Golf Rules(TB Cup)
This is a 2-person Scramble Match Play format. 18 holes.
- Each team plays for Pinellas (Red) or Hillsborough (Blue)
- Each player should wear a shirt of their team’s designated color.
- After registration closes whichever counties have more teams signed up may be asked to play for the other county to balance the number of teams. You do not need to live in a specific county to play for that county
- Each player gets a team swag bag.
- Based on scores/handicaps one team from Pinellas plays one team from Hillsborough in a head to head match. Teams with near equivalent scores/handicaps will be matched up to play against each other
- Format: each 2-person team plays a scramble format head to head in Match Play (each team’s scramble score per hole either wins, loses or ties the hole versus the team they are playing head to head). Teams play out all 18 holes even if the match is won during the round, but winning score is recorded (ex: up 4 with 3 holes to go)
- Tee times will start at Northdale at 9am (Red tees for women, white for men).
- Teams turn in scores to scoring tent on 18th green immediately following the end of 18 holes of play (scores will be posted on LCD leaderboard). Teams are encouraged to group around the 18th green (where we will have any of the leftover keg) and cheer on their teammates as they finish.
- Teams earn 1 point for winning match ½ point for tie, and 0 points for losing match
- After all matches are completed Team Pinellas or Team Hillsborough will win the Cup based on their team points. If the two overall teams end with a tie score, match will be decided based on which team won more of the #1 Handicapped hole.
- Winning team (Pinellas or Hillsborough) will receive Tampa Bay Cup Championship glasses, hold the Cup and a champion’s photo will be taken!
- CONTEST HOLES: Long Drive on #4 and #11, Closest to the Pin on #5 and #15 (subject to change)