Parent Directions for Using CANVAS
- Use Google Chrome or a newly updated version of Internet Explorer to navigate to https://mcboe.instructure.com
- Click on the white writing which reads “Parent of a CANVAS user? Click Here For an Account”. If you don’t see the Madison County Schools seal, you are on the wrong Canvas site!
- Click on the “Start Participating” button.
- You will then enter CANVAS. Click on the “Account” link in the upper left hand corner of the screen. Then click on “Settings”.
***To Observe More than One Madison County Student***
Click Account - Settings - Observing - Add 2nd Student’s Information
See Next Page to Learn How to Get Email and Text Notifications!
- Under the “Ways to Contact” menu, enter an email address and a cell phone number (You can do this under “Other Contacts”. This will allow your child’s teachers to send you messages directly from CANVAS.
- Click on the “Notifications” link on the left hand side of the screen.
- Under the “Cell Number” and/or “Email Address” columns, click the “check mark” for each item you want to be notified about.
- I would recommend that all parents and students check the following: Due Date; Announcement; Grading; and Conversation Message
- To finish the registration process, check your email. Open the email titled “Confirm Registration: Canvas”. Click on the included link to finish the registration process. This process will allow you to setup a password for your account.
- When you wish to login to CANVAS again:
- Navigate to: https://mcboe.instructure.com
- Enter your email address and password.
- Once in CANVAS, use the “Courses” button to select the course you would like to explore/observe.
- If you have any questions, you can email our BHS Canvas contact at email@example.com