Wilson Education Association Scholarship
The WEA, the professional organization of Wilson teachers, will award three scholarships to graduating seniors. These seniors could be children of current WEA members, Wilson seniors, or both. Each scholarship is a $1000 award used to further a student’s education at an accredited college, university, trade, or technical school.
The following criteria must be met:
- Minimum 80% average in all major subjects at the end of the 2nd quarter (include transcript copy & current report card print-out)
- A course load of at least 6 majors (unless block scheduling)
- Evidence of a career goal from the choice of majors
- A WEA scholarship application form (WEA website – www.wilsonea.net)
- 2 letters of recommendation from teachers or counselors concerning the student’s work ethic and impact on their high school
- A one page resume
- A one page essay on what it means to be a positive member of your community and how you have demonstrated that during your high school years.
- All materials must be submitted to Mr. Wagner at Wilson High School - Upper House (E210) by Friday, April 6, 2018
Successful applicants will be invited to the Academic Awards Ceremony in May for recognition.
Visit the website for information and the application form