Mediterranean Style Fried Eggs
From the Kitchen of Yolanda Caccamo Quackenbush
* 1-2 Good Quality Large Eggs for an 8 inch Frying Pan
3-4 Good Quality Large Eggs for a 10 in Frying Pan
5-6 Good Quality Large Eggs for a 12 inch Frying Pan
* Good Quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* Salt and Pepper to Season
* First you need to get your eggs at room temperature. This allows the eggs to cook evenly. Most of the time you will notice that the egg white is burned before the egg yolks are even warm! In order to avoid that, make sure your eggs are at room temperature before you start frying them. To do this I pour some warm water in a bowl and soak the refrigerated eggs in the water for about 5-8 minutes.
* Pour Olive Oil into the Frying Pan, about 1/8 of an inch deep and turn your stop top to a Medium High Heat until the Oil is Hot.
~*~ Test the Oil by lightly splashing it with some water. If it Sizzles, then you know it is ready!
* Once the Oil is Hot, turn the heat down to Medium Heat.
* Carefully crack each egg into the frying pan, without breaking the yolks.
* Sprinkle some salt and Pepper over the eggs.
* Now comes the special technique! Get a small spoon and keep spooning the hot oil on top of the egg yolks. The hot oil is going to make sure the top of the egg gets cooked.
* Once you start to see white forming over the sides and tops of the yolks, then you know they are done.
* Remove the eggs onto your dish with a Large slotted Spoon or a spatula that has holes on the bottom to drain the oil.
* Serve with some toasted Crusty Italian Bread!