“SwachhBharatApp” group of apps & services are available primarily via domain & sub-domains of SwachhBharatApp.com, CleanIndia.my & UseB.in, URL’s owned by Mahek M Shah. By accessing our apps or websites, we presume that you understand that this is NOT AN OFFICIAL APP of government of India.
(The following paragraph was updated on 22nd Aug 2016, 10 Jun 2020)
This document is a notification to everyone, that these products (apps and websites) rely heavily on automation (using combination of twitter, slack, Facebook, IFTTT, Tumblr, Parse(now FB), Tweetdeck, PHP/python/google scripts, etc., technologies). These automation strategies are susceptible to taking social actions like liking, retweeting, following, etc., on user generated swachh bharat content across the spectrum of internet, some of which may be malicious and derogatory in nature. While we take a lot of precautions ourselves, we expect our good-intentioned users to notify us of such mistakes and be proactive to prevent spreading hateful & deceitful content as much as possible through our product eco-system. Youtube content available on App is purely a curated playlist - we do not own the original content nor have we partnered with anyone to create the content. They are added to the YouTube playlist after manual review that the content is safe for all audiences and doesn’t promote gambling or any other illegal activity at the date of review.
(The following paragraph was updated on 17th Oct 2016)
“Media” (comprising of any type of websites, bloggers, journalist, reporters, media agency/company/organizations) making news stories out of the above mentioned activities or our site, can request for clarification regarding stories. All individuals or agencies are requested to understand challenges of working with automation strategies, and we recommend you to publish positive content and help us in removing negative content from the ecosystem.
(The following paragraph was added on 20th Aug 2016)
We aim to be the Swachh Bharat news repository & most active smartphone based garbage reporting app of India. You can post complaints to official government social handles, but it is THE GOVERNMENT’s DUTY to fix public issues. We reserve the right to remove any or all of your complaints without notice.
(The following paragraph was added on 17 Oct 2016)
The content is heavily crowd-sourced through automated content discovery tools. Any image, video posted publically, is linked back from our posts directly. In case, you, as the original content author, wish to remove earlier shared images or videos, just make your content private, it will disappear from our website. Do let us know such that we can remove the scraps/remnants of automation for the relevant content completely.
1. You must be at least 13 years old to use the Service.
2. You may not post violent, nude, partially nude, discriminatory, unlawful, infringing, hateful, pornographic or sexually suggestive photos or other content via the Service.
3. You are responsible for any activity that occurs through your account and you agree you will not sell, transfer, license or assign your account, followers, username, or any account rights. With the exception of people or businesses that are expressly authorized to create accounts on behalf of their employers or clients, SwachhBharatApp prohibits the creation of and you agree that you will not create an account for anyone other than yourself. You also represent that all information you provide or provided to SwachhBharatApp upon registration and at all other times will be true, accurate, current and complete and you agree to update your information as necessary to maintain its truth and accuracy.
4. You agree that you will not solicit, collect or use the login credentials of other SwachhBharatApp users.
5. You are responsible for keeping your password secret and secure.
6. You must not defame, stalk, bully, abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate people or entities and you must not post private or confidential information via the Service, including, without limitation, your or any other person's credit card information, social security or alternate national identity numbers, non-public phone numbers or non-public email addresses.
7. You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You agree to comply with all laws, rules and regulations (for example, federal, state, local and provincial) applicable to your use of the Service and your Content (defined below), including but not limited to, copyright laws.
8. You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, files, information, usernames, images, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, links and other content or materials (collectively, "Content") that you view, submit, post or display on or via the Service.
9. You must not change, modify, adapt or alter the Service or change, modify or alter another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service or SwachhBharatApp.
10. You must not access SwachhBharatApp's private API by means other than those permitted by SwachhBharatApp. Use of SwachhBharatApp's API is subject to a separate set of terms available here: API Terms ("API Terms").
11. You must not create or submit unwanted email, comments, likes or other forms of commercial or harassing communications (a/k/a "spam") to any SwachhBharatApp users.
12. You must not use domain names or web URLs in your username without prior written consent from SwachhBharatApp.
13. You must not interfere or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, including by transmitting any worms, viruses, spyware, malware or any other code of a destructive or disruptive nature. You may not inject content or code or otherwise alter or interfere with the way any SwachhBharatApp page is rendered or displayed in a user's browser or device.
