Rāhiri Tribal Links - SPELLING
These jumbled words are from the text. Spell them correctly
- Rāhiri of Ngāpuhi is also connected to other North Island tribes.
- This journey occurs several traditions.
- The Bay of Plenty Mataatua tribes say Rāhiri
- The Hokianga tribes first consolidated under the tribal name Ngāi Tūpoto,
- The descendants of Māhia, Tūpoto’s brothers,
- The ancestors Auha and Whakaaria, for example,
- These eastern tribes were the first to begin using the tribal name Ngāpuhi.
- During the late 1700s and early 1800s the Ngāpuhi tribes pushed east
- Ngāti Manu, Te Kapotai, Te Uri o Rata, Ngare Raumati andNgātiwai
- Ngāpuhi also expanded southward toward Whāngārei
- where they relatedwith related tribes such as Parawhau.