Visual Design Basics for Non-Designers
[Resources and Homework]
Learn a bit more about the topics mentioned below and create slides to represent what you learned. You may compile all your slides into a single slide deck.
- [1 slide] A bit about creative common licenses. Try to capture the main points into a single illustration.
- [2-4 slides] A bit more about text design: Ligature, kerning, and font families etc.
- [2-4 slides] A bit more about color theory e.g. Warm colors, cool colors, primary colors, saturation etc.
- [1 slide] Redesign the Boeing slide to make it more effective. That is, not to bury the lead.
- [2 slides] Take two slides from one of your past presentations and improve them based on what you learned from this talk. Include both ‘before’ and ‘after’ slides.
You may email Damith any queries regarding the above exercise.