15. You must not create accounts with the Service through unauthorized means, including but not limited to, by using an automated device, script, bot, spider, crawler or scraper.
18. You must not indulge in character assassination of individuals or group by use of our brand, logo or content.
1. We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Service or your access to the Service for any reason, without notice, at any time, and without liability to you. You can deactivate your SwachhBharatApp account by logging into the Service and completing the form available here: FORM LINK. If we terminate your access to the Service or you use the form detailed above to deactivate your account, your photos, comments, likes, friendships, and all other private data will no longer be accessible through your account (e.g., users will not be able to navigate to your username and view your photos), but those materials and data may persist and appear within the Service (e.g., if your Content has been reshared by others).
4. We reserve the right to refuse access to the Service to anyone for any reason at any time.
5. We reserve the right to force forfeiture of any username for any reason.
7. You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the Service, whether online or offline. You agree that SwachhBharatApp is not responsible or liable for the conduct of any user. SwachhBharatApp reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users. Exercise common sense and your best judgment when interacting with others, including when you submit or post Content or any personal or other information.
8. There may be links from the Service, or from communications you receive from the Service, to third-party web sites or features. There may also be links to third-party web sites or features in images or comments within the Service. The Service also includes third-party content that we do not control, maintain or endorse. Functionality on the Service may also permit interactions between the Service and a third-party web site or feature, including applications that connect the Service or your profile on the Service with a third-party web site or feature. For example, the Service may include a feature that enables you to share Content from the Service or your Content with a third party, which may be publicly posted on that third party's service or application. Using this functionality typically requires you to login to your account on the third-party service and you do so at your own risk. SwachhBharatApp does not control any of these third-party web services or any of their content. You expressly acknowledge and agree that SwachhBharatApp is in no way responsible or liable for any such third-party services or features. YOUR CORRESPONDENCE AND BUSINESS DEALINGS WITH THIRD PARTIES FOUND THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE SOLELY BETWEEN YOU AND THE THIRD PARTY. You may choose, at your sole and absolute discretion and risk, to use applications that connect the Service or your profile on the Service with a third-party service (each, an "Application") and such Application may interact with, connect to or gather and/or pull information from and to your Service profile. By using such Applications, you acknowledge and agree to the following: (i) if you use an Application to share information, you are consenting to information about your profile on the Service being shared; (ii) your use of an Application may cause personally identifying information to be publicly disclosed and/or associated with you, even if SwachhBharatApp has not itself provided such information; and (iii) your use of an Application is at your own option and risk, and you will hold the SwachhBharatApp Parties (defined below) harmless for activity related to the Application.
9. You agree that you are responsible for all data charges you incur through use of the Service.
10. We prohibit crawling, scraping, caching or otherwise accessing any content on the Service via automated means, including but not limited to, user profiles, tweet reports and photos (except as may be the result of standard search engine protocols or technologies used by a search engine with SwachhBharatApp's express consent).
2. Some of the Service is supported by advertising revenue and may display advertisements and promotions, and you hereby agree that SwachhBharatApp may place such advertising and promotions on the Service or on, about, or in conjunction with your Content. The manner, mode and extent of such advertising and promotions are subject to change without specific notice to you.
3. You acknowledge that we may not always identify paid services, sponsored content, or commercial communications as such.
5. The Service contains content owned or licensed by SwachhBharatApp ("SwachhBharatApp Content"). SwachhBharatApp Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and, as between you and SwachhBharatApp, SwachhBharatApp owns and retains all rights in the SwachhBharatApp Content and the Service. You will not remove, alter or conceal any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the SwachhBharatApp Content and you will not reproduce, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works based on, perform, display, publish, distribute, transmit, broadcast, sell, license or otherwise exploit the SwachhBharatApp Content.
6. The SwachhBharatApp name and logo belong to Mahek M Shah, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission, except in accordance with our brand guidelines, available here: Brand Guidelines . In addition, all page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts are service marks, trademarks and/or trade dress of SwachhBharatApp, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without prior written permission from SwachhBharatApp.
