Game for Android mobile platform
Spacewolf is an arcade style scrolling space shooter game.
- Story mode with 10 levels and boss fights
- Challenges and survival mode
- Technology tree with 15 techs to research
- 5 spaceships and a space station to build with multiple upgrades
- Artifacts to collect to complete the collection
- 20 achievements
- Device tilt or touch screen control mode
- Original Soundtrack
This application has been released on 24th of January, 2018.
It is available to download from Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hu.lightphaser.spacewolf
The followings are required in order to install and run the game:
- Android phone Kitkat 4.4, API level 19
TEST TASK TO PERFORM
The game has been released, though, it will be updated and expanded with new features and changes from time to time. If you want to test it out here are some tasks to perform.
Please try the following tasks and write me the result:
- Play the Story Mode levels for 5 - 10 minutes or longer, as you wish
- Try out both control types: device tilt and touch screen (switch between them in the settings)
- Try to research a new technologies and upgrade your spaceship
- Try to use the integrated Google Games features (sign-in, save and load game progress) from the Settings menu
- Question #1: Did the game start without any errors?
- Question #2: Is the screen sized properly? (proper aspect ratio and no offscreen graphics / buttons)
- Question #3: Did you hear the ingame music and the sound FXs during the levels?
- Question #4: After launching a level (for example the first Earth level from Story Mode) were you able to control the spaceship by tilting your device?
- Question #5: After changing the control mode to touch screen, were you able to control the spaceship by touching and moving your finger on the screen?
- Question #6: Were you able to sign-in to your Google Games account and use the services (save and load game progress, leaderboards, achievements) without any issues?
- Question #7: Did you experience any performance issues during the game?
- Question #8: Did you encounter any errors and unexpected results after sending the game into background and starting it again or by using another applications while the game was running?
- Question #9: Did you find anything that was unclear / was not easy to understand how it works in the game?
- Question #10: What type of phone did you use for the test? If you can, please, provide its manufacturer name, model type and screen size. (for example: Sony Xperia Z1, 1920 x 1080)
REPORT BUG, SEND FEEDBACK
If you have tried out the game, performed the test tasks, have found some bugs and / or would like to send your feedback you can do it by one of the following ways:
Tools that help the testing procedure:
- Users who received and activated their Promo Code got the Tester Gold option enabled. They have an extra debug menu that is accessible from the bottom-left corner of the main screen. The button is half transparent / grey colored and it provides the following useful options:
- Show Errors - it will show a dialog window with all the errors that occured since the last start. These errors can be found in the spacewolferrorstext.data debug file as well (find the file’s description below.)
- Factory reset - it is useful for resetting everything to its starting value in the game, for example to start the test of collecting the stars from the beginning, researching again the technologies that were already researched, upgrades become available again from the scratch on spaceships and so. (Don’t forget to make a cloud save before it and log out from Google Play services if you want to retain your game progress. In that case be careful not to overwrite it during testings after the factory reset have been made by signing into cloud and having the auto save feature turned on.)
- Add 1 life - you do not have to wait while the spaceships are regenerated, you may get one new spaceship instantly, their amount can’t exceed the hangar’s actual capacity
- Add 1000 stars - you do not have to grind, to repeat the levels over and over again to have more stars for trying out the researches
- GOD mode - your spaceship becomes invulnerable to any damage (you always have to turn it on after the app was started)
- Debug texts, the following information is shown:
- Device model
- Android version
- Screen size
- Debug file path
If you would like to become a tester and have these extra debug features, please, request it by writing to the developer via e-mail.
- There is one debug file that may contain useful info, this file can be found in the applications directory on your Android folder system at the following path: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/hu.lightphaser.spacewolf/files/spacewolferrorstext.data
It is a readable text file containing the error messages that occur during the usage of application. The contents of this file remain intact until the game is started again, so after a possible crash the file is still readable, it will be cleared upon next start only.
The following issues are known in the application and are under development / fix:
REWARD FOR TESTING
Your time and help is appreciated and I can offer in return the following free features (Tester Gold option) in the game:
- Unlimited spaceship life (lives can be added anytime for free until the hangar gets full)
- Unlimited in-game credit (stars can be added anytime for free)
- Option to enable GOD mode (invincible spaceship)
These features are unlocked by a Promo Code that can be obtained from the developer after a successful testing. A Promo Code can be redeemed only for a limited time (usually some weeks or months), after that it will be unusable. The options unlocked by a successful Promo Code redeem will stay in the game forever, even after a game reinstall.
After receiving a Promo Code you can redeem it by the following way:
- Launch the Google Play Store app.
- Select the Redeem menu, it will bring up a Redeem your code popup.
- Enter your Promo Code in the Enter Code field, then press the REDEEM button.
If you have found some bugs and / or have some feedback about the game, please, send them to the developer.
More applications from the developer
The following published music application is available in Google Play:
Lightphaser Loopbox is a music discovery application that plays audio snippets continuously from one artist only: Lightphaser.
It features all tracks from all 4 available releases. By pressing the play button the application starts looping randomly selected tracks, the number of loops is also randomly set.
Min. requirement: Jelly Bean 4.1.2 API level 16
Contact the developer
Please, feel free to contact me with any feedback, comments and idea proposals. Thank you for your help!
Name: Joseph Gogh