| PO Box 20067 – Duncan BC – V9L 5H1 |
| Cell: (250) 815-0885 |
| firstname.lastname@example.org |
To obtain a position where I can develop and progress within the company. I am a very outgoing young lady who is currently a full-time student at Vancouver Island University. Enrolled in the Bachelor of Business Administration programme, I have just declared my major in Human Resources Management and Major in Management. Because of this, I am hoping to find an employer who can accommodate fluctuating availability during school terms, whilst using the skills in the industry to gain hands on experience. I am glad to say all my university courses are fully online for the next few terms due to COVID regulations, and this will not restrict my availability. I have been in various work situations, as I continually strive to apply my university development into physical environments. As I learn more and expand my knowledge, I hope to find a company that values hard work and dedication. I am confident that I will be a great addition to your team and develop my career development. I am currently employed as a manager at Home Depot, but would like to generate more revenue on the side.
Key Skills & Abilities
- Excellent multi-tasker
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ensuring proper safety protocols are followed and communicated
- On time and reliable
- Can work independently or in a group environment; excellent team player
- Customer service, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Approachable and open attitude
- Eagerly keeps up to date with ongoing product and system knowledge
- Adaptive and responsive to change
Education & Qualifications
- Present: Equine Canada Beginner Coaches License; Level 6
- Level 1: CPR & First Aid Certification (this is renewed annually)
- Home Depot Internal Training: Forklifts, Reach Truck, Ballymore Electric Ladder, and Order Picker machines.
- September 2018 - 2022 (tentative end date): Vancouver Island University – Bachelor of Business Administration; Human Resources Management Major & Management Major
Work History & Responsibilities
| Foxstone Stables/Hunt Equestrian Inc. - Duncan, BC |
| Spring 2016 – June 2017 |
Position: Capable stable hand employee at a 43-stall equine facility located in Glenora.
- Responsibilities include cleaning stalls, organizing horses’ routines, billing clients, interacting with clientele, handling all types of horses from foals to stallions.
- Training new staff on barn routines, expectations, and scheduling.
- Assist with grooming, bathing, tacking up horses, feeding, riding, and administering medications.
- Consistently providing professional, friendly and engaging service to clients and superiors.
- Keeping records in communications books regarding equine health.
- Using heavy machinery such as gators, tractors, and horse walkers.
|Cowichan Golf & Country Club - Duncan, BC|
|May 2017 – Present (laid off over winter months)/On-call |
Position: Part-time employee doing a variety of tasks around the course.
- Responsibilities included the following: cleaning members golf clubs, cleaning shops, orienting golf clubs for the next day, preparing set ups for children’s golf camps, setting up/taking down tournament equipment/signs.
- Greeting all members and public figures. During tournaments, welcoming, directing, and escorting participants.
- Working independently and as a team player; interpersonal skills
- Using equipment like golf carts, power washers, tractors, etc.
- Creating monthly work schedules for Pro and back shop staff members and ensuring all members are happy with schedule before posted
- Training/hiring new members for each new golf season.
|RAMADA - Duncan, BC|
|November 2017 – Dec 2018|
Banquet staff employee and part-time leadership role:
- Tasks including the following: Setting up for events/venues with meticulous detail and a fast-paced manner, to ensure they satisfy the client.
- Ensuring clients are happy with their room set up and oversee that everyone has a good time during the venue.
- Responsibilities like making sure the kitchen is ready for food service and ensuring that the buffets run smoothly without fault. Tear down and clean up after events, or pre-setting up for the next one by re-staging rooms during the tear down process.
- Assigned and thrived with leadership authority on many big events when the boss was away or unavailable.
|The Home Depot: Store #7272 - Duncan, BC|
Current store position: Special Services Department Supervisor
Previous store position: Flooring & Decor Specialist
- Other trained positions included: Working on front end (Cashier, Special Service Desk & Returns), Outdoor Lot Associate, Lumber & Building Materials Associate, and Order Picking & Deliveries.
- Obtained Forklift, Reach Truck, Order Pickers, & Electric Ladder Licenses to be more versatile around the store to move merchandise around, effectively pack down products, and assist customers with orders.
- Actively participates in discussing promotions and special offers to all customers, as well as ensuring the department associates are aware of upcoming promotional activities.
- Attends all in-store and outside training sessions for product knowledge, sales training, etc. as a devoted employee.
- Utilize online sales platforms, including homedepot.ca website to best assist customers and satisfy all needs.
- Provide coaching and training to motivate and support new staff members to develop and meet the needs of the business.
Summit Outdoor Services
(250) 884 8873
Ask For Leah Crawford, HRM
(250) 737 2360
Carol (Sheri-Lyn) Goddard
1 (403) 809 6782
Cowichan Golf Course: Pro