MONDAY, October 23, 2017
Glenwood High School
Monday, October 23rd
- 11:06 am: All seniors report to Mr. Howard’s room to meet with an
admissions representative from Shawnee State University
- DRUG FREE THEME: Life is more colorful when you are drug free! (high school students wear gray or white)
Tuesday, October 24th
- 2:40 pm: Deadline for homecoming queen and attendant signups.
- DRUG FREE THEME: Put a cap on drugs! (wear a hat)
Wednesday, October 25th
- 2:40 pm: Teachers: Deadline for grades submission
- Seniors & their parents are encouraged to attend a financial aid meeting on Wednesday, October 25th at 6:00 pm in room 132 of New Boston Schools. Different types of financial aid and the financial aid process will be discussed by a knowledgeable staff person from Shawnee State University’s Financial Aid Department.
- DRUG FREE THEME: New Boston gives drugs the boot! (wear western wear)
Thursday, October 26th
- 11:06 am: All sophomores report to Mr. Howard’s room to meet with vo-tech
- 1:35 pm: Students will report to their homerooms. Students will be
dismissed to the Volleyball pep-rally at 1:45 pm
- 7:00 pm: Varsity Volleyball District Semi-finals @ Jackson High School vs.
Federal Hocking. Bus will leave at 5:15 pm
- DRUG FREE THEME: Drugs and I don’t mix! (wear mismatched clothing)
Friday, October 27th
- Issue report cards during advisor/advisee
- 5pm-7pm: 6th Grade Fundraising Carnival
- DRUG FREE THEME: Lei off drugs! (wear Hawaiian)
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS & UPCOMING EVENTS
- October 30th: Picture retakes-starting at 9:00 am
- October 30th: Rio Grande Representative to speak w/the following seniors in room 266 at 11:06 am: Ali Hamilton, Mary Thomas, Jaycee Carter
- Monday, October 30th: DRUG FREE THEME: Turn your back on drugs! (wear your shirt backwards)
- Tuesday, October 31st: DRUG FREE THEME: Scare drugs away! (wear your costume)
- Tuesday, October 31st: Costume judging will be directly after lunch in the gym
- Students in grades 9-11 interested in applying for credit flex (testout option or developing own independent study with a supervisory teacher) must pick application up from Mr. Scherer. Applications must be returned to Mrs. Scherer by Thursday, November 2nd.
- High School STUDENTS: You are not permitted to use the restroom in the blue/purple pod hallway.
- STUDENTS: If you are late to school for any reason, you must report to the high school office. If you do not, then you will be counted absent for the entire day.
- Jr. High Basketball open gym will start the week of September 25th (Every Tuesday & Thursday from 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
- Students in grades K-8 are not allowed to use pop machines AT ALL throughout school day. Students in grades 9-12 are ONLY allowed to use the vending machines in the cafetorium.
- 2016-2017 Yearbooks are in! See Mrs. Logan if you would like to purchase one! Cost is $40.
- STUDENTS: BREAKFAST IS OVER AT 7:45 A.M. NO FOOD IS TO BE TAKEN OUT OF THE CAFETORIUM.