One Classy Dish Recipe
WINTER SQUASH BREAKFAST HASH
1. Coat squash with a little olive oil & sprinkle with salt. Bake in a foil lined pan for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
2. In a bowl mix together ground turkey & the 5 following spices until they are well combined.
3. In a oiled non stick pan or on a flat grill pan brown turkey sausage meat until fully cooked. 2-3 minutes on each side. As it cooks use a spatula to break down the meat into pieces.
4. Dice onions, apples, & bell peppers. In a lightly oiled non stick skillet saute the onions & bell pepper for 2-3 minutes. Then add the apples & continue to saute for about 5 minutes or until the apples start getting soft.
5. Add the turkey sausage & combine all the ingredients. When squash is done, add the squash to the pan & mix everything together.
This is whole30 & paleo approved but the recipe can be modified to your palate. If you like spicy you can add some red pepper flakes to this dish. I liked it just as a breakfast itself but you can top it with some eggs. It has a slight Thanksgiving Stuffing taste to it, so you can even use this as a dinner side as well.