BAUGO EXTENDED CARE
The following is information concerning the Baugo Extended Care program.
Please contact Melinda Folkers at 574-612-0740 or firstname.lastname@example.org
with concerns or additional questions.
- Parent or Guardian must register each child by completing a registration form and paying $20.00 registration fee.
- Emergency phone numbers and pick up information must be supplied at that time. It is the parent’s responsibility to update any information throughout the school year.
- Parents will only need to register once during the school year. If a child is withdrawn from the program and returns you will be asked to update the file at that time.
- Any previous balance must be paid in full before registering.
DROP OFF / PICK UP:
- Children must be accompanied to the BEC room in the morning and checked in, if your child is afternoon only they will be checked in by our staff when they arrive at the BEC room. Your student must be checked out in the evening by the adult that picks them up. Children will be checked in or checked out using a four digit code, provided by brightwheel.
- Children will only be released and checked out to individuals that are designated on the registration.
- If you want your child released to someone other than who is listed on the registration you must notify the BEC staff in writing. They must also have the check out code.
- Children must be picked up before 6:00 P.M... A late fee of $10.00 per child for every 15 minutes will be assessed. If you are late picking up your child more than three times, you may be asked to withdraw your child from the program.
- Our staff will make every attempt to contact someone on the list if you do not pick your child up on time. If the child is still in our care by 7:00 P.M. authorities will be contacted.
HOURS AND DAYS OF OPERATION:
- Hours of operation are 6:00 A.M. – 8:30 A.M. and 3:00 P.M. – 6:00 P.M.
- We will not be in session on scheduled school days off. Check your school calendar for those days. The entire week’s tuition will be due. The only exception to this will be Thanksgiving/fall, Christmas/winter and spring breaks.
- If there is a school delay we will not be available for the A.M. session but will be there for the P.M. session. The entire week’s tuition will be due.
- If there is a school closing we will not be available for that day. The entire week’s tuition will be due.
- Parents/Guardians are responsible for medical insurance coverage. We do not provide insurance coverage for injuries to your child during the time they are participating in our program.
- The BEC program will not operate when the school is under a delay for the start of school, dismisses early or when school is canceled.
- In the event of an emergency closing while school is in session, the school is responsible for the students currently in their care.
TUITION AND FEES:
- Registration/supply fee is due at time of registration and again upon return from winter break for the second semester. The fee is $20.00 per semester, per child, and is non-refundable.
- Tuition is due the first day of school for that week and thereafter on every Friday for the following week. A $10.00 late fee will be assessed if payment is not received by that following Wednesday.
- Normal weekly tuition will continue to be due until notified of a prolonged absence or withdrawal from the program.
- If your child is enrolled as AM or PM only but needs to attend during a time that they are not enrolled, they may do so for an additional fee of $5. Please let the staff know ahead of time.
- Tuition is due for the entire week regardless of the number of days your child attends. The only exception to this is spring break, Thanksgiving break, and Christmas/winter break. You will not pay tuition for those weeks.
- You may pay in person by cash, check, money order, or credit card. You may also pay over the internet via PayPal or through brightwheel.
- Credit card payments will include a 3.5% convenience fee.
- PayPal payments can be made to email@example.com directly from your Bank or PayPal account. Please choose the friends and family option to help our program avoid additional fees. Using a credit card through PayPal will include a 3.5% convenience fee.
- Brightwheel payments are made through e-mail invoices sent from brightwheel. Please use your bank account information to help our program avoid additional fees.
- Checks should be made payable to BEC or Baugo Extended Care. A fee of $20.00 will be assessed for returned checks.
- If your child is absent from school or picked up early please let the school and BEC staff know that he will not be attending the after school program. Communication is the key to making sure your child is safe.
- Due to expenses incurred by the program we ask that you pay the full week's tuition, even if your child is absent from school.
- If a child has continuous discipline problems the parent will be notified and a conference will be scheduled. If the problems persist they will be asked to withdraw from the program.
- Aggressive physical contact with another student or staff is reason for immediate dismissal from the program.
- All school policies and procedures will apply.
- Our goal is prevention and positive approaches to handling disruptive behavior. Our staff will do their best to work through minor problems that may occur. Please feel free to contact any staff, or myself with concerns or suggestions on effective discipline for your child.
- School breakfast and lunch are available through the school system. It is the parent’s/guardian's responsibility to pay for breakfast and lunch.
- Snacks are provided during the afternoon session.
- All children will receive the same snack, with the exception of food allergies. Your child may bring their own snack from home.
- BEC is located in the Intermediate School cafeteria. Drop off and pickup is at Door A5. We have a white doorbell stand outside those doors.
- Basic first aid supplies are available and all BEC employees have been trained in first aid, CPR and will follow Universal Precautions.
- Parents/Guardians will be called if the child needs emergency care. In the event the parent/guardian is unavailable, the next person on the emergency card will be notified.
- In the event of an extreme emergency, the child will be taken by ambulance to the nearest emergency room and parents/guardians notified.
- It is the intent of this program to take all necessary precautions to prevent accidents or injuries. However, by signing this handbook, you agree that you will not hold Baugo Extended Care or any of its employees liable for injuries that may occur.
GOAL / PURPOSE:
- The goal of the BEC program is to provide a safe, enriched, fun, and exciting environment for your child to grow and learn in.
- The purpose of the BEC program is to provide the children and their parents/guardians with a safe, nurturing alternative for before and after school care.