Mill End, Northleach, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL54 3HJ
Registered Charity No. 1015852
Non Collection of Children Policy
Statement of Intent
In the event that a child is not collected by an authorised adult at the end of a session/day, the setting puts into practice agreed procedures. These ensure the child is cared for safely by an experienced and qualified practitioner who is known to the child.
In the event that a child is not collected by an authorised adult, we will ensure that the child receives a high standard of care in order to cause as little distress as possible. We inform parents/carers of our procedures so that, if they are unavoidably delayed, they will be reassured that their children will be properly cared for.
· Parents/carers of children starting at the setting are asked to provide specific information which is recorded on our Registration Form, including:-
- Home address and telephone number - if the parents/carers do not have a telephone, an alternative number must be given, perhaps a neighbour or close relative.
- Place of work, address and telephone number. (if applicable)
- Mobile telephone number. (if applicable)
- Names and telephone numbers of adults who are authorised by the parents/carers to collect their child from the setting, for example a child-minder or grandparent.
- Information about any person who does not have legal access to the child.
- Who has parental responsibility for the child.
· On occasions when parents/carers are aware that they will not be at home or in their usual place of work, alternative contact details should be provided.
· On occasions when parents/carers or the persons normally authorised to collect the child are not able to collect the child, we record the name and telephone number of the person who will be collecting their child in our signing in sheet. A password would then be allocated to the parent/carer to pass on to the person collecting the child. This will then be asked by staff at collection.
· Parents/carers are informed that if they are not able to collect the child as planned, they must inform us so that we can begin to take back-up procedures. We provide parents with our contact telephone number. We also inform parents that in the event that their children are not collected from setting by an authorised adult and the staff can no longer supervise the child on our premises we apply our child protection procedures as set out below.
· If a child is not collected at the end of the session/day, we follow the following procedures:-
- The Signing-In sheet is checked for any information about changes to the normal collection routines.
- If no information is available, parents/carers are contacted at home, at work or by mobile phone.
- If this is unsuccessful, the adults who are authorised by the parents to collect their child from the setting - and whose telephone numbers are recorded on the Registration Form - are contacted.
- All reasonable attempts are made to contact the parents or nominated carers.
- The child does not leave the premises with anyone other than those named on the Registration Form and in the signing-in sheet.
- If no one collects the child within one hour and there is no-one who can be contacted to collect the child, we apply the procedures for non-collected children.
- We contact our local authority social services department.
The Old School,
47 Lewis Lane,
Telephone: 01285 881000
- The child stays at setting in the care of two fully-vetted workers/committee members until the child is safely collected either by the parents or by a social worker.
- Under no circumstances are staff to go to look for the parent, nor do they take the child home with them.
- A full written report of the incident is recorded in the child's file.
- Depending on circumstances, we reserve the right to charge parents for the additional hours worked by our staff.
- Ofsted may be informed.
Telephone: 0300 123 1231
- Our local PATA office/Pre-school Development Worker may be informed. PATA (UK) Registered Office:
The PATA Centre,
Gloucester, GL4 0DJ Telephone: 01452 541244
Signed on behalf of the Management Committee _____________________
Role of signatory (e.g. chairperson etc.) _____________________