Comedy Lab| Wednesdays and Sundays at 8PM in the Studio Theater
To entertain and engage audiences with hilarious, experimental and in-progress projects.
- A an ensemble ready to deliver polished, relentless and experimental comedy, with serious momentum, drive and directorial resources
- A cast with hunger for growth and desire to experiment with new formats
- Committed to rehearsing with a non-performing coach or director
- Be responsible for bringing audience and promoting your set. Aggressively market your shows via social media, emails, your own postcards, etc.
- Be able and willing to collaborate with Comedy Lab Producers productively and professionally, including accepting feedback for future Comedy Lab performances
- Show up at the theater by 7pm to check in with the host and communicate any tech needs
- Prepare for a 20 to 25 set. (Tech will look for a blackout at 22 minutes)
- Be backstage 5 minutes before your act goes on (hosts may be unable to give a warning)
- Dress to impress. Teams are encouraged to reflect their ensemble voice with a cohesive, attractive style
- Host your set with polish and take care of your audience (know how much explanation your show needs for maximum enjoyment)
- Maintain a PG-13 rating for a 8PM Wednesday night crowd (limited profanity, overly sexual content, etc.)
- Have a great time! Bring high energy! Love performing!
If a performer, director or the entire ensemble becomes disrespectful, disruptive or unproductive and are unwilling to discuss the situation with producers, we reserve the right to cancel sets
- Supports your artistic development by providing stage time (from one-off sets to month-long runs) at no cost to you and a pathway to future ImprovBoston opportunities
- Helps promote Comedy Lab to the public and our community via website, postcards, social media and internal communications
- Offers constructive, professional and productive artistic feedback through the Comedy Lab producers to returning shows and by request
SHOW FORMAT (slightly different for Sundays - 2 to 3 acts with tighter set times)
- Introduction by Producers/Hosts. First group is backstage and introduced
- Two 20-25 minute sets
- Hosts welcome us back. Third group is ready to go backstage. And have the best time!