7. Although it is SwachhBharatApp's intention for the Service to be available as much as possible, there will be occasions when the Service may be interrupted, including, without limitation, for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and/or equipment. Also, SwachhBharatApp reserves the right to remove any Content from the Service for any reason, without prior notice. Content removed from the Service may continue to be stored by SwachhBharatApp, including, without limitation, in order to comply with certain legal obligations, but may not be retrievable without a valid court order. Consequently, SwachhBharatApp encourages you to maintain your own backup of your Content. In other words, SwachhBharatApp is not a backup service and you agree that you will not rely on the Service for the purposes of Content backup or storage. SwachhBharatApp will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Services, or the loss of any Content. You also acknowledge that the Internet may be subject to breaches of security and that the submission of Content or other information may not be secure.
10. It is SwachhBharatApp's policy not to accept or consider content, information, ideas, suggestions or other materials other than those we have specifically requested and to which certain specific terms, conditions and requirements may apply. This is to avoid any misunderstandings if your ideas are similar to those we have developed or are developing independently. Accordingly, SwachhBharatApp does not accept unsolicited materials or ideas, and takes no responsibility for any materials or ideas so transmitted. If, despite our policy, you choose to send us content, information, ideas, suggestions, or other materials, you further agree that SwachhBharatApp is free to use any such content, information, ideas, suggestions or other materials, for any purposes whatsoever, including, without limitation, developing and marketing products and services, without any liability or payment of any kind to you.
Reporting Copyright and Other IP Violations
1. We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
2. We do not provide you with tools to help you protect your intellectual property rights.
3. If you infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
Disclaimer of Warranties
THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, SwachhBharatApp CONTENT, IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS", "AS AVAILABLE" AND "WITH ALL FAULTS" BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, NEITHER SwachhBharatApp NOR ITS PARENT COMPANY NOR ANY OF THEIR EMPLOYEES, MANAGERS, OFFICERS OR AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "SwachhBharatApp PARTIES") MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OR ENDORSEMENTS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO: (A) THE SERVICE; (B) THE SwachhBharatApp CONTENT; (C) USER CONTENT; OR (D) SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION TO SwachhBharatApp OR VIA THE SERVICE. IN ADDITION, THE SwachhBharatApp PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, CUSTOM, TRADE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, SYSTEM INTEGRATION AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS.
BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICE YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOUR ACTIVITIES ARE LAWFUL IN EVERY JURISDICTION WHERE YOU ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE.
THE SwachhBharatApp PARTIES DO NOT ENDORSE CONTENT AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY TO ANY PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE (WHETHER ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHERWISE), INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY OR OTHER CAUSE OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER BASED UPON OR RESULTING FROM ANY CONTENT.
Limitation of Liability; Waiver
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE SwachhBharatApp PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, ECONOMIC, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES) THAT ARE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO: (A) THE SERVICE; (B) THE SwachhBharatApp CONTENT; (C) USER CONTENT; (D) YOUR USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICE; (E) ANY ACTION TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH AN INVESTIGATION BY THE SwachhBharatApp PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES REGARDING YOUR OR ANY OTHER PARTY'S USE OF THE SERVICE; (F) ANY ACTION TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH COPYRIGHT OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNERS; (G) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE SERVICE'S OPERATION; OR (H) ANY DAMAGE TO ANY USER'S COMPUTER, MOBILE DEVICE, OR OTHER EQUIPMENT OR TECHNOLOGY INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGE FROM ANY SECURITY BREACH OR FROM ANY VIRUS, BUGS, TAMPERING, FRAUD, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER LINE OR NETWORK FAILURE OR ANY OTHER TECHNICAL OR OTHER MALFUNCTION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, WORK STOPPAGE, ACCURACY OF RESULTS, OR COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE OR EVEN IF THE SwachhBharatApp PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WHETHER CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY NEGLIGENCE, ACTS OF GOD, TELECOMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, OR THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF THE SERVICE). IN NO EVENT WILL THE SwachhBharatApp PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT WILL THE SwachhBharatApp PARTIES TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES OR CAUSES OR ACTION EXCEED FOURTY TWO INDIAN RUPEES (₹ 42.00).
