Building & Media Coordinator
$10.00/HOUR, ONE YEAR COMMITMENT REQUIRED (Sept 2013-June 2014)
The Kelly Ethnic Cultural Center
In support of the University of Washington goals, the Kelly Ethnic Cultural Center (ECC) promotes an inclusive and educational environment by providing programs and services which enhance the communication and exchange of multicultural perspectives and values. The ECC provides programs and a learning environment where students and student organizations collaborate, develop, and implement programs while building leadership and organizational skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Kelly Ethnic Cultural Center Building & Media Coordinator provides crucial support for the professional staff by assisting with the coordination of daily operations of the ECC facility during specified working hours. Duties include customer service support, assistance in the reservations process, basic operation of theatre facilities and the setup and teardown down of conference room furniture and equipment for programs, events and activities. The B&M Coordinator must be available to work evenings and weekends. They will also assist the professional staff with special projects for this office.
- Assisting the Operations and Facilities Program Coordinator with daily operations of the Kelly ECC facilities.
- Oversee ECC facility and coordinate activities during evening and weekend hours
- Setting up and breaking down rental spaces (conference rooms, kitchens, outdoor and common spaces) for reservations according to daily schedule(s) created by the Reservations Team.
- Oversee and enforce Equipment Check Out policies and procedures and report all equipment use to the Welcome Desk
- Oversee and assist groups with the usage of A/V equipment within the facilities
- Communication and enforcement of ECC policies, procedures, and processes
- Facility maintenance including cleaning, recycling, updating bulletin boards, clipboards and fliers and maintaining general use areas including the conference rooms, kitchens, computer lab and student lounge for clean and safe use
- Attend mandatory training sessions (including New Employee Orientation, operation trainings, health & safety trainings, etc.)
- Attend quarterly student staff meetings and as arranged by the supervisor
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor related to the operation of the office, including special projects
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Flexibility in work schedule (but not conflicting with scholastic schedules)
- Reliability: arriving to work on time and ability to work without direct supervision
- Ability to work independently
- Strong customer service orientation and professional demeanor
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail-oriented and efficiency-driven
- Ability to prioritize work load and plan an effective daily routine
- Ability to communicate effectively, written and oral
- Ability to understand and communicate policies and procedures to students and visitors
- Ability to adhere to deadlines
- Ability to lift 10-20 lbs of weight, ability to carry 5-10 lbs of weight
- Available to work evenings and weekends a must
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (word, excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Some knowledge of PC and Macintosh computers and printers
- Ability to learn facility maintenance procedures, troubleshooting skills, technical and theatre procedures and software programs
- Desire to work and learn in a multicultural environment
The Building & Media Coordinator will have the opportunity to develop critical-thinking and problem-solving skills, enhance customer service abilities and become familiar with a broad range of software programs and audiovisual equipment. This person will also be able to develop organizational, managerial, logistical and communication skills by interacting with students, staff, and faculty, and the general public in a multicultural environment.