What is Digital Citizenship
Watch Super Digital Citizenship
Class discussion: What is Digital Citizenship- Use Padlet to generate ideas before discussing
Create definition as a class
The Power of Words
Create a language bank of positive ways to give feedback, the language of disagreeing (in a constructive way).
Copyright and Fair use
digital footprint Lesson
- Open an incognito tab.
- Google the following people: Miss Norma, Candide Thovex, Matt Harding, Sonita Alizadeh
- look at their digital footprint (inluding social media, blog, photos, followers, following, etc.):, …
- What perception do you have of this person?
- What do you see or know that makes you say that?
- Create a poster uor infographic about your perception of the person.
- Give evidence from the source to support your thinking.
- Include at least one image and one hyperlink in your poster and cite it properly.
write a blogpost around this question:
- “What would you like people to see if they were googling you?”
- Create a mindmup showing the different branches of yourself. Personal/Social/Academic/Sports/Hobbies, etc
- Decipher positive/negative ways to highlight yourself
(This could be linked to setting their learning goals and the learner profile.)
Create a vision board as part of home learning that shows who you are now and where you believe you will be in 10 years time. With a written explanation.” to see what footprint do you think you will have in 10 years time
Assignment: Share Vision boards - Comment on 2-3 classmates. You can use the language bank of positive ways to give feedback and the language of disagreeing (in a constructive way) made in week 1.
Introduce commenting rubric?
Mindful Messaging: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHnwpKVMeK8
(Could also link to proofreading/grammar/punctuation in Writer’s Workshop)
Kid President: How to disagree
Create a reflection about your vision board
Students create a reflection about their vision board
Create reflection questions with the class .