YOU AGREE THAT IN THE EVENT YOU INCUR ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES OR INJURIES THAT ARISE OUT OF SwachhBharatApp'S ACTS OR OMISSIONS, THE DAMAGES, IF ANY, CAUSED TO YOU ARE NOT IRREPARABLE OR SUFFICIENT TO ENTITLE YOU TO AN INJUNCTION PREVENTING ANY EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEB SITE, SERVICE, PROPERTY, PRODUCT OR OTHER CONTENT OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY THE SwachhBharatApp PARTIES, AND YOU WILL HAVE NO RIGHTS TO ENJOIN OR RESTRAIN THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION, DISTRIBUTION, ADVERTISING, EXHIBITION OR EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEB SITE, PROPERTY, PRODUCT, SERVICE, OR OTHER CONTENT OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY THE SwachhBharatApp PARTIES.
BY ACCESSING THE SERVICE, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU MAY BE WAIVING RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO CLAIMS THAT ARE AT THIS TIME UNKNOWN OR UNSUSPECTED, AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH SUCH WAIVER, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND, AND HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVE BENEFITS AND ANY SIMILAR LAW OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY, WHICH PROVIDES AS FOLLOWS: "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR."
SwachhBharatApp IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES.
If the prohibition against class actions and other claims brought on behalf of third parties contained above is found to be unenforceable, then all of the preceding language in this Arbitration section will be null and void. This arbitration agreement will survive the termination of your relationship with SwachhBharatApp.
Time Limitation on Claims
You agree that any claim you may have arising out of or related to your relationship with SwachhBharatApp must be filed within one year after such claim arose; otherwise, your claim is permanently barred.
Governing Law & Venue
The information provided within the Service is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject SwachhBharatApp to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. We reserve the right to limit the availability of the Service or any portion of the Service, to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction, at any time and in our sole discretion, and to limit the quantities of any content, program, product, service or other feature that SwachhBharatApp provides.
Software related to or made available by the Service may be subject to Indian software export controls. Thus, no software from the Service may be downloaded, exported or re-exported: (a) into (or to a national or resident of) any country to which the India has embargoed goods; or (b) to anyone on the Indian Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the Indian Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. By downloading any software related to the Service, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of, any such country or on any such list.
(The following paragraph was added on 25th Aug 2016)
As of 25th August 2016, there has been no inbound revenue or commercial activity (sale of goods or in-app advertisements) through these technology products.
(The following paragraph was updated on 22nd Aug 2016)
(The following paragraph was updated on 07 Feb 2018)
(The following paragraph was updated on 05 Jan 2018)
The goods are no more being sold via online payments. The automation strategy is voluntarily managed by Antariksh Technology Ventures (OPC) pvt. Ltd. without imposition of any liability conditions. The App has been updated to comply with new Twitter Rules.
(The following paragraph was updated on 18 Jan 2018)
The data on public officers (SBM state & district coordinators, Collectors, Twitter Handles, etc) has been collected from public websites run by government of India primarily Swachh Bharat Urban websites (including older versions). The officers are often transferred and some/much of the data may be outdated. The communication / exchange between govt. Representative and you (user) is solely your responsibility. We do track device ids and will share information when request by appropriate judicial authority.
Overview of changes / Comments
Sep 28 2014
Dec 28 2014
Updated terms based on certain misuse of pictures, blocking media upload to prevent anti-XYZ postings
August 20 2016
Updating terms to counter automation related challenges of automatic liking, retweeting, tweeting, (direct) info messaging, etc via api’s and other automation services/flows.
August 22 2016
August 25 2016
Declaring that no inbound revenue has happened from May 2014 to 25 Aug 2016 into SwachhBharatApp, Automation and management moved to Antariksh Technology Ventures (OPC) Pvt Ltd
August 26 2016
[Comment] Google Ads integration into news domain
August 27 2016
[Comment] Store set-up and application for invoicing to sell merchandise
Sep 8 2016
Retweeting and sharing rights updated
Sep 13 2016
Paragraph of goods sold through our store
Oct 17 2016
Media Paragraph updated
05 Jan 2018
Goods, Automation clause and compliance with new twitter rules
13 Jan 2018
Important information on officer’s data from Govt websites
07 Feb 2018
Updated Shipping, Refunds page to add Razorpay integration