally evaluates the performance of the Chief Executive and informally evaluates the effectiveness of the Board members.
- Evaluates annually the performance of the organization in achieving its mission.
- Performs other responsibilities assigned by the Board.