Cherub Choir Director
PURPOSE: The Cherub Choir Director is responsible to director the Cherub Choir members which are in grades Kindergarten - 3. The choir rehearses and performs from early September to late May.
HOURS: The Cherub Choir Director position is a part-time position, of approximately 2-3 hours per week. (Lead weekly 45-minutes choir rehearsals, Lead the choir when they sing during 10:30 AM Sunday morning church services once a month , attend monthly Music Committee meetings and other special worship services and events as requested)
COMPENSATION: $38.00 per hour, average of 5 hours monthly for 9 months ( Approximately $900.00 September-May) based on the candidate’s experience and training.
SAFE CHURCH TRAINING: As part of our church’s commitment to the best practices for the care and safety of all children, a background check is required and Safe Church Training is provided.
- Accompany children on the piano during rehearsals
- Select age-appropriate music and maintain music files
- Lead weekly 45-minutes choir rehearsals on Wednesday evenings from 6:15 to 7:00 p.m
- Lead the choir when they sing during 10:30 AM Sunday morning church services once a month
- Attend monthly Music Committee meetings (Wednesday evenings at 8:30 PM or Sundays 11:30 AM) .
- Facilitate faith formation through group prayer, devotionals, discussion of song lyrics.
- Other duties as assigned
- A faith-filled person who is passionate about spiritual formation for all ages, with a particular calling to work with children and youth.
- A self-starter with strong leadership skills and the ability to organize and prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
- A person with strong verbal, written, interpersonal skills, who has the ability to communicate with and inspire the other members of our excellent team of volunteers and staff.
- A natural teacher with a loving heart, compassionate spirit and a really good sense of humor because we want this to be fun.
- A person with Musical skills in singing, teaching, and basic piano
- A person with the ability to lead children in brief devotions and prayer.
Email your resume and cover letter to Rev. Dr. Lillian Daniel, Senior Pastor firstname.lastname@example.org