Whole Wheat and Honey Pumpkin Muffins
From the Kitchen of: Yolanda Caccamo Quackenbush
Ingredients: Makes 12 Muffins
- 3/4 cup of Libby's Canned Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup of Vegetable or Canola Oil (you can substitute for applesauce as a healthier alternative)
- 1/4 cup of Honey
- 1/2 Cup of Packed Domino Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups of Whole Wheat Flour (I use King Arthur)
- 1 tsp. of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3/4 tsp. of Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. of Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. of Salt
- Milk Chocolate Chips (Optional)
- Pre-Heat the Oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Line a Muffin Pan with Muffin Liners
- In a Large Bowl whisk together the Pumpkin Puree, Eggs, Brown Sugar, Oil, and Honey until blended.
- In a Smaller Bowl, whisk together the Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Pumpkin Pie Spice, and Salt.
- Add the Dry Mixture to the Large Bowl of Wet Ingredients and mix until all the ingredients are blended together.
- At this point you can toss in some Chocolate Chips if you wish or you can do what I did and made half without Chocolate Chips and Half with them.
- Scoop even amounts of the mixture into each Muffin Cup.
- Bake for 20 minutes