CS-Studio Code-a-thon Topics
Ideas for the week before the EPICS Meeting at FRIB, in rough order of priority.
- CS-Studio development environment
Goal: All agree and understand the build process so that we’re able to build from sources and get the same results, everything or module-by-module.
- IDE build, command line build
- defining target platform
- Configure CIoudbees
Goal: CIoudbees builds everything, everybody can use the results (plugins, complete products) or, if desired, reproduce in local Hudson setup.
- Create common jobs on cloudbees jenkins (using Jenkins Job Builder).
- Re-enable the unit tests for the various cs-studio modules.
- Makes the jenkins jobs accessible (github repo of Jenkins Job Builder scripts)
- Update Docbook
Goal: Describes the above.
- Location of the various p2 and maven repositories associated with cs-studio
- Simple product build by assembling plugin/feature binaries from cloudbees.
- Build all of cs-studio from sources.
- Modularize applications into features (Issue #818)
Goal: Speed up build. Allow products to use older versions of selected features.
- where are they hosted
- where should shared plugins reside
- Common utility plugins
- remove duplicate utility classes
- dialogs and ui components (Password input #1005, Start/end time, ui pieces for VTypes)
- Mapping of IFile <-> File. RAP vs. RCP utils that include workspace or not.
- diirt version 3 integration
- updated VTypes
- VType: Use Java 8 Instant instead of its own timestamp
- Update all other uses of time to Java 8: Start/end time dialog
- logging API
- Use Optional<> for anything that can be null. Replace “if xx == null”.
- Lambdas for Runnable()
- Eclipse Preferences and Properties (specification for this project)
- Increase / improve Logging()
- Error reporting and usage data gathering.
Include new Eclipse UI freeze log plugin in CS-Studio
- Are there Java code convention recommendations for the project?