Davis Aquatic Masters
Board Meeting – July 8, 2015
Meeting was called to order at 6:30 p.m. in the Brady Building at Civic Pool. Quorum was established.
Stu Kahn (non-voting)
Allan Crow (non-voting)
Approval of Minutes
- The minutes from the June board meetings were approved.
Allan briefly went over the Financial Director’s report report. Of note:
- There is a current balance of $214,000.
- Final numbers from the Berryessa swim are pending due to outstanding expenses, but it is estimated that there will be about a $10,000 profit to the club.
- Dave DeYoung asked about the matching funds from BDoG. Alan reported that it was about $1,000, and a total of about $9,000 profit to the club.
Coach’s report given by Stu Kahn.
- Stu reported there has been about 37 swimmers at the 6:00 PM long course workout, and about 29 swimmers at the 7:00 PM workout.
- Stu reported that after making several attempts to fix the problem, he has now requested that the city solve the problem of Civic pool getting too warm in the summer months.
- Stu reported that there are 26 new swimmers this summer each paying the standard $47/month dues.
- Rose reported that she has not yet been able to schedule time with John Mix (Finis).
- Trish will not be the 2016 meet director.
- Ken received 15-20 responses to the email he sent out regarding the volunteer effort at the Berryessa swim.
- Greg suggested the formation of a committee to evaluate the pros and cons of continuing the Berryessa swim. The board agreed that this is a good idea. Greg will head up the committee. Ken, Dave, Greg and Stu offered to be on the committee.
- Erica requested that the draft revision of the Policies and Procedures is reviewed by the board members prior to our next meeting which was rescheduled to August 5.
- Erica stated that the DAM bylaws need to be updated prior to the member meeting in December as changes to the bylaws require member approval.
- Greg reported that the City Council discussed a utility user tax at their recent meeting.
- Ken reported the bricks will hopefully be available next week and will be installed in one day.
- Byron reported that the summer barbecue is scheduled for July 18, 6:30-8:30 pm.
- Scheduled for August 5, 2015 at 6:30 p.m. Note: August meeting has been rescheduled to 8/5, the first week of August.
Meeting adjourned at 8:16